• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tegiwa kit

yes

dyno'd at a very healthy 197.1bhp before fitting

Obviously the car was mapped while still standard on Kpro/k100 then a second mapping session was done with the new intake to see a true comparison.. If not then I guess the comparison is pointless.

All this angst is really grating, why don't people just tell it how it is? The reason you don't buy a Gruppe M is likely down to you not being able to afford it and you're p*ssed at that. Either that or you've fallen into the category of people that think that everything on the planet should be cut-throat cheap because "like, yeah, what's the point?! Does the same job".. It does to the point of it being an intake, but if you can't understand the basic principle of quality then you fall into the following synopsis-

Buy performance Honda on the cheap.

Proceed to modify with cheap rip-off, ebay special, w*nk products.

Still think you're baller.

forever+alone+face.png

Do it properly, or don't do it at all..

Last edited by a moderator:
chill out man, not everyone can afford to throw every penny they earn at there car. Thats why there are a wide range of products with a wide range of prices. People can modify there cars as they like, thats the whole point of customizing!! Its not all about buying the most expensive parts for you car then expecting to get bummed for it just cos you have a GM over a tegiwa. If people are happy with what they are doing then thats all that matters.

For sure, I aint no scrubber, but I own the TEG. I am not that fooked about the name tbh. I've seen both kits, and to me, they are the same. The GM has a nicer carbon pattern that's for sure.

If cars were like the world of AV to me, I would no way buy the GM, but fcuk it; looks and sounds pretty awesome.

If I had £400 and wanted an induction, AEM Cai would be there for sure. But the circumstances at the time, the TEG came silly cheap, from a mate - so had it.

I do not think the GM > TM.

Civic... I understand that view point, not everyone can/ is willing to throw thousands at their cars, and that's fine. What the problem is is people acting like d*cks when people tell them information that should be blindingly obvious. The more you pay, the better the product will be. If people want to buy knock-offs, and invariably they do, such is the standard of civic owner recently, then go ahead; but at least accept that you're taking money from "proper" companies and buying substandard. It may be 'good', but in comparison to the real deal, it's still below par and should be seen as such.

i agree with you, its not always the case though that the more expensive the product the better it is, The mugen induction is a good example of this. But yes your right the GM is much better quality than the Teg, i am currently looking for a new induction kit as the AEM isnt doing it for me anymore and i dont get any gains from it, i have about 300 to spend and would rather get a 2nd or 3rd hand GM than a brand new teg.

Unbelievable brand snobbery still going on after something like 2 years of tegiwa being around. I find it extremely amusing.

dont get me wrong i think the teg is a great product, but if i can get a GM for the same price obviously im going to go for it.

The thing that I don't understand about the whole Tegiwa vs Gruppe M type discussion is the argument that buying a knock off is taking r&d money away from "proper" companies.

Many people who make this argument are same people who buy/sell the proper parts second hand - who's going to be getting the r&d money then? Will you conduct private experiments and send the money to the company's head office?

This is obviously just an observation, I know some people (particularly Nymph) do buy brand new from Japan, and my opinion is pretty much invalid anyway as I have an AEM V2 - universally acknowledged as an awful intake.

Unbelievable brand snobbery still going on after something like 2 years of tegiwa being around. I find it extremely amusing.

It's not brand snobbery, if Tegiwa had created their own product then they would be yet another option for people to purchase. It's the fact that they ripped off someone else's product and are profitting from essentially a mould of someone else's hard work. If they created their own, they'd just be like the ITG, V2, etc etc, just a cheaper alternative. But it's not, it's a copy.

It's not brand snobbery, if Tegiwa had created their own product then they would be yet another option for people to purchase. It's the fact that they ripped off someone else's product and are profitting from essentially a mould of someone else's hard work. If they created their own, they'd just be like the ITG, V2, etc etc, just a cheaper alternative. But it's not, it's a copy.

A LOT of things are copies of something else. No offence but get over it. If Gruppe M had any basis for legal action then they would've gone down that route and Tegiwa would be no more. But they haven't. c'est la vie.

Besides who cares if someone else fits an ''inferior'' product to their 10 year old 3/4 grand hatchback? In my opinion it would be stupid to buy an induction kit for 20% of the cars value when an alternative that has proven results is available for less money. Just my 2 cents dude.

That's fine, I'm saying anything against your point of view, or anyone elses' that's similar :) The main reason I posted what I did was to aim a "think about it" to the people that buy the Tegiwa and then get their knickers in a twist when someone tells them that the Gruppe M is a better piece of kit, which it is. If someone wants to use budget/ cheaper parts and they're happy then fair enough, but admit that, don't go slagging off the kit that has been copied for your benefit or the people who would rather pay double the price for the real thing.

GM Kit uses a K&N filter and is one of the reasons I went for a GM (second hand obviously) Tegiwa use an unbranded filter jobby afaik, not hitting on Tegiwa version though I think its a good affordable solution, however I got a 2nd hand good condition GM for another £40 - £50 squid (they usually go for around £380 - £400) and you also get the silver serial number plaque lol :p

GM Kit uses a K&N filter and is one of the reasons I went for a GM (second hand obviously) Tegiwa use an unbranded filter jobby afaik, not hitting on Tegiwa version though I think its a good affordable solution, however I got a 2nd hand good condition GM for another £40 - £50 squid (they usually go for around £380 - £400) and you also get the silver serial number plaque lol :p

when the Tegiwa first came out, the Gruppe-Ms were still fetching £550-£600 second hand...

when the Tegiwa first came out, the Gruppe-Ms were still fetching £550-£600 second hand...

Not at all. I bought and then sold my GM before the Tegiwa M was released.

I bought for £400 and then sold for £400 which was the going rate at the time and for months before hand, because I remember saving for 2 months and drooling for a month or so before that :lol:

honestly if I'd have found one at £400 when i was looking, i would have purchased it!

the cheapest one i saw at the time was £440, but it was slightly damaged!

Back