• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Bikerat

Apart from your tragic spelling this thing is ****ing ace man. If only you'd just etched it into the door so it rusted the design in :D

I've spent so much time fighting rust on cars that I refuse to rust one on purpose! The amount of salt on the roads up here eats cars, it'll end up rusty anyway.

Gotta love a micra :D my first car and loved every second of owning it until the throttle body and injector went pop at the same time.

Anyway i know ive seen one done in a similar sort of style but how about this, quickly threw it together. Initial D style :cool:

-50mm both ends. I need to chop a 1/2 coil off the back as the spring is slightly too narrow at the top and not entirely happy in the seat, should even out the ride height too.

I found some brilliant seats, black leathers from an Audi TT for £30 out the scrappy. I'll pull out the seats tomorrow and figure out how to make up rails and mounts.

I also bought an ironing board. Got plans.

Plans to do everyone's ironing at JAE?

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

I might be a bit late on this but are you aware Corsa B coilovers fit with very slight modification???

I might be a bit late on this but are you aware Corsa B coilovers fit with very slight modification???

Yeah, I've seen a few pictures, it's not ideal really. Besides, this whole set up cost £40.

I had a massive win today. I found a instrument cluster at the scrappy in a Super S (with a tacho), they go for about £75 on ebay, I got it for a fiver. I've done loads of research into putting a tacho in, and I was fully prepared for many hours of frustration and trial and error, mostly due to the final revision of the micra having a completely different ignition system and ecu. I found so much confusing and contradictory information that I was sure it was going to be awful. I plugged it in just to check it was serviceable and everything worked perfectly, including the tacho. Great success. So now I'm spending the afternoon on the couch eating pizza instead of routing through hundreds of wires.

It is a nasty turquoise though.

Question for you chaps: How do I go about telling the DVLA and insurance about the change in mileage?

DVLA won't be interested, insurance company would only care if you have made a mileage declaration.

At the moment it's not illegal to change the mileage, only to misrepresent it (effectively at sale time). New regulations due in a couple of years will tighten up on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks chaps, I'll give my insurance company a ring tomorrow as I do have a mileage declaration. I took photos of the mileage on both when I swapped them over, just in case.

WTF was a Super S Micra?

Disappointing, I imagine. :lol:

It was a lacklustre attempt to make a sporty micra. From Wiki:

Super S trim was available in 1993–1997, then the name was changed to SR (Facelift); Differences include a slightly faster 3.6 turns lock-to-lock rack, over the standard 3.8 turns, different colour coded front and rear bumpers, colour coded wing mirrors and bump strips, rear wrap around spoiler, front driving lights, remote fuel flap opening, wider 175/60/r13 tyres, rear ash tray, tachometer, more heavily bolstered seats, split folding rear seats and rear speaker shelf as standard. Features such as electric windows and power steering were still optional extras. The only engine available for the Super S was the 75 bhp CG13DE/ 1.3 twin cam 16v engine. The Micra Super S 1.3 facing competition along with Toyota Starlet Glanza S 1.3, Subaru Justy 1.3 4x4, Fiat Punto Sporting, both have similar specs and performance.

Mine is a facelift (of burnt-out American celebrity style), so it has the remote filler cap, dontcherknow. It's friggin awful. I have to open the boot, fold back the carpet and pull the mechanism by hand while I reach around (suit you Sir) with my other hand and pry it open with a screwdriver.

Also, 53bhp is breathtaking. Probably 50 once I weld on the exhaust and smash a pod filter on it....

I bet you could fit a Saxo VTS engine and eBay turbo kit

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

Back