• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Thinking of getting a FN2 type r

Lovely FN you have there bud!

It's a tough choice, if you want easy and worry free madness everyday stick with the Honda, if you want restricted mileage but a truly glorious occasional blast go with the M3. These Hondas are so much fun for the money, M3s are completely mental but the running cost are high. It will really come down to a cost-fun balance for most people.

Yeah, I came from a v8 so the type r seems super cheap compared to the 6 series and it is honestly a fantastic car for what it is, I just can't help looking at the m3 everyday.

So, ive decided that I want an m3...I will now strictly only maintain her to the highest spec until next year. Its booked in for an mot, oil and filter change, gearbox oil and valve clearances. If anything pops up during the mot, it will be fixed.

Not sure if this is against forum rules, if anyone is interested in buying her, let me know :)

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

Cable routing:

Goes to a Kinivo which means I have bluetooth capability played through the AUX:
DSC_0007.jpg

Just bought myself a Kinivo (should arrive today), does the mic work well right down there by your knee? Looks nice and discreet rather than slapped on the middle of the dash. How are you finding it? Had full OEM hands free and Bluetooth on the last two cars so this is a bit of a departure for me.

Hey, good bit of kit in that you don't have to manually repair it like some of the others everytime you get back in the car. Mixed feedback, some say they cant hear me that well, others say its crystal clear. To be fair, I very rarely get phone calls lol unless it's my Mrs telling me to pick something up so I didnt want it in my face. Try it in the same location as mine without sticking it down first

Hey, good bit of kit in that you don't have to manually repair it like some of the others everytime you get back in the car. Mixed feedback, some say they cant hear me that well, others say its crystal clear. To be fair, I very rarely get phone calls lol unless it's my Mrs telling me to pick something up so I didnt want it in my face. Try it in the same location as mine without sticking it down first

I'll give that a go this afternoon then when I get my daily Amazon delivery! I tend to do a lot of miles so use it to pass the time on motorways usually. Did 35k a year for the past 2 years.

Quick question, how do you unbolt the section to feed the cable through? Do you need to pop some trim off first?

Well £425 later, with the an oil service, gearbox oil, cam cover gasket kit, valve clearance check, subframe grease, brake pads stripped and greased and an MOT, no advisories, car is sunning super smooth. Think I've fallen for her again, but maybe thats down to driving a mazda 2 for the day lol.

So took my longest drive yet with the Type R, drove down to Cornwall for a summer break. Weather wasn't great, however the car was! However, I have had to put 3 cable ties on as the undertray was caught on a relatively large dip on a drive in the rental property I was staying at. Not impressed.

Heres some pics:

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

Managed to squeeze everything in:

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_1050.jpg

Travelling with two terrors means I will spend plenty of time cleaning the car tomorrow:

DSC_1052.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

Back