• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TP takes Baby ROTREX to FI FWD win in Time Attack

Sean, do it yourself mate.

To be honest though there isnt anything to do and its already arranged.

Plan is I take the car upto the track for some static pictures......of the car only.
Car then goes to TDi for a group mug shot of the 3 of us outside the unit as thats what its been this year, a group effort.
Me and Sean will fill the editor in with spec's, background etc.
No real glory to be had at the shoot as you are behind the camera all the time.
Car is the star as they say.

I'm hoping Sean can make it though but we have to work around work commitments as we are both self employed. It's been a great journey this year and its been me, Sean and Steve at all the events and test sessions and the icing on the cake will be if I can wrap it all up at Snetterton on the 11th October.:cool:

If I wasn't so bloody busy in October I might have come along to see.

Great news Sean, make sure you get on the shots as said.
It'll be some nice exposure for the car as I always the feel the EP3 doesn't get the attention it deserves.

It's been a great year with you, TP, Steve this year doing Timeattack and i've had a great time. Hope you get some nice silverware next month to top the year off for you with the car.

Let me know how Friday goes, and also drop me a PM when you can cos i'd like to tie up with what you and TP are doing for Snetts.

All the best
Dave T.

Well I've sort of put the full current spec of the car together to best of my memory - I only wanted a Mugen airbox FFS (but then I saw Julians car).

Engine

JE Pistons
BC Rods
ACL shells
ARP Bolts
Blockguard
Comart gasket
Clockwise Sump Baffle
Toda uprated chain tensioner
AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator, swirl pot, Walbro lifter, second pump and lines
RC 750CC injectors
Hondata KPro
TTS ROTREX C38/61 supercharger solution including custom race radiator & intercooler
TTS custom induction
Standard head, inlet manifold, throttlebody, cams, valves, valve springs, crank, oil pump

Drivetrain & Exhaust

Quaife LSD
Competition 6 puck ceramic sprung clutch
Clockwise lightweight steel flywheel
Spoon 4->2 Race header, Spoon2->1 Race Header/Honda Integra DC5 cat
JP Exhausts custom cat back

Brakes, Suspension, Wheels

AST Sportline II coilovers
Stoptech front brake kit with DS3000 pads, standard rears with DS3000 pads
Front and rear JDM ARB
Mugen bushes & engine mounts
J's strut front brace & ETD
OZ Superleggera 17*8 Toyo R888 225/45/17 Track
OZ Superleggera 17*7 Toyo T1R 215/40/17 Road

Miscellaneous

Mugen rear wing
Mugen roll cage
Corbeau race seat
BC replica front end

Just give me 20K and I could make better 04 facelift with 550-600BHP in time for Christmas and not repeat some expensive mistakes that I have learned.

TP and I are already planning next Season - the car is going to be lighter, tighter and with a little more power as a by by-product of rebuilding. I'm very keen to keep it real by driving her on the roads but for some of the long distance rounds it will probably make more sense to trailer her.

Dave I think TP has just booked the hotel for Snett, but I don't know the details. One of us will give you a ring over the weekend. To be honest, your car has been one heros of the NA world this season and I loved watching you and TP having a bloody good thrash round Brands. You have consistently made very effective use of your power in a far better prepared shell than Baby in a class that has some extreme competition. (Bloke turning up in his wife's commute car vs ex asia series touring car with half a dozens mechanics and a truck load of spares!). It would be real good fun if you could find time to spend a day with TP and I on really working out how to make Baby fly round and out of the corners as quick as you can.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yes and no!

Its the same car which was nicknamed Baby ROTREX by Richard at TTS when it was the first EP3 with the smaller charger and no intercooler. After she was nicked the first time, TP decided he was getting shut off his black EP3 so I bought his kit including intercooler which he was going to fit for TA in 2008. I sold my little charger to np40uk and swapped the massive one TP was going to use for the smaller of the bigger charger family (I have a theory the one we are using gives a better power delivery and response for a 2.0l than the big ones).

So I suppose she should really be re-named "angst, moody teenager ROTREX" but it doesn't have the right ring.

I've seen a few of the shots that were taken yesterday - with the fancy lighting and effects, they are stunning IMHO. I'm trying to bribe them in to loosing the ones of me with some pictures of her covered in finger print powder and smashed up in a salvage yard.

Seano

Car did look pretty stunning and moody in some of the pictures taken. Very cool.
Not enough coverage of EP3's and DC5's in magazines which to be honest far out numbers probably the combined total of Skylines, Supras, Evo's and Scoobs on the roads which generally fill the pages of the mags.

Good day yesterday though. Got the filming done then managed to get the clutch mastercylinder changed and clutch reset making it far easier to drive.
Gearbox oil seals been done last week so now we only need the arches rolling and we should be ready for Snetterton.:cool:

Cheers Sean for the comments, the last 2 years in Timeattack have been a great experience and I now know where I need to go with the car so it's just a case of doing it. Shame it will take so long to do but being a privateer I don't have anywhere near the budget of some teams.

Can't wait to see the pics, which magazine is it anyway?

TP sounds like he's had you busy, you doing the arches yourself or having someone do them? I know a place that does em if you need a contact let me know.

Jase, you coming for the full day at Snett's?

See you later.
Dave T.

Hi Dave

Yep , I'll be there about 10am I reckon ( depending on traffic ), driving up in the morning etc.

See ya there mate.

Well we now have a Cosworth camshaft match our Cosworth piston.

I think we can all take pride that forum member Paul West (TP) is now Time Attack FWD champion 2009 - Congratulations Paul, on a job well done!

It hasn't been easy and money has been tight, but there's still so much more to come from this car. I hope that Paul and TDi North will carry on with me to really get her flying - we will need to as I know there will be even tougher competition next year.

Thanks to all the forum folk who popped along and to say hi - it was appreciated, even if we were half way manic with hub failures or some other crisis of that minute and didn't always have time to chat.

I had a blast - Cheers!

Seano

Well done Paul and Sean.

Also well done to Dave who put in some very impressive times.
Good seeing you guys again.

Well done Paul and Seano and the Car :D

Also well done DaveT:D

Pretty impressive times from you both, Good luck with next years.

Well done Seano & TP on the win!:cool:

Also well done Dave T you must have been wringing the neck off that car to get those times!:D

Will hopefully be joining you next year if all goes to plan.

Well done TP and Seano!! Chuffed to bits for you both.

I know TP was chuffed with a 1.21 and once the handling is up to scratch that thing could easily drop below 1.20.

It was a great day again, last year I did a 1.29 at Snetts so I wanted to beat this so to finish with a 1.24 was awesome and I was over the moon with this. Julian yeah there wasn't anything else left in her that's for sure!

Once again well done guys and I look forward to next year!!

Dave T.

Back