• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

Hopefully it turns out alright for you and you don't end up regretting it.

As I said to you, I do not find the FK2 desirable to look at at all, I love the front end of it but the rear is a bit Barry's in my eyes. I could never park it up and turn around and think 'yeah, that's mine' and be proud of it, certainly not for the £20k plus that they cost.

Each to their own though and I do see the appeal, it's a hugely capable car for the money and one would hope doesn't need money throwing at it to make it competitive or stand out compared to the rest of the market.

For me there's something special about a high revving NA engine that I can thrash on track. I tried Turbo twice with Evo's and on the road they are mighty fast, but on track just not as fun I don't feel.

Also agreed about the FD2, that's probably why I've never bought one because I really don't see what they do over and above a modded DC5 especially considering the massive difference in price to pick one up and fettle with one.

Dotty to visit Spa, love rekindled and reverses decision.

Any takers? 10/1.

What have you found :lol:

If it's the box I think it is, a JMR battery bar - one off prototype in black. Owners book etc from Japan that came with mine as it was new. Possibly some other odds and sods once I sort through it.

First Brexit, then Trump and now Dotty leaves k20s.

Hell hath frozen.

I was the original UK owner of Dotty's car and did wonder if i was doing the right thing selling the FD2 and moving on to the FK2. I needn't have been worried as the FK2 is sublime in every way, lovely modern interior, beautiful exterior, enough power to match the looks ;) I would say hell will be getting a little warmer with the FK2 :)

Dotty to visit Spa, love rekindled and reverses decision.

Any takers? 10/1.

But the FK2 will do it quicker....... ;)

Just do it Stu.....End of.....;)

T.G.

But the FK2 will do it quicker....... ;)

Perhaps, but it may not be as fun. Plus all those stories you read about them overheating. ;)

My Evo is probably faster on track than my DC5, given the keys to both I'll take the DC5.

Same as my mate with his 1000 bhp R35 vs his Evo V RS, he always took the Evo.

Speed is not everything.

That said sub 3 minutes at Spa is impressive in any car, I'm sure the FK2 will be a hoot.

A caterham is faster than them all on track but it's not practical. I'm after a car that I don't want to have to fettle with .. that I won't be chasing bhp with , that has been proven very quick around the Nurburgring (7 mins 50ish) and that I can also take out for a drive and not worry about it braking. I'm not denying that the dc5 and fd2 are good around circuits I've been around spa and the ring in both , but as stated I have the desire to try something else and the fk is next on the hit list.

Perhaps, but it may not be as fun. Plus all those stories you read about them overheating. ;)

Not as such. They run quite high temps on track or extended runs on the autobahn. In extreme conditions they go into limp until cooled down. Mine was fine apart from the three EMLs, but two of those were becuase of the sports cat.

It was certainly fine round Croft bone stock too, back end was coming round trailing the brakes and was lots of fun.

It's nothing a bigger intercooler wouldn't sort out anyway if Stu is really bothered and there are a good few out there now. Plus Tom knows his way round them a fair bit!

Would you actually leave am FK2 stock or would the temptation to modify it be too hard to resist?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back