• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Seats ( NO AIR BAGS) in my Civic Sport. HELP !!!

HI, Im new to this so hope its right. Ive got a EK3 2004 Honda Civic Sport (complete Type R Replica). Ive just fitted type r bucket seats into my sport. I am now aware the type r seats do not contain the side AIRBAGS. When I took the old seat sout, this threw up the airbag warning light. I was ignoring it but have since been told that doing this will disarm all of the airbags. I spoke to my local honda dealer but they did not want anything to do with me as they did not want any responisbilty. What shoud I do????? :D :confused:

Its also going to affect your insurance.

I'm not 100% certain that it does defeat the remaining airbags.

When people have replaced their steering wheel for a non-airbag version, they have to fit a load resistor to defeat the sensor. This should also work with the seats, if you can find the correct terminals on the connector.

Prick

IMHO keep an ep2 as an ep2, return the ep2 stuff too it and keep type r badges off

If you dont wanna help dont bother speaking. Whats the f**kin point. If you can find anyone that will insure me (a 17 year old) on areal type R id like to hear it!. Plus it is still sport badged, i just like the type r kit and i like the look of the bucket seats.

If you dont wanna help dont bother speaking. Whats the f**kin point. If you can find anyone that will insure me (a 17 year old) on areal type R id like to hear it!. Plus it is still sport badged, i just like the type r kit and i like the look of the bucket seats.

Not a good way to act when you're new to the forum. Its a Type R owners forum so what do you expect?

Not a good way to act when you're new to the forum. Its a Type R owners forum so what do you expect?

+1. I have a Civic Sport mate and sometime on here you get people saying things like that but you just get over it and get on with it and be the bigger person. Also i would not talk to people lke that in here especicaly if you are new to the forum.

Just watch your back on here and what you are saying.

Also there are other civic sport owners on here as well. Look for some of them as well and PM them to see if they can help as well as everyone else.

mr_sport

Yer i know i overreacted but I saved up ages for my car and I would have really wanted a type r. I didnt think there was any need for that.

I know how you feel mate but you just need to keep your heaad on mate. And keep thinking about the Type R and when you can afford one.

mr_sport

Fireworks on here!, Unless there is a law passed that we are unaware of there is nothing stopping someone from adding Type R parts to a Sport although I would not swap the badges. People on this forum are fantastic so if you come on with some attitude you have to be prepared to get some back.

To be totally honest mate, whatever you do to your car there'll always be someone or people who don't agree with what you do to it. I had yellow OTT stripes on my black modded ST and it was like Marmite. Some people loved it, some didn't.

Some people may congratulate you on the time you're spending to mod a car in a way you want. Some may not! Do what you want and like it's been said, keep your cool. Being 17 and losing your cool isn't cool, it's daft. Come back with a clever comment or justify what you're doing - people will respect that more.

Congrats on doing what you want but bare in mind people won't agree with what you do to a car all of the time.

:lol: Sorry :lol:

Is that catalan? because this is what google pulled up

Since I am vegetarian, and much as I like to eat bread with tomato and ham and...I duke the donkey, I Duke the bull, which is wearing a cock in vinegar...agresivitat and contrast the donkey is always doing and going quiet...

An old forum user, Dynax (maybe ex on here) started out with a maroon EP1. He modified it with mugen goodies, seats etc amongst other things before he could afford the insurance/buy an EP3. Search some of his threads if they still exist.

Whoa someone blew off the handle. Shame you can't redo a first impression.....Childish
Anyway i also have a EP2 if you need help this forum is ace.

Whoa someone blew off the handle. Shame you can't redo a first impression.....Childish
Anyway i also have a EP2 if you need help this forum is ace.

To be totally honest mate, whatever you do to your car there'll always be someone or people who don't agree with what you do to it. I had yellow OTT stripes on my black modded ST and it was like Marmite. Some people loved it, some didn't.

Some people may congratulate you on the time you're spending to mod a car in a way you want. Some may not! Do what you want and like it's been said, keep your cool. Being 17 and losing your cool isn't cool, it's daft. Come back with a clever comment or justify what you're doing - people will respect that more.

Congrats on doing what you want but bare in mind people won't agree with what you do to a car all of the time.

I agree with both of them mate. Kepp your cool and take the rough with the smoth. As I tell my new staff in work when I am training them. Build a bridge and get on with it.

Lets hope that we can move on and no more childish behaviour.

Good luck with the mods and keep us ALL up to date mate and if you need a hand you know where ep2Sport and I are.

mr_sport

you can just get it switched off at a local garage my friend has this problem luckly enough his dad had the software to do it

I think some people are a bit harsh the guys who make their sports look like a type r but i think its cool its better than seeing them with some big chavvy bodykits

Yes the whole airbag system will now be disabled.

+1.

Right, so I take it that EK3 seats have side airbags in them then??

And you have changed your OEM seats to non Recaro, Standard Red/Grey Type R seats??

You've re connected the seatbelt pre-tensioners and have a yellow clip still left over going down under the carpet?

As paul.goffin said, you will need to fit a resistor into teh clip to complete the circuit and reactivate teh airbag system.

Oh, and tell your insurance company, they will love you for this.

Welcome to teh forum :D .

Oh, and tell your insurance company, they will love you for this.

At your age with mods it won't be pretty unfortunately.

If you don't tell them and have a prang, they are totally within their rights to refuse to pay out.

Judging by your avatar and the description of the car as being a Sport (thank god you didn't call it a Type S, boils my blood!), I do believe your car will be an EP2, this will be on your VIN after the SHH.

EK3 looks like this 1.5 SOHC 6th gen civic according to wikipedia...

Sedan
show_picture.jpg

3dr hatch
6064880_1.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :smt023

Back