• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Found this on another forum & thought of you Chris, but only because it's a CRX dude :p

[video=youtube;hqxGrTXHL-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxGrTXHL-E[/video]

Thanks Lee! And I thought I ran a lot of camber! The rear angle looks absolutely stupid imo.

What's broken today mate?
Is that supposed to be funny? :eek:

I've been getting a sense that something is going bad, I think it might be the drive shaft /CV joint again. I'm sometimes getting a very small vibration under load. But at the moment it's far to early to worry about.

Secondly, my car is beginning to smell like a 2 week old wet towel in a carrier bag, I can't wait for spring when I'll completely gut the interior and clean it piece by piece, eliminate ALL trim rattles and get it fully water tight! ;)

Had a little mini meet yesterday and met up with a few other CR-X owners. A particular favourite was a tin top 1.5X. It'd been de-spoiler and looked so much better for it, very tempted to get mine off now. :cool: Weirdly one of the guys turned up in a car I had nearly bought last year, the CR-X world is a small one!

Here's the pics.

crx_meet_feb11_1.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_2.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_3.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_4.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_5.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_6.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_7.jpg

crx_meet_feb11_8.jpg

UPDATE: Bits and Bobs 01/04/11

Not really an update of sorts, I just wanted to reassure people I was still throwing money away. I've been collecting quite a few bits and pieces over the last few months and most of them should be on the car in the next few days.

I have it booked in for a service on Monday, just having the general routine bits fitted.

Motul 8100 Engine Oil
Hamp Filter + sump washer
NGK Plugs
Splitfire Leads (though I'm 99% sure I've been supplied the wrong ones) :(
Honda Fuel Filter

oil_and_filter.jpg

ngk_plugs.jpg

splitfire_leads.jpg

fuel_filter.jpg

Secondly, it looks a state under the bonnet, so here's a few items to begin to remedy that, including a few to stop some minor oil leaks

Refurbed Cam Cover (From Bren)
Replacement Plug Cover
Rocker Cover Washers
Plug Seals
Cam End Seal
VTEC Solenoid Gasket
A few nuts and bolts
Exhaust Manifold Shield
Black Conduit to dress the wiring up a little
Spoon Socks
Gunk Degreasant

cam_cover-1.jpg

cam_cover2.jpg

plug_cover.jpg

seals_and_washers.jpg

nuts_and_bolts.jpg

manifold_cover.jpg

engine_conduit.jpg

spoon_socks.jpg

gunk.jpg

I bought a secondhand centre console from Ebay to replace a bodged double DIN to single DIN conversion. Trouble is when it turned up the plastic was badly damaged where someone had obviously removed a hifi when a large screwdriver. But with a lot of perseverance I got it looking 100 times better. :D

centre_console.jpg

centre_console2.jpg

centre_console3.jpg

Thanks to the 90's Honda/Rover collaboration lockless handles are available (rear Rover door handles), I don't intend to fit these particularly soon, as they need to be sprayed, but I'm looking forward to getting them on.

lockless_handles.jpg

JDM rear light cluster, twin reverse lamps and original raised lettering. :cool: It needs a good buff to remove the surface scratches, but it's in great condition.

jdm_rear_light.jpg

Finally some new Goodridge braided brake hoses, these will be fitted next time I'm down at TGM. :smt047

goodridge_hoses.jpg

goodridge_hoses2.jpg

Some nice bits there fella, the kind of stuff that alot of folk pass by and don't bother with.

Attention to detail FTW!!! 8)

Back