• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's DC5

Got a small upadte :)

Instead of buying new sh!t and hoarding it, I thought it was about time I got my ING's lip fitted.

Picked it up off Harv for a great price BNIB - so, thanks for that man.

Unpainted ING's v OEM

bc53aeed.jpg

Branded. Nice touch - I didn't know this was in there until, I went down the bodyshop.

616a700c.jpg

Here's what it should look like (cheers DaveC for the pic):

davec.jpg

I'm going to be honest - I don't know if I like it that much - but it was a good price, genuine, Japanese, JDM and all of that guff so I thought why not. As far as DC5 kits go, it's probably one of the better looking lips available - but I'm not sure if I like it more than OEM. We'll see what happens...

I was waiting for the missus yesterday evening - and thought I'd take some phone pics - here are a few of the ones I liked - they're sh!t where actual photography's concerned... but I like them; I think my car looks good in them - that's the OEM lip too.

2bc567f6.jpg

e7713ae8.jpg

8db44c3e.jpg

Thanks for reading...

INGs or OEM BTW?

There's not much in it for me, I do prefer the INGs from certain angles though.

I hate the Mugen bumper however. :lol:

INGs wins for me to be honest.

Much more purposeful look.

The thing I've noticed with DC5s is they look good stood still but have such a presence when moving, and obviously you don't get that with your own car as you're only ever driving it.

Following Harv's last year on the way to the tunnel in the dark. It just looked like a beast. Obviously Dotty's was the same (minus the wing at the time), but you couldn't appreciate it...

Fit the INGs then forget about it. Trust me it looks better, you'll just never get to truly appreciate it.

I personally much prefer the INGS to a Mugen one. The Mugen is fugly IMO. I say fit the INGS, keep the OEM, if you don't like it, just refit the OEM.;)

Cheers, well the ING's is getting done and the bumper (number plate bracket hole) is getting smoothed as well, just waiting for my Beatrush off-set plate holder.

Getting stuff done to the DC5, and it drives well.. but still preferred my Civic.

I need to pop on here to see your updates sun lol. Cars looking great and that INGs splitter looks pretty good as well mate. No plans for engine work?

Yeah. Justin - getting vertical doors soon.

I'm looking for/saving for a header so unless a good condition one comes up, I'll probably get a new TODA and get mapped by the summer. Coilovers are en route too.

James, why you giving the plans away for. Fcks sake.

Get it mapped and your mind will soon change - I understand your EP3 had a few aero parts and wheels on it, but surely for driving 'thrills' you must -prefer the Teg? :eek:

Yeah the Teg's alright - but the whole modding thing, I'm not in to it as much as I was with the Civic... And the modding is very much part of the experience of owning cars of this kind, for me.

It's staying and I'm doing stuff - but I'm not bang on the mods like I thought I would be. My EP3 was a header and K100 off an acknowledged stage/level of 'performance' completion - even if it's the basic I/H/E... so it was a bit more than just a set of wheels and some aero.

There's not much in the EP3 and DC5 the slip diff and steering are obvious, as is the additional power - the DC5 is easier to drive at the limit, as a result IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefered the EP Sun, always have done. Not taking anything away from the teg, its a great car. But I've always wanted my EP back ever since I sold it truth be told :lol:

Back