• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Update:

Went to the coachworks to see the car for the first time.

- Battery dead
- Couple wheels kerbed
- Front Lip's taken a light knock (fist sized dent on lip) - front end still perfectly intact.
- Headlight/bumper scraped - difficult to say with what though. about 15cm long and a 1cm wide. (Possibly with the tool they used to prise off the original number plates???)

What I have pointed out/aware of/claiming for. (Along with what them scum have done)

- A scratch in to the metal on the rear quarter (aware of)
- Another scratch on other quarter (polishable)
- Vent Missing off Recaro
- Rear quarter trim scuffed (card for passenger, behind frotn passenger seat)

TBH - Only other thing I wanted to check is the mileage: As the battery was down - the car didn't switch on.. so that's a concern. As I knew pretty much, exactly what the car had done.

If the claim goes through and all highlighted work is approved the car will be minter than I received it.

If the bumper is replaced as a result of the scrape 15cm x 1cm - along with the lip (which the inspector confirmed would be the case re: replacing lip). the front end barring the bonnet will be stone-chip free; which wasn't the case when I purchased the car - result. Coupeld with the scratches and interiom trim panel result.

- Diagnostic is confirmed to take place
- Road-test also
- Geometry/Alignment too

I have expressly asked for a print-out regarding these three things, which I will receive onece the car has been on the ramps.

Dowside - I really want to know about the mileage for the 3-4 day ordeal. And the fact that it's still been nicked, and some grubby kunt has had his way with it for that period..

Otherwise, it could end up coming back better than it left; all being well and good. :cool:

Useless mother-fackers.. Left weed stems all up in the car - and the circular cubby hole has been used as an ash-tray.. kunts..

Last edited by a moderator:
Useless mother-fackers.. Left weed stems all up in the car

It's ok, you dont have to lie to us, we aren't the police :lol:

But no seriously, in a way, should be good to get her all mint again. Although you will have to see how she drives aswell. Especially if they have curbed the alloys and stuffed the bumper.

Latest update

Insurance have signed off on £3,200 worth of work. Should ahve the car back beginning of week, after next.

Includes:

- Front Bumper (Welcome this as it was stone-chipped)
- Front Lip (Welcome this as it was stone-chipped)
- Off-side headlight cover (Result of the theft)
- Rear bench interior card trim/lining (Welcome this: was like this when I bought the car)
- New Wheels or a refurb (depending on the state, once the tech's had a look - welcome this: Wheels were mint though TBH before the robbery)
- Couple of scratches one into the metal, other superficial (Welcome this as I had spoken to TGM about rectifying these for me; quoted £350)
- A new OEM Toolkit that comes in the boot (as the thieves have taken/lost half of the gear - welcome this, as obviously belongs in the car)
- Interior and Exterior valet (standard)
- Geometry/Alignment (assuring after the 170 miles they managed)
- Diagnostic Report (reassurance in respect of the engine - I'm lead to believe that this was conducted and came back clear, which is why a claim in regard to an engine was not made)
- Courtesy car.

@ Rossy.. Mate, keen to get your opinion on this development if poss - as I know you know about this sort of thing - and you were giving me the heads up earlier in the thread regarding vehicle recovery. What do you make of this in regard to the value/impact value etc. and how I've come out of this, considering the theft etc. potential/down the line issues/concerns etc.

Input appreciated man.

Oh, the thieves managed 170miles in the car in 4 days too. car had 23,615 - it's up at 23,790

The car was mint before (barring the scratch into the metal that I'm getting rectified as a result of the theft, and the rear bench interior trim being scraped too :smt047)

sounds like your insurance company are doing a spot on job which is good :D

Yeah, if it comes out anywhere close to how I'm imagining - I'll be chuffed, because the car was in good nick, before it got stolen - and the damage on recovery was nothing in comparison to some cars you see on the road running around, let alone after a recovery.

Forgot to include new number plates will also be included.

Fingers crossed - it comes back all good..

If you want to speak to Rossy, why don't you fire him a PM instead of changing your thread title :freak:.

If you want to speak to Rossy, why don't you fire him a PM instead of changing your thread title :freak:.

Golly, that's charming... :p I'd like rossy to see it, but the post, seeking opinions, is not confined to just rossy like.

I've posted it now.. if he picks it up, cool.. if not I'll hit him with a PM later - chill ;)

Edit: Changed the title. ;)

i just saw this thread naturally i didn't get directed into it. anyway.

im not an expert on anything for the record, just a cautious cynic. your insurance company seems that is being very good to you by authorising over 3ks worth of work on your car.

from a quick read it looks like the bandits put 170 miles onto your car. which isn't really enough to muller it, if the wheels were seriously kerbed and the sump was smashed then you know they have been riding kerbs and going over speedbumps at mach 10 to avoid police. from what sounds like that is not the case. also one thing i would worry about is them over revving when downchanging or wrong gear selection as the civic with its tight gearbox is notorious for having done. i think an over rev would show up on a fault code scan (unless the civic forgets codes if battery is dead, i know your battery did die die to lights being left on? most cars don't forget codes on battery reset but i have heard people saying that to reset EML to remove battery for 30 minutes so im not sure, someone will have to clarify).

so that being said you are getting a mint car back in return. what are TGM like for paint work, do they contract it out? as that needs to be spot on.

in terms of a "what this has cost you" valuation, by being on the stolen recovered register that is not too difficult to put a price on. lets say for arguments sake your car has a value of £8500 as a vgc/mint low owner EP3 with those miles. if it was the same mint car cat D from a smash you would knock approximately £1000-1500 off depending on exact specifics making the car be worth a minimum of 7K. as this is cat D stolen recovered during YOUR ownership, and i presume you can get receipts for all this work undertaken this will allay the fears in potential purchasers in years to come. if you were to sell it immediately after having work done i would expect you to sell at £7500 minimum so a loss of 1K over a non registered car. as the invoices/receipts will show the work was minor and the car wasn't ragged for a thousand miles potential purchasers will not worry to much, but have in the back of their mind the hit they will have to take on their resale.

the longer you keep the car the less of a hit in price you will take as the cars value decreases. if you sold in 3 years and your car in non register form was worth £5000, then you might get high £4000s so its less of a big deal.

the important thing out of all this is to document as much as you can about what happened so as to make selling easier and make you get the best price possible.

Nice one :cool: I'll stick something more comprehensive down when I'm on a PC (iPhoning it off ATM in dutty Southall traffic FFS). Appreciate the cynical view, I see you chatting sense up in a few used car threads, so it's all good.

I do have a couple questions (especially regarding points you've touched on); will be checking Google/other resources too.

Nice one though man.

southall. goto the mcdonalds drive through on the uxbridge road for a big mac. if you eat non halal meat you will get a fresh one cooked as no one in there eats non halal. good tip that.

southall. goto the mcdonalds drive through on the uxbridge road for a big mac. if you eat non halal meat you will get a fresh one cooked as no one in there eats non halal. good tip that.

Bus FTL. Courtesy car from Monday when the car goes on to the workshop.

All about the Fillet o' fish in any MacD's tartar saucing FTW.

yeah you know it... Om nom nom nom territory well and truly nom'ed. Banging!

This is back home now..

So thanks to all of you whom took an interest, and offered kind words of support; it's been much appreciated during a difficult/stressful period.

Thanks again,

TR

The car is immaculate - having it stolen's obviously not ideal, but for the 170 miles they managed - I've received it back in better condition than it left me (New Grille, New Bumper, New Front and Rear Lips, Respray on both rear quarter panels, fully polished so superficial scratches which there were tons of, no longer exist, full underside inspection, 4 wheel refurb, new interior trim panels (cards) for both sides in the back, Diagnostic, Alignment, 2 front tyres, new toolkit for the boot, locks changed, so new mint keys and fobs, and fully valted :D). So I'm very happy... got it home and jacked up myself and had look, and nothing appears to have been missed.

Sporting a Mugen Grille too.. about time I had a bit of luck..*touch wood*

Back