• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

take pictures of it immediately in its returned state and if you have an invoice for all this work undertaken keep all that so when you come to sell it as CAT D stolen recovered people will see it was given the best treatment possible.

The insurance stated that it won't be a Cat D, apparently, when I spoke to them?

Copy of the invoice.. standard procedure... It'll prove that the only damage was bodywork panels, nothin mechanical - coupled with the invoice/estimate, and links to the threads I have put about: All of it should add up with minimal issues.

If I only repaired what the actual theft damage was, I would have (1) been stupid, but (2) received a new lip, bumper and headlight cover (that's it)... I've claimed not because the motor was screwed - more to recoup as much back to bridge any loss I may incur/suffer - so I may aswell mint it, rather than pay for these things like I was going to do originally - pre-theft.

Very nice to hear that it's now back in your possession and in such a nice state mate, am pleased for you :) If pleased is the right word? Theft sucks, but I think of the potential outcomes this is a very good one :)

Yeah man, you're not wrong Nymphy - I'm active on Civinfo (from when I had my FN2) and one of the chaps there, has just lost £11k; he bought a car 2 weeks ago off of E-bay, and got a call from the police to say the vehicles was stolen and sold to him on dodgy docs/plates etc. and that it'll be impounded.. Insurance aren't doing jack, as the car's technically not been stolen from him.. :gulp::?

When I think of the outcomes, yeah it's been unpleasant, inconvenient and the thought of intrusion (home/car) has been scary to think about - but it could have been a lot worse - and I've been compensated somewhat so I'm quietly content..

Quietly content indeed :) Just look forward to it's forward progression mate.
And that sucks about that other guy, I wouldn't know what to do with myself in that situation :?

Quietly content indeed :) Just look forward to it's forward progression mate.
And that sucks about that other guy, I wouldn't know what to do with myself in that situation :?

Yeah you know it man... what that chap is going through is a proper fck'ries.. I feel sick for him... £11k man... not no finance jobby... Paid out-right job done.. gone.. :yikes:

I think I would actually be sick if it were me, it might have taken a while to let it sink in but when the realisation hits you I'm sure it would be most unpleasant :?

I thought categories were only assigned if the car was written off.

Likewise, I was under the same impression Beard..

Apparently, not that I'll be doing it, but you can contact HPi to remove details of a stolen recovered off of the vehicles check?

One of the Honda dealers that I use confirmed they had done this on a brand New Accord that they had recovered, after it was bought using a fraudulent cheque, then subsequently abandoned to see if there was any heat surrounding the car.. :confused:

well your car was stolen recovered, hence why it would normally go on the register. i don't know the technicalities as to how long a car has to be stolen, or if there is a cost of damage threshold, or the fact that police have to be involved, which yours was.

all you can do is wait for 3-6 months an do an HPI check to see what comes up. do a mytextcheck for £3. better than going the whole hog.

ok i have found out the technicality of a "stolen recovered" car means where the insurance company have paid out on the car before the car was returned. in this instance you were not paid out a settlement before the car was returned so you have probably escaped the register.

and got some new bits on your car free free. nice.

yeah your car, whilst in reality was stolen recovered it should escape the register because the insurance company repaired the car. it wasn't written off as a loss due to damage becuase the damage was slight. and the car was found quickly and therefore not written off as stolen. i wonder what the time period an insurance company waits to write off a car as stolen is?

grillage.jpg

It's not bent, it's just my knackered, dodgy iPhone - pic...

Looks a perfect fit Sun!

Genuine Moogy.. it was bound to be bud... thanks again for the hook-up!

I'll get some more pics up soon, but yeah it sits pretty flush, the paint match is well, and it follows the bonnet contours.. chuffed..

It's picked up a stone-chip though :evil::rolleyes::p

I wasn't sure about it on a stock looking EP3.. but it is immense, gets enough attention.. especially as the car is polished too.. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back