• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Thought bugger it at 400 miles gave it full beans today, managed to get the back end out twice unexpectedly largely down to the cold roads and grit but found it really easy to bring back in line, what I didn't realise until this evening whilst reading the manual is traction control can only be switched off in R+ setting which is a bit annoying, but hey ho.

Well it would have been rude not to go out and have a play, the problem in R is traction is poor through the gears atleast at 1c lol, I mean even with the TC on, how ever switch it off and the car becomes quite an animal you can have some real fun in the corners the car moves around a lot which I like and had full on grin moments.

I really wish you could switch the settings around as R + Sport dampers would be perfect imho.

I'd say it will become possible with the likes of Hondata ect, apparently steering and suspension is linked via the BCM so you cant have say comfort steering with +R suspension, but you should be able to have the other +R settings in the other modes. Its a pity its not more user customise-able though via the infotainment like other manufacturers, maby Honda's saving that for the facelift :)

Its a pity its not more user customise-able though via the infotainment like other manufacturers, maby Honda's saving that for the facelift :)

We can only hope they do something with the infotainment system in general because it's a bit of a let-down. Volume control, lack of customisation, touch responsiveness etc. It's not as good as many of its competitors (which is a shame when you see what you can get for a few hundred these days from third-party vendors)

i stick it in +R 90% of the time now, sport on a motorway, comfort only when I am reversing onto my drive.

wanna feel like I am driving something raw and focused to match the looks!

Installed new OEM mats and windscreen wipers. The mats are so much nicer than those ebay-specials the car came with.

Also got the new battery to install but I didn't want to do that in the rain. Just tested the new one and it's at 12.6v so I won't need to charge it before an install which is nice (according to the manual anyway).

Installed new OEM mats and windscreen wipers. The mats are so much nicer than those ebay-specials the car came with.

Also got the new battery to install but I didn't want to do that in the rain. Just tested the new one and it's at 12.6v so I won't need to charge it before an install which is nice (according to the manual anyway).

Aren't the £100 mats and wipers they come with OEM?

Also is the battery a lightweight Jobbie?

Aren't the £100 mats and wipers they come with OEM?

Also is the battery a lightweight Jobbie?

I bought the EP3 second hand, it had some cheap-ish mats installed (I guess when the originals wore out); since I was buying those (and I needed new wipers and a battery) I got OEM-everything from Cox.

I would have loved a decent AGM battery (saving a few kilos be damned) but the prices were more than double a regular kind and I needed something soon.

I spent most of the day with my mate's FK8 on the rolling road with TDI tuning and their box.
1st run was standard map 99ron petrol 320bhp at least getting what Honda publish . The best result we got with the tuning box was 347bhp. TDI can't get any more out of the car and are very disappointed with that. It looks like the ecu will not allow it. You can add more boost but then the car will adjust something else to reduce the power. Tdi are going to look at a 4th channel on their box to help the maf sensor to see if that helps. They hoping of 380 plus bhp. The power curve is the same as factory until 6000 rpm when the extra power comes in.

Be very careful when you get up around 380bhp. There is a reason Honda have kept the engine restricted to 320bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Mathew b very interesting. Is their box planned to be an odb port jobbie or send the ecu away?

What did it do to the torque?

Honda are very protective of their babies!!!!! I can see their point, "we didn't work 23 hour days getting it just right on all aspects, only for you to ruin it by mapping it to 400bhp!!"

It's just a plug in under the bonnet. I think it's the throttle sensor,boost and fuel. I won't do any of that to mine.
Sorry can't remember torque. I'll see if my mate has a print out

Back