• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Owned Since: Dec' 09
Bought Mileage: 22,100
Current Mileage: 23,700

Last edited by a moderator:
Repost for me... '02 plate and just tipped 81,000 miles. It has been a great eight years of ownership so far. 8)

Don't think I've known anyone to hang onto a Type-R that long. Dotty comes close with many.. I suppose, but still.. That's veteran tenure there mate :cool:
I presume you picked it up new?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I've known anyone to hang onto a Type-R that long. Dotty comes close with many.. I suppose, but still.. That's veteran tenure there mate :cool:
I presume you picked it up new?

No TypeRiter - I picked it up second hand - six months old and with 9,000 on the clock in October 2002. It is my first car hence a lot of hard earned and graft went into its straight purchase. CTRs were a rare find at the start of the decade and I was after a NHB one but the silver looked great and it was in good nick despite the higher than average mileage. It also has the OEM MiniDisc player... ;)

I'm very much of the mind-set of work hard and take care of the things you have worked hard for. I've only had minor problems with the CTR - it has been a lot more reliable than expected and it still gives me the sense of occasion when tootling about. :D

Last year, it was between me and Raj as to who had their EP3 the longest as I had mine since Sept 02 and had her for a good 7.5yrs before I had to change it due to having a family.

Raj- good to hear your R is still going strong and hope you are good and well 8) I still wish I had mine :'(

Back