• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which HID's

I have been looking trough the forum about the HIDs. I have found out alot about how to fit them and the legality side of them.

I dont know much about them and getting confussed about what ones to get etc.

so basicaly I am just looking for some advice on where to get them, what ones and where is the best place to get them etc. (I also have the Civic Sport (54 plate) if that makes any differnece)

I have a mate as well with a CTR and he got a set from good old ebay but it was only the main head light buld. Looks a bit daft with one set of HIDs and the the "orange" side lights and full beams. And was just wondering if that is the same with places like HID4u or do they geive you the full set of lights.

Thanks in advance.

Mr_sport

Your car will be a facelift so unless you buy two sets of HID's you will only be upgrading the main beam.

Prefacelift have a bi-xenon bulb so that upgrades the main and full beam. You dont usually get sidelights but some companies may throw them in. Sidelights are very cheap however, about a tenner from www.hids4u.co.uk

Your after the H1, thats your bulb size, then the colour is up to you. 4300k is most like white and then the further you go up (6000k, 8000k) the more blue it gets. I would reccomend one of HIDS4u's own kits in 6000k form as I think they look spot on.

Something like this, http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h1-55w-pro-max-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-c-13-p-1-pr-47.html with these sidelight bulbs, http://www.hids4u.co.uk/501-led-high-power-1w-upgrade-bulb-c-62-p-1-pr-86.html

Thanks also for the link scott. I have a preface lift so will be getting the missus the H4 kit for xmas... hang on a minute, she doesn't have a CTR! Oh well, i'm sure i can put them to good use!

Another selfless dead!

Thanks alot guys. got the side lights ordered and now just have to decide if i am going to get x2 kits or just the one just now.

thanks again mate

Thanks for that about the full beam. I might just put the HID for the main beam and just get the 90% brighter bulids from halfords or something like that just now.

Thanks again mate

i might also add you on the ps3 mate as well (tamw)

Thanks for that about the full beam. I might just put the HID for the main beam and just get the 90% brighter bulids from halfords or something like that just now.

Thanks again mate

i might also add you on the ps3 mate as well (tamw)

No problem mate, how many people see your full beam anyway?

Yeah add me, cheers.

I guess. not aot of people will see my full beam unless i want to blind them or flash them!!!

I will add you the next time i am on mate.

I have had a look through some web sites and talking to a few friends that have HID's and they have said to go to HIDs4u or HIDs-direct.

So all i need to do now is work out what ones to go for.

i use 8000Ks. i know the 5000/6000 provide technically the highest light output, but 8000K has a nice blue tint (at the expense of total light output) the 10Ks look too purpley blue i don't like at all.

8000K is FTW.

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking the 8000 ones as well because they have that blue tint to them. But then again i am onyl getting one set just now so i will need to get other bulds for the full beam to blend in. Laready ahve the LED side lights.

Just need to work all that out now.

Just another quick question. Do you need to take the front bumber off to take the lights out or can you do it another way.

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking the 8000 ones as well because they have that blue tint to them. But then again i am onyl getting one set just now so i will need to get other bulds for the full beam to blend in. Laready ahve the LED side lights.

Just need to work all that out now.

Just another quick question. Do you need to take the front bumber off to take the lights out or can you do it another way.

Side light bulbs?

I have got a bit confussed just now. is the dipped deam H1 or H4. I know that it says that it is H1 on the other page but i just want to make sure. And that it is HB3 for full beam.

Thanks again

mr_sport

Back