• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Who is getting a ceramic coating done and what have you paid?

Had mine done just a week ago. Was recommended a detailer nearby who quoted me £305.

For this got a two stage paint correction, full detar and clay of the car plus stonechip correction.

The ceramic coating used was cquk and the entire car was coated inc the glass and wheels olus arches.

Car looked absolutely stunning. Gave it it's first wash today and after a snowfoam and rinse, the dirt just flew off and the microfibre mitt just glided over the paintwork when washing. Also the rinse water was fairly clean indicating that most of the dirt just flew off at the prewash stage.

Highly recommended
76e1c17d02d59c947d52a1e1dedf230f.jpg
7ddbc775c0585a54a22240d1eb119b8a.jpg
307c4674fd9c51c667734f7d35df5ec9.jpg
d033464891861c0fb19ce210c0c5114a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This thread makes me feel slightly guilty....now 2,600miles on the clock and its only been washed once...and that was by the local car wash

ah man.....as strange as it is to say as a fellow CW owner, I am very jealous of your car..........!

I did buy a new pressure washer, wheel seleant, new wheel brush, Dodo Juice Diamond White wax, Demonshine TFL remover, Poorboys Black hole on Black Friday so looking fwd to weekend......neighbours already think I am nuts, wait until I get the car hairdryer delivered...

This thread makes me feel slightly guilty....now 2,600miles on the clock and its only been washed once...and that was by the local car wash

WHAT??!! I think we need to pack your stuff into a cardboard box and ask you to move on fella....:p

the very thought of someone else washing it has made me quite faint.

Kettering Road actually. Can't say I have tried all the various places in town, I just go to the closest for convenience. Northampton Road once always seems busy though so I assume is ok.

yeah if you like swirl marks!!! Only jesting...

Has anybody bought some 9h ceramic coating and done The coating there selves? Or is it just worth getting a proper job done by a company?

Depends how confident you are, if it goes wrong then from what I gather its a sand out job.

Mines got 3 ceramic coatings, the top coat is a diamond based coating and if I'm honest it's a ballache when cleaning.
Pending on your cars location or the weather you'll find the car is repelling your suds as soon as you wash it, snow foaming is the worst because it repels that quick you can end up with horrible dried soap streaks.
Water spotting is also a big problem (pending on your water hardness).

Shopping list for ceramic coatings,
PH shampoo, preferably linked to your coating (no wax/conditioning shampoo)
Race glaze water filter, gives you 0 water hardness and you basically rinse off and walkaway (you can still get swirling in a ceramic coating just not in the paint)
A quick detailing spray that's linked to your product, they say 5 years life but that depends on how you maintain the coating.
Also I highly recommend Kamikaze water spot remover, it's the only water spot remover available for ceramic coatings, removes them instantly http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kamikaze-collection/water-spot-remover-250ml.aspx

Ceramic coatings are worth it and they protect your cars paint but be prepared

Shocking behaviour, go stand in the corner and repeat I must not use a local car wash!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a picture I took in the summer,
I snow foamed the car and by the time I'd done a full coat I was left with this mess, on a white car makes it harder to spot

Another picture showing how quick it repels water, this was a steady flow from the hose pipe

Depends how confident you are, if it goes wrong then from what I gather its a sand out job.

Mines got 3 ceramic coatings, the top coat is a diamond based coating and if I'm honest it's a ballache when cleaning.
Pending on your cars location or the weather you'll find the car is repelling your suds as soon as you wash it, snow foaming is the worst because it repels that quick you can end up with horrible dried soap streaks.
Water spotting is also a big problem (pending on your water hardness).

Shopping list for ceramic coatings,
PH shampoo, preferably linked to your coating (no wax/conditioning shampoo)
Race glaze water filter, gives you 0 water hardness and you basically rinse off and walkaway (you can still get swirling in a ceramic coating just not in the paint)
A quick detailing spray that's linked to your product, they say 5 years life but that depends on how you maintain the coating.
Also I highly recommend Kamikaze water spot remover, it's the only water spot remover available for ceramic coatings, removes them instantly http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kamikaze-collection/water-spot-remover-250ml.aspx

Ceramic coatings are worth it and they protect your cars paint but be prepared
I recently gave the ep3 some love with some gyeon mohs ceramic coating. Mainly because I don't get the time to clean it as often as I'd like and it looks to speed up the process which will bode well with the Mrs!

I recently bought some chemical guys citrus wash and gloss as my megs gold class nearly ran out. Is this okay to use on the ceramic coating? I'm sure I read somewhere that no enhancers should be used?

Also, is there any stuff I should you a couple of times a year as a top up? I did 2 layers of ceramic then a wipe over with gyeon cure, not sure if that is best to go over again to keep it fresh?

I'll have a look into the water purifying thing but that sounds like a lot of effort, these coating are meant to reduce swirls from drying towels etc aren't they?

Thanks for the info, I'm really happy with the gyeon stuff so far.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Place called Stffordshire Car Care do an amazing job, they post quite a lot on there facebook page.

They use Gyeon products

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm only going by how the detailer told me to look after ceramic coatings,
The water filter is simple, hose in hose out job, I use it to fill my buckets up.
Ceramic coatings can still swirl but its in the coating not the paint (it's nowhere near as bad as paint swirling but you will get some under certain light)

Gyeon do a detail spray called Cure, ideal for topping up Gyeon ceramics, from what I remember it can be spritzed on wet or dry panels.

Regarding shampoo I mentioned I had a bottle of megs class and he told me definitely no as it has conditioners in, he said any standard pH neutral shampoo.
Luckily my coating company have their own which adds life to the coating.
Gyeon do a shampoo called bathe + which adds gloss and protection

I'm not sure on the citrus but I see that as a strong degreaser which may reduce your coatings life span

Bathe plus is a great shampoo and what I've was recommended for my coating. So much easier not having to polish and wax the car as much as i enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back