• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

WTF is this under my carpet?????

Suits

First to flounce
Today, mysefl and Chevron Joe, were swapping carpets.

When Joe removed his drivers seat I noticed a big bulge under the carpet.

Once we removed the carpet this was what was there, its big !

I call alarm.

SV401011.jpg

SV401010.jpg

don't know, its shaped like an amp, but i would have to go with neily and say some alarm gizmo.

also, why is he chevron joe?

also, why is he chevron joe?

:lol:

I was describing him to dotty the other day (in real life, not teh interwebz) and we have a few Joe's on here so teh best way I could describe him was ^ (chevron) Joe.

hmm i like that, logical.

going back to "your box" there is a red & black wire coming out, red and black are usually associated with power not the left & right phono leads that would go into an amp. they are too thin i think for phono and also the power in on an amp is that thick single cable not two seperate ones, so all things considered i have to say alarm but then i am ready to be proved wrong...

Right, makes sense.

Im not really up on car ICE stuff, so I was totally confused. Joe seemed to think it was the norm to have bomb underneath the drivers seat :lol: .

Just to be clear, as the title is misleading, this is on Chev's car, not mine.

I don't know where the alarm is a CTR?

I don't know where the alarm is a CTR?

ENGRISH. do you speak it?

engrish-2.jpg

teh bomb is only the norm if the car was purchased from high wycombe :smt047. i have one under mine. it certainly makes me drive safely. mirror, signal, explosion.

it could be a tracker unit. I am fairly sure there is not a box like that under the seat on my facelift but then it could be different for the premier.

My money goes on being an aftermarket fit tracker as it looks like where the bolts look like they go (ie the corners) there looks to be a little bit of primer or similar.

it could be a tracker unit. I am fairly sure there is not a box like that under the seat on my facelift but then it could be different for the premier.

My money goes on being an aftermarket fit tracker as it looks like where the bolts look like they go (ie the corners) there looks to be a little bit of primer or similar.

The alarm unit was modified for facelift CTR's including Premier. ;)

Sorry, it's nothing more exciting than the alarm unit

Last edited by a moderator:
Back