• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xdcx SS EP3

Wow, I think I've finally met someone that suffers from the desire of instant gratification worse than I do! haha

Wow, I think I've finally met someone that suffers from the desire of instant gratification worse than I do! haha

I bought it from Nick on Saturday afternoon. I got out my bed early on Sunday and found the only garage open on Sunday was Kwik Fit. They told me they only fit their own supplied parts and I was actually raging. I'm suprised I lasted yesterday without breaking my car trying to do it myself haha. No patience what so ever with certain things.

I bought it from Nick on Saturday afternoon. I got out my bed early on Sunday and found the only garage open on Sunday was Kwik Fit. They told me they only fit their own supplied parts and I was actually raging. I'm suprised I lasted yesterday without breaking my car trying to do it myself haha. No patience what so ever with certain things.

WTF!? What a bunch of d*cks! At the end of the day just charging someone £80 to fit an exhaust they didn't have to buy and/or source is essentially pure profit, what numpty would turn that down!? :? At least it should be sorted within the next 24hours though :D

WTF!? What a bunch of d*cks! At the end of the day just charging someone £80 to fit an exhaust they didn't have to buy and/or source is essentially pure profit, what numpty would turn that down!? :? At least it should be sorted within the next 24hours though :D

£80 bloody quid, I would have firebombed the garage if they said that was price of fitting an exhaust :p

They must have been thinking they are too good and upper class to fit cheapo Spoon rubbish on a lowly Honda.

I was just going by the average hourly rate, as the Honda garage closest to me only charge by the hour, so even if it's a 15 minute job they still want to hit you with the £80 bill :?

I took the car into the garage and he said he would do it there and then and to go back in an hour or so, said it would only cost a tenner because "yer a good lad" :D

Recieved a phone call an hour later saying the bolts holding the OEM b pipe onto the cat were rusted solid and were not budging. He said they would get them out but it would take a little more time etc and would cost a little more than £10 now. So I left them to it as I was kind of expecting for everything not to go perfectly.

He called me later saying it was fitted, he said it was the best exhaust he has ever fitted to a car in his garage and that it sounded absolutely awesome. Just as that the other mechanic pulled up outside in it to pick me up as he was "road testing" it :lol: Got in the car with him and he said he was just testing over speed bumps and stuff, so we went for a wee run. Whole time he is thinking it's a really quick car and it sounds amazing but he wasn't even going over 4k revs, so got him to hit VTEC and his reaction was hilarious. He said I wasn't getting the car back, said he wants it for himself haha.

£30 they took as it took thm 2 hours to do. I tried to give him £40 but he said if I didn't give him £30 I was never to go near his garage again! £30 it is. The OEM b pipe was in a bad state, he said it had not much life left actually and was good to get it replaced. Said the Spoon fits the car bang on and is a brilliant system.

So, Spoon b pipe and N1 fitted and sounds amazing :twisted: I love it. Need to give it a proper drive though as been on petrol light the whole time since getting it done. Next, fast road setup!!

If it took two hours the local Honda place would have asked me to hand over £160, so £30 is fapping awesome! lol

I told you'd love it :)

Sounds like a good garage too, the place I took my car for it's MOT it passed with an advisory "rear exhaust noisy" :rolleyes:

I told you'd love it :)

Sounds like a good garage too, the place I took my car for it's MOT it passed with an advisory "rear exhaust noisy" :rolleyes:

haha, well when MOT time is due, it's going to the garage that fitted the Spoon stuff. Hopefully my advisory says "Exhaust sounds awesome!" :lol:

Will get pics of Spoon on ASAP.

Another update, it's pay day!!

I ended up on a bloody eBay spending spree last night with some mild encouragement from you know who. He's a bad influence, don't talk to him :lol:

Have ordered -

Do-Luck Brake Hoses
Ferodo DS2500 Pads
Silkolene Pro Race 2000 Fluid

The standard brakes are rubbish and it's starting to annoy me, so put on my safety head for once and realised that stopping the thing safely is better investment than making it quicker for now.

I did yes, Do-Luck lines, redstuff pads, and castrol performance super dot4 fluid :) although the pads are better than OEM I'm not massively impressed so my next set with be a carbon ceramic set from Project Mu..

I did yes, Do-Luck lines, redstuff pads, and castrol performance super dot4 fluid :) although the pads are better than OEM I'm not massively impressed so my next set with be a carbon ceramic set from Project Mu..

But overall brakes were alot better than they were completely OEM yeah?

I think Project Mu pads might just be a tiny little bit better ;)

Oh overall feel and performance is much better, just not as good as I thought it would be but I'm putting that down to the pads as seems alot of people have been let down by the redstuffs (I bought them before I was a forum member so didn't see the poor reviews lol)..
And yes, I would expect the Mu's to be fapping spank worthy! :D haha

Oh overall feel and performance is much better, just not as good as I thought it would be but I'm putting that down to the pads as seems alot of people have been let down by the redstuffs (I bought them before I was a forum member so didn't see the poor reviews lol)..
And yes, I would expect the Mu's to be fapping spank worthy! :D haha

Yeah, I am sure it would be the Redstuffs man, not heard good things, but majority of what I read on the Ferodo's is that they are brilliant, so I am looking forward to having awesome brakes once the work is done now. Hope Project Mu's make night and day difference for you ;)

Back