• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

iv'e got yoko parada 2's on the front and potenza RE050A on the back.. im not too keen on the potenza run flats on the back tbh it seems to be quite 'twitchy' ... im very happy with the yoko's in the dry they are great... in the wet wwwoooooaaaa watch out!! 70mph 3rd gear and they wheel spin lol... anyone else find problems with the RE050A's??

iv'e got yoko parada 2's on the front and potenza RE050A on the back.. im not too keen on the potenza run flats on the back tbh it seems to be quite 'twitchy' ... im very happy with the yoko's in the dry they are great... in the wet wwwoooooaaaa watch out!! 70mph 3rd gear and they wheel spin lol... anyone else find problems with the RE050A's??

I ran the RE050As for around 18k and thought they were a great tyre.

Standard fitment isn't the runflat ones though, so maybe that is where your issue comes?

yea ive been told that run flats cause problems.. was impressed by the price of the yokos .. 236 for the 2 on the front.. think ill try the normal potenza's next see what they are like...

BF Goodrich G Force Profilers - 205/45/17 - Good tyre, equal to the RE040 in dry and better in the wet. Stiff sidewall, low/medium road noise and wear really well. A great tyrer all round to be honest. Hard to get hold of and approx £100 a tyre as of June 2011.

Khumo Ecsta KU31 or KU39, whatever the hell they are called - 205/45/17 - Kind of like driving with a big pizza dough around your wheels. Branded as a summer tyre, hopeless in the wet and hopeless in the dry/warm if you can actually drive a car quickly around a corner. Soft sidewalls with high flexing and just no confidence given at all. Don't bother with them, approx £70 a tyre as well, mad. Avoid.

Pirelli P Zero - 205/45/17 - Wow, Pirelli, must be good with a name like that! Erm, no. Hopeless. I had these on the rear of my car, they were horrible. Wear was bad and they had a tendancy to lose grip for the lulz....... As in the back end full on sliding kind of losing grip. When I gave them the benefit of the doubt on the front, the sidewalls were stupidly soft and flexed like Johnny Bravo..... Expensive as well, for a completely terrible tyre. Avoid.

Yokohama Spec 2 - 215/40/70 - Oh my god in the warm and dry. Grip really well and perform really good to be honest. They wear ALOT though, you'll replace these more than most tyres because they are such a soft compound. Sidewalls are stiff enough if you can drive. Bad point is that they are down right lethal in the wet, to the point you are scared to go around corners. I don't use my car in the wet at all now, but it's enough to put me off in case I do get caught in the rain, like ever, they are that dangerous. No thanks.

Bridgestone Potenza RE040 - 205/45/17 - The generic love/hate EP3 tyre. I personally use them as a sort of benchmark tyre for wear, performance and road noise. They are noisy, espeically when part worn, it sounded like my bearings were goosed! But they do grip really well and barely flex as they have a stiff sidewall. A good drivers tyre in the dry for sure, not overly awesome in the wet though to be honest, but they kept me confident enough and it was really easy to feel the limit with these which is always a good thing. Word of note, I know these come with "Made in Hungary" stamped on them, but some people have had the "Made in Japan" stamp, which mines were, and they done 30k and still had life left in them!! Insane. Wear on them was stupidly good, only reason I replaced was due to previous factory geo ruining the insides of them. I don't think the tyres made in Hungary last as long as the Jap babies though. A worthy tyre, sets the benchmark of which all decent tyres should try to be better than. A bit pricey these days but worth getting if you can get cheap enough.

Toyo T1R, Falken's = Never tried them on my own car or for long enough, but from what I felt and what I have read, these fall into the same category as the Khumo's.... people like them, hell, some people even like the Khumo's. But it's because they grip decent in a dry straight road, show them bends and you will see the issues, but not all people can drive quickly apart from straight lines so it maybe suits their style. It's all opinion.

/end essay.

Currently running the BF Goodrich and get on really well with them, very good all rounder. I used to have potenza's and was not a fan.

My current 452s are fine, but looking into my next set of tyres and I love the pattern on the Yokohama AD08. Has anyone used these before?

I had Falkens and thought they were terrible so I replaced them for Toyo T-1R's and think they are far better. Bit slippery in the wet though if you boot it

nankan ultra sport 2's

these were fitted by dealer befor purchase last month

they are twitchy noisy not very grippy and side walls are made of jelly

please do not be tempted by price they are poo :!:

only done 1k on them and they are going on pay day

going to treat my car to the rubber it truly deservs

prada's :D :D

well said that man.

Hankook V12's. Bought 2 cheap to use at Santa Pod, until I got used to the strip. Had them on the front for 3 weeks and they were dire. Every journey I stopped to check i hadn't got a puncture. I suffered more understeer than anything Ive ever had the pleasure of driving, in the rain Im pretty sure an Oiled booby would have given me more grip, and they constantly felt like the tyre's were moving independently to the rims.

Think I will stick to Pirelli P7's. Excellent all round tyres.

What are your thoughts on Uniroyal Rainsport 2?

I currently have Yokohama Parada Specs 2 on my car.

Dry grip = AMAZING 10/10
Wet grip = Even in a lower bhp car this wheel spins half throttle 6/10
compound = soft

Last edited by a moderator:
Uniroyal rainsport 2

What are your thoughts on Uniroyal Rainsport 2? I currently have Yokohama Parada Specs 2 on my car. Dry grip = AMAZING 10/10 Wet grip = Even in a lower bhp car this wheel spins half throttle 6/10 compound = soft
I had the rainsport 2s fitted all round on some after market alloys 225/40/r18. I can honestly say they are the best all round tyre I've owned. Inspired nothing but confidence in the wet.Only down side is the soft sidewalls. I've just bought a type r ep3 with prada spec 2 on. Fairly worn. And it's oversteer/ understeer city. Dry grip 8/10 Wet grip 9/10 Ride comfort 8/10 Seriously considering these next on my ctr.

Anyone had the yoko s-drives on their ctr? Had them on my last car and were the best tyre ive felt on a car if thats how to put it lol didnt need anything else these were awesome wet or dry and lasted a long while

Back