• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

So had the car on the ramps today to fit the exhaust, my front tyres have at best another 1k, so that would be just over 3k road mileage, that is rather disappointing. Inside edge as noted on other thread is worn more but not massively, rest of the tyre is even. I do drive it hard as I live very close to some of the countries finest roads but R888's on the Elise lasted 6k.

So had the car on the ramps today to fit the exhaust, my front tyres have at best another 1k, so that would be just over 3k road mileage, that is rather disappointing. Inside edge as noted on other thread is worn more but not massively, rest of the tyre is even. I do drive it hard as I live very close to some of the countries finest roads but R888's on the Elise lasted 6k.

What do you think of the exhaust ? ;)

Elise being so much lighter is probably a noteworthy factor.

My insurance renewal is due soon, £740ish with 11years no claims, in the midlands, how does that compare to everyone else?

Had mine through while we were away, 2018 CTR - Hasting direct - £726 - 11 years nc .... just done a quote online and same company £309 :eek:

Rural Suffolk with 9+ years NCD - Renewed with LV a couple of days ago at £191.87 including PNCD.

That was cheaper than any of the comparison sites or direct insurers (best of £210) and also cheaper than checking online with LV as a new customer. I does include a bit of discount for also having house insurance with them, but I don't think that's much more than a tenner.

Just paid mine last week £332 D/Line max NCD greater London could of got it a bit cheaper but chose to stay with them as I get other discounts

Rural Suffolk with 9+ years NCD - Renewed with LV a couple of days ago at £191.87 including PNCD.

That was cheaper than any of the comparison sites or direct insurers (best of £210) and also cheaper than checking online with LV as a new customer. I does include a bit of discount for also having house insurance with them, but I don't think that's much more than a tenner.

Just done a quote with them and just under £1.2k lol, how did you get under £200!

Admiral quoted me £100 for me and the wife, fully comp with NCP. Well chuffed!
Oh, and yes, I’m a “mature” driver!

joint policy here in North Essex. me and her both in our 40s, both with 10 years NCD she's got a Mini Cooper D, we just renewed with Aviva for £400 sheets. We do have home insurance with them as well. Admiral came in at £650 so we stuck with our current provider.

Funny thing was when I changed from my Audi 2.0TDI Quattro, 11 years old, worth about £2500 into the FK8, our joint policy actually went down and I got a refund for a £10. So my new £30k+ car is cheaper to insure than my old diesel dog. go figure.

Nice to see the two of them together, but disagreed with nearly everything the reviewer said :lol: Rear of FD2 is so much nicer I think, but rest of FK8 looks great next to it.

[video=youtube;DvZDllLE6sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZDllLE6sk[/video]

Back