• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Hello mate, sadly I could not match up with the Takata's, I looked through almost 30 colour swobs, each with around 150 colours in (took 2.5 hours) and could not find anything that I was happy with so opted against the splashes as couldn't get the match I wanted. I did, however, decide on the colour of the wheels themselves. Daihatsu violet metallic on the fronts, and General Motors (USA) raspberry pearl on the rears :) Pictures to follow once I've picked them up, roll on tomorrow! :lol:

Also, picking her back up from Romain tomorrow, with bits fitted :D And more so, they have asked me to be a demo car to feature on their website once I get the rest of my bits from Japan!! :D :D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mate, sadly I could not match up with the Takata's, I looked through almost 30 colour swobs, each with around 150 colours in (took 2.5 hours) and could not find anything that I was happy with so opted against the splashes as couldn't get the match I wanted. I did, however, decide on the colour of the wheels themselves. Daihatsu violet metallic on the fronts, and General Motors (USA) raspberry pearl on the rears :) Pictures to follow once I've picked them up, roll on tomorrow! :lol:

Also, picking her back up from Romain tomorrow, with bits fitted :D And more so, they have asked me to be a demo car to feature on their website once I get the rest of my bits from Japan!! :D :D :cool:

Was nice to meet you Karl. Glad to hear the Civic is coming along nicely. :)
Bet you dont want to give away the bad boy Galant :D

Jay

My mate had his GTO's engine built/tuned at ARTech - it's a beast.

Apparently it's waiting on a FMIC before it goes to 480-500bhp, IIRC.

Was nice to meet you Karl. Glad to hear the Civic is coming along nicely. :)
Bet you dont want to give away the bad boy Galant :D

Jay

Hello Jay, nice to meet you too! How's the accord coming along, has it all been sorted and picked up yet? Or still got some bits to do?

And re: Galant, you can't mess with that thing! :lol: Although joking aside, it is actually really comfy to drive :p Yet I'm sure I'll be happy enough to hand it back in exchange for my civic ;)

Hello Jay, nice to meet you too! How's the accord coming along, has it all been sorted and picked up yet? Or still got some bits to do?

And re: Galant, you can't mess with that thing! :lol: Although joking aside, it is actually really comfy to drive :p Yet I'm sure I'll be happy enough to hand it back in exchange for my civic ;)

Not yet mate, i dont think they have touched it yet as they are quick busy and mine was a last minute thing. I think they will be on it next week.

I bet, you will have to find a b-road to get you home!

Ah ok, thought it was properly booked in, fingers crossed for getting it seen too next week :) Although, thinking about it, they were probably working on mine instead of yours :p haha

And I have tried driving the b-roads back from there to mine but they are so damn potholed I won't make the same mistake again. I will have to stick to the motorway and then drive the b-roads closer to home :twisted:

Right, I know that I briefly mentioned some figures on James' thread but I looked at a glance and posted the wrong figure increase :? lol I haven't got access to a scanner but I thought I'd post the figures to read. I know it's not huge, but I'm happy, and come re-map time things will undoubtedly improve :p

Rolling road was the one at Artech/ Eurospec, so thanks to Romain :)

Standard readings:
Flywheel - 184.9hp @ 8.1k, 131 lb ft @ 6.8k
Wheel - 153.3hp @ 8.1k, 108 lb ft @ 6.8k

Readings with J's intake:
Flywheel - 190.6hp @ 7.9k, 134 lb ft @ 6.4k
Wheel - 158.3hp @ 7.9k , 112 lb ft @ 6.4k

So, increases over standard work out at:
Flywheel - 5.7hp increase, with 3 lb ft
Wheel - 5hp increase, with 4 lb ft

:)

Romain did state that my car has an appalling air to fuel ratio, running super rich. Ratio plummeting from 12 at 5.8k to 10 as soon as 6.2k and then flatlining because the dyno cannot read any lower than 10, so throughout vtec it's likely to be terrible :? So a remap is definately required, just need the rest of my bits to arrive *nudge nudge wink wink James ;) lol*

STILL running super rich then! Crikey, well lots of leaning out to do when mapping, loads of power to make :)

Yup, still silly rich. No wonder I get through fuel so sodding quickly, and the final drive isn't helping :p haha! But yes, seems to be alot of work required, but once it's mapped I'm more than confident that Romain can iron out the kinks :)

Well I haven't had chance to really test it, but from the bit I have driven it is a very different sensation to what it was before. The final drive really does work, and the higher up the rev range you go it becomes even more apparent that the revs are climbing faster, vtec is excellent! In terms of the diff, you can feel it pulling the car along in a straight line, really is more grippy, even on the straights. So really, all I can say is, once I've covered the 500 or so miles to bed the clutch in, I'm really looking forward to getting onto the twisties to see what it can really do! :D

That was one of the best bits about owning a set up and tuned EP3 and I didnt even have a diff :lol: .

For sure. Karl's in for a right surprise when the diff pulls him round and he falls out of his seat :lol:

Yup, Bride time soon ;) But I need to wait until the other half makes a decision on whether she wants to go back to uni, as if she does, then she won't be able to buy a house with me for 5 years so the deposit I've got saved up can be blown and then resaved in that time :lol:

In regards to the roundabout thing, I'll have to find an empty one and do a few "laps" :p

Corner exits are the best. Normal CTR would just understeer when you power out of a corner. It'll stay glued to the road now :)

I think you and Sun should do a GB and buy them at the same time, might get a discount. Plus I want his Recaros :lol:

Back