• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Sun -

Cams are on the "to do" list, yes. :) Yet I'll only buy those when I get ITB's I'd expect, to make the most of the set up :p

Other than that, coilovers, carbon bonnet, and Mugen wing.

All quite in the future though, or at least, that's what I expect. May suprise myself though :lol:

Martin -

Depends what you mean by "quiet" ;) As you didn't even experience its full potential haha But basically I'll be removing one of the subs, so in a way, yes. But still going to be blistering :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was more to give than what I experienced?!?!?! Bloody hell....well if one sub will still produce that much bass then awesome lol.
Actually, the amount you paid for it all do you really want to be changing it and getting rid of parts?

Making moves.

Like it.

:smt023

There was more to give than what I experienced?!?!?! Bloody hell....well if one sub will still produce that much bass then awesome lol.
Actually, the amount you paid for it all do you really want to be changing it and getting rid of parts?

Yeah, that was just a quick demo. I can actually increase the bass in three different ways (you experienced one of the three), and with all increased I can't get the system above volume 34 out of 60 without feeling sick as the subs draw the air out of your lungs and you can't breathe properly :lol:

There is the "but I've spent X, what a waste", yet with the desire for more speed, and the minor issue with my rear suspension probably being caused by the weight of it all, it's likely to be an idea to adjust it all. Yes I'll make a loss on resale of the bits I take out, but that money can be put towards something else. Such as a remap :twisted:

You're a nutter, that is all :lol:

I see where you are coming from though fella, so seems like a good plan to me. And tbh it made me feel really odd when I got out the car after listening to it that loud, god knows what would have happened if it was louder. Just need some brown noise mp3s next time :lol:

With the bass up higher it doesn't sound louder, it's a bit weird, the bass is so more prominant that the depth takes away the volume; or so it seems. It may just be that the pressure in the cabin is so high your brain can't register what's going on :lol:

I've got some bass frequency test cd's as it goes. Although I'm not sure how happy I'd be with people emptying their rectums over my seats! :? haha

Get them to sit in a bin bag like I have got people to do after playing paint ball :lol:

That's a point, will you have the seats fitted by the time the Wembley meet comes?

Good idea, I'll bring some bin bags with me haha

Re: the seats, I'm 90% certain that they will be fitted yes :D You have permission to b*tchslap me if they're not :lol:

What was the outcome with regards to the damage>?

I wont bitch slap you, I will just have you J's intake :lol:

Hmmm *ponders* no, I've thought about it and it's safe to say I'd rather get a punch in the face than hand over my intake. It'd be less painful :lol:

Seat wise, seeing as the damage was beyond minimal (barely noticeable unless your about a foot away) I decided to push for compensation as opposed to running the risk of sending them back and either there not being any left as they were limited, or the second set getting dropped in transit too. So just pushed TNT, it took ages and caused alot of headaches (supposed "lost" paperwork amongst many other excuses) but I got there and they compensated me the cost of shipping plus a bit extra, and reduced my customs charges too. Fight the power y0! :lol:

:lol: Well you're safe as I completely forgot that I have go karting on the day of the Wembley meet so atleast you have until the next one lol.

That's better than 100% of nothing, and tbh I'm quite surprised you got any compensation. So well done fella and if you are happy to live with that minimal damage then even better. They are sexy seats though, I bet you can't wait to fit them.
Just make sure you don't get fat as you don't want to ruin them lol.

Right, after having a multitude of bits sat in my room/ garage/ shed for many months and seeing as the weather has been kind I have finally got around to fitting some of them :lol: The initial idea was to keep as much of the panels in as possible, but alot of them would have needed to be cut so I opted for complete removal, including my sound system! :shock:

So without further adue, here we go. First off, removal of the seats.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

I was intending on leaving the system in, but I needed to remove the rear interior panels to fit the harness bar, so out with it!

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

Then some pictures of the car bare (no tools etc).

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

And everything that was removed on show :shock:

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

Obligatory sub size comparison picture :p

DSC00835.jpg

And now for the bits that were fitted - Mugen pedals

DSC00856.jpg

- everything else.

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

And of course, stickers of WIN ;)

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

A better view of my second set of wheels. Decided to take the track tyres off and fit new daily's on them :)

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

And finally, some artsy fartsy pictures. Interior.

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

Exterior.

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

Thanks for looking :p

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good mate.

You still waiting for a lot of items.

How does it sound now it's emptied out?

Gutted you took out the sounds dude. I love those seats though. Wheels aren't as bad as I was expecting lol.

looking good mate.

You still waiting for a lot of items.

How does it sound now it's emptied out?

Cheers dude. Items wise I am still waiting on quite a few bits, predominantly my header, exhaust etc, but it'll arrive when it arrives haha. Sound wise, it's weird. As before it was just a deep drone of the J's induction kit; but now the kit sounds more subtle and the exhaust takes a priority. I'm not a fan at the moment, as preferred the induction drone, but I'll either get used to it or have a whole new ear melting sound once my exhaust arrives.

Awesome. Stickers are lol worthy.

Thanks Chris; and yes, I am expecting a million and one questions along the lines of WTF in regards to the stickers. I've already confused the hell out of all family members and friends with them :lol:

Gutted you took out the sounds dude. I love those seats though. Wheels aren't as bad as I was expecting lol.

Ye of little faith :p haha. I quite like them :) Seat wise, OMG they are fabulous! *drools* Sounds wise, yeah I'm kind of gutted that it all has to come out, but it was a good thing that I did as I discovered that my capacitor, at some point, had popped and was leaking everywhere :? So in retrospect I was lucky it didn't catch fire :shock:

I trust the sound system will eventually go back in?

The system as you see won't, no. I'm in talks with the guys that built it to buy it back off of me on a part exchange plus cash my way basis for something smaller. Instead of two 10" W7's I'm looking at a single 8" W7 in the spare wheel well with a flat section covering the boot section and where the rear seats used to be. Much sleeker, and much, MUCH lighter :lol: It's early days yet, but am hoping it will all be concluded and a new system fitted by the end of April :)

Back