• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Stu, that pic you have posted highlights a big problem with the arse end.

There is so much body/metal around the rear that the wheel seems dwarfed in the overall view of the car.

Great colour, fantastic to drive by all accounts, it just has a couple of visual elements that people seem to be struggling with.

I think that one plus for the FK2 styling is that it is very obviously a Type R.
By that I mean that the EP3 looked very similar to the EP2 and the same went for the FN2. The Type T styling never really went beyond wheels, spoiler and maybe skirting.

Also modified trends come and go and maybe big bodykits will come back into style again.

I still think the FD2 is the best looking but I do really like this. The only good thing about it being ugly to a lot of people is it will devalue like a 3 legged race horse so in a years time hopefully their will be some good deals. Not so good for the people who buy now, but most people buy on pcp so are protected from negative equity. It does look slightly out of proportion in pictures but in the flesh it looks awesome IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu, that pic you have posted highlights a big problem with the arse end.

There is so much body/metal around the rear that the wheel seems dwarfed in the overall view of the car.

Great colour, fantastic to drive by all accounts, it just has a couple of visual elements that people seem to be struggling with.

I know it's been mentioned a few times, but the pics really don't do it justice. You need to see one in the flesh to appreciate it.

I think it's just the wheels. Those particulars ones look like the buddyclub racing wheels and they're just not nice at all with the lip. A nice bronze is what those wheels needs.

Ok, my turn as I had the test drive this morning.

So it was a black one my dealer had and I don't think I'd get it in black, I'm not 18 and want it to look like that with the angles. I do agree with the rear wheels though but if it gives the car the optimal set up then so be it.

Test at drive was decent and differing roads. The +R button wasn't as bad as a lot say IMO. Really did enjoy it and the split dash wasn't an issue for me as I could get everything placed where I wanted it without issues. It was a world apart getting out of the EP3 I drove there but saying that it was very easy to drive and I enjoyed even the town driving - the size of it will need some getting used to though. Is does the basics better than I thought considering how it's meant to be set up etc.

i did get a chance to push on and it was an absolute joy, quick turn in, responsive and felt very settled even in +R as I expected it to be a little unsettled and skittish. The one comment I have on the car when pushing on is that
i felt it rolled more than it would, it's not an issue just at that edgy feeling I wasn't expecting - other than that it was sure footed and took it all in its stride even drain covers when hammering round a corner. I only have one major boot off a standing start at a roundabout and it held
It together but had enough about the feeling to know you'd booted it like a tit.

overall, yes I'll have one. Polished Metallic I think as it's just slightlyore understated on some angles. GT Pack is obvious and I'd probably get the interior carbon pack and that's it. Exterior carbon is just a bit too much and not w fan of the red pack as the wing mirrors looked like they were off a special mini or something.

Ill wait until March and bonus/pay review time as I won't be getting PCP and will want to chuck 10k down.

Nice, well in Loxy!

Just found this on Civinfo - I think I like the black best, it seems to mask aspects of the styling that I don't quite like which are more noticeable on other colours. :)

158985d1438414416-best-colour-20150731_114840.jpg
From pictures I preferred the red/white, however after seeing a black and white one today in the flesh I couldn't agree with this more Sun. I would definitely go for black if I got one and to echo what most people have said, they look so much better in person. The only thing I don't like are the wheels; definitely needs a set of bronze Rays on them. It will be interesting to see what aftermarket exhausts come on to the market as the exhaust bumper gaps for the tail pipes are huge.

Pictures taken from Facebook.

Tegiwa on track today at Japfest

FB_IMG_1439764864626.jpg

NSF tyre

FB_IMG_1439764854675.jpg

For a specially developed tyre specifically for the car and Nurburgring, that's pretty damn poor IMHO.

Oh, and they cooked their brake pads. :lol:

Pictures taken from Facebook.

Tegiwa on track today at Japfest

FB_IMG_1439764864626.jpg

NSF tyre

FB_IMG_1439764854675.jpg

For a specially developed tyre specifically for the car and Nurburgring, that's pretty damn poor IMHO.

Oh, and they cooked their brake pads.
Wonder how many laps that took.

Wonder how many laps that took.

Probably 3 or 4 in today's heat. The track temp would have been super high.

bit of a waste tbh putting a super soft road tyre on a hot track not sure what else they expected tbh.
the pads must be pretty **** then to kill those, brakes that big should be able to handle the abuse better.

I'm sure the track sessions were 15 mins and you could probably do approx 7 -8 laps in that time. They did two sessions, so expect around 15 or so laps.

It is pretty poor performance from the tyres and brakes but something that can be easily rectified.

Meh. Could be down to the driver. The Mondello park track is harder on tyres and brakes than the nurburgring is. If you're spanking it all day on track, this can be expected. If you're going balls out on track, put track focused tyres on, high temp brake fluid, braided lines and track pads.

Race car for the road. Not road car for the race track. I'm sure they had serious craic doing it, though.

I saw one of these on the road yesterday coming home from London.

Not for me I'm afraid. It looks bloody awful. Trying too hard. Each to their own though and all that.

I'm sure it's bloody quick, but I'd have so many other things for the money.

Back