Home
Page 507 of 508 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508 LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5075

Thread: FK2 general discussion

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    going through rethinking my daily+track car plan.

with this weeks issues that have come to light tonight - reworking PCV tubing, track pads, tyre wear, im not sure what to do.
    PCV tubing; yep, my fault as i should've hose clamped 'em. while cheap and straight forward, it was unexpected work.
    track pads; excessive wear on the road so would be track-only. could use low dust pads for the road. Rears are very low now but atleast they're due to fair wear. 18months on the rear isn't too bad imo.
    tyres; cup2's wore brilliantly on the outer edge. ps4s's; not so much when i had 'em up front. problem is the inner edge on the cup2's look like it could be the decider on lifespan. might be toe out but i'm hesitant to getting it done as the car always comes out with s/wheel no longer straight. might just give it a small tweak myself.
    also been looking at a dedicated set of track wheels. set of TD wheels on ebay at a tempting price, but a pair of tatty FK2 wheels and just swap the front end between road & track rubber.

my problem is i dont know whats bugging me. working on the car unexpectedly, or knowing it must be at least somewhat reliable for work. i guess both would be solved by getting another car but thats not why i bought the car.
    You won't be the first or last, ultimately using a road car as a track car is a compromise that will ultimately cost more than a dedicated track car and will devalue your road car. VOE.

I went from road car, to road/track car, 150+ trackdays over a few years, upgrading a lot, including me through various coaches, sprinting then racing, road driving in pretty much same car over 14 years, was 3 variants of the same model. If I had my time again I would buy a race car and track that. My fun road car FK8 sorry, may get tracked but I recognise the failings of it compared to a Caterham, Lotus like car. Weight is a killer I'm afraid.

didnt think i'd hit the wall so quick with it tbh. i did read other experiences with running dual duty cars before deciding to buy the FK2.

TD1.3 8.5x18's bought at the weekend to run track rubber. I'll be swapping front pads between road and track.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

I'd be tempted to strip some weight from the car as it will improve braking, handling and speed.

Anybody have problems with the auto/see you home lights in the past,
    Got in the car this morning and nothing, interior lights come on but no headlights, I locked the car and tried again and they worked,
    Just been out to the car and gone back to not working, lights work fine in manual mode just not on auto

Back to normal auto tonight,
    I fiddled with my footwell light connector on Friday so I'm hoping it was just error on my part by not putting the stalk back correctly crossing everything I've not accidentally loosened something in the fuse box

6am the first time, I remember flicking through the stalk and just got darkness every time it hit auto, I got out locked up and waited, touched the handle and it lit up like nothing had happened.
    But because it was niggling me I'd then forgotten what the dash lights looked like in daylight so got myself in a tiz on my first post,
    I was praying it would be ok come home time because It's been playing on my mind all day.
    If I'm honest I finally felt like calling it quits with the car but driving home it was faultless and rapid, I'm back in that love/hate relationship

dont start with that love/hate stuff. i'm in a love stage. dont want no talk that could change it :P
    ofc, MOT on wednesday so that could throw something unexpected.

mine has been fine with auto lights although it's time that of year where the collision sensor is getting sun blinded and randomly triggering.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

Need to get mine booked in for its 6 month oil change but got too much going on around the house,
    I am loving the cold temps with the GruppeM intake, the car feels rapid the Marty exhaust is popping and burbling, the car is now paid off but I'm still feeling

I've done the usual eBay searches GTR, Evo, Scooby, Golfs, BMW, Mercs, Lotus, Range Rover, L200 pick up,
    All within budget but I prefer having the cash in my pocket from now on, if I was to sell up I would probably go down the L200 route

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Anybody have problems with the auto/see you home lights in the past,
    Got in the car this morning and nothing, interior lights come on but no headlights, I locked the car and tried again and they worked,
    Just been out to the car and gone back to not working, lights work fine in manual mode just not on auto
    Just to update for future reference,
    Auto function can be disabled when the engine is off but automatically switches itself back on the next time the car is started,
    Which explains my dilemma Monday, footwell lights on Friday car didn't get used till Monday