• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Hi, instructions are in the first post of the thread bud. Any questions drop me a PM.

Always remember that if you buy your kit here a good contribution from your sale price is made to the club to help keep the forum running and free for all so don't be tight and buy genuine RickHondaR footwell lighting ;)

Any problems John will be more than happy to help with any part of the sale and any after says problems / technical issue just drop me a call on my mobile number provided with the instructions;)

~~~#### SPECIAL OFFER! ####~~~

Rick has come forward with a Special Offer for November only!

Purchase any of his 9 LED standard kits for £14 or two for £27

That is a £3.50 saving on a single kit or a £8 saving if you buy two.

Grab them now while you can at this price!

last few days ;)

Do you do a kit that fits the FD2?

Thanks.
Hiya, it has been asked previously. It will fit bit Rick does not know the wiring in the FD2, so you won't have any FD2 specific fitting instructions unfortunately.
Rick says the kit will fit, but he does not have wiring/fitting instructions for an FD2.

Cheers Loxy, I did search but I couldn't find the exact answer. I'll have a look see what the wiring looks like. Had some on the DC5 so surely it can't be all that different... Surely!

Cheers Loxy, I did search but I couldn't find the exact answer. I'll have a look see what the wiring looks like. Had some on the DC5 so surely it can't be all that different... Surely!

The thing is I would expect a FD2 to be close on a FN2 or 9G Civic but with Honda you never know but for sure I would be shocked if similar to a DC5 or EP3 as no other Honda's designed after that era have been. At the end of the day all you need is a 12V supply so if you have basic electrical knowledge will not be hard to find but as I have never fitted a FD2 I can not magic up instructions to say yes I know how to do this so unfortunately you either gamble and think yes I can sort or leave it. This may be not the answer you want but it is the most truthful answer I can give you ;)

My Mrs bought me a red kit for my ep3 for Christmas, just got round to fitting it today. Top product and great instructions made it easy to fit Can't wait to see them on when it gets dark Thanks RickHondaR, I recommend to anyone

Got my LED kit fitted. Works a treat but does not come on with the lights. It comes on with the ignition live as they come to life on engine start. I am sure that I have the correct PIN.

You've got it on the wrong pin, you've found one that comes on with ignition. Rick's instructions are correct so get down in the footwell and have a look.

You've got it on the wrong pin, you've found one that comes on with ignition. Rick's instructions are correct so get down in the footwell and have a look.

The diagram of the 6 PIN box you need to plug into isn't great. It is not clear which of the 6 PINs I needed to connect to. Looks like the bottom right PIN on the diagram which is where I have connected to (6) . In this location I get no light at all. If I go to the PIN above (5) I get light on ignition.

IMG_1597_jpg_zpsgomftq7j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
9th-gen-option-connector.png

Pin 6 where you have nothing is the correct one, check your fuses. If you had the sidelights on when you were fitting the kit and shorted it to earth you will have blown your fuse.

It should only come on when your lights are on and will also work with the lights set to auto when then turn on themselves but not when just DRL.

9th-gen-option-connector.png

Pin 6 where you have nothing is the correct one, check your fuses. If you had the sidelights on when you were fitting the kit and shorted it to earth you will have blown your fuse.

It should only come on when your lights are on and will also work with the lights set to auto when then turn on themselves but not when just DRL.

Nice one i'll go check the fuses then.

Ok so it does work on side lights :)

I was thinking that it would come on when I unlock the car with the interior light so that it was on when you open the door. That was kinda what I wanted.

No biggie, they are working as intended by the looks of things.

Back