• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

The problem with turbo cars isn't waiting for 3000rpm before the turbo comes in. It's overrunning down from 7000 to 5000 then reapplying the throttle and there being a pause before it kicks in again!

The problem with turbo cars isn't waiting for 3000rpm before the turbo comes in. It's overrunning down from 7000 to 5000 then reapplying the throttle and there being a pause before it kicks in again!

Thats just bad mapping and having a silly over sized dump valve

Lets see if the new Type R has any of these short comings or even with all its
Lag and waiting for the turbo to kick in on over run if in fact it is the fastest
Front wheel drive car round the ring

Sounds like it doesn't have any chance at all but finger crossed it does ok

Last edited by a moderator:
10933912_830055803699607_1014822736777795098_n1_zpscd5f96b0.jpg

Looks like they are testing in Sweden right now! Latest test mule?

I dropped off my Accord at Honda on Saturday for a recall. They were chatting to me about the new Civic and asked if I'd want to chop in the Accord and the S2000 for it. I asked about the price and they said it's going to be around £30k. I explained that if I were to spend that amount of money on a new car then I wouldn't buy a FWD Honda. I'd much rather a Golf R or BMW M135i/M235i. They then explained that it's the fastest FWD car around the 'ring which I replied to by asking how that will help me getting to work and back.

Horses for courses I accept, but £30,000 on a FWD car? They're having a laugh. :lol:

The new CTR may have lower running costs so maybe justify itself that way. You think the Megane thing is about that price as well. I know what you mean though as £30+ for a FWD is a little pricy.

I still hold out hope for the spoiler. There's nowhere near enough lights at the back in those spy shots. The devil horn effort with the lights would solve that. I assume this is an aero wing with the same dimensions to ensure performance is as it should be. Otherwise as said many time previously - marketing suicide.

Not sure if it's been said but i was talking to my local dealer the other weekend and he mentioned that they're still not decided on if there will be both a 3 or 5 door and also said they were told it'll actuall be 340 bhp.

Could be complete b0ll0cks though.

Not sure if it's been said but i was talking to my local dealer the other weekend and he mentioned that they're still not decided on if there will be both a 3 or 5 door and also said they were told it'll actuall be 340 bhp.

Could be complete b0ll0cks though.

I would say we know more than the dealers, that's been my experience in the past anyway.

I would say we know more than the dealers, that's been my experience in the past anyway.

I'm not doubting that with you mate. Just thought i'd pass on what i was told by my local steeler (was the manager of the place too).

Back