• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

This doesn't make sense to me. The devil horns and combined rear light cluster have been the basis of the entire marketing campaign. After such a long wait I don't think Honda would allow the production car to be leaked days before its official release.This has to be part of their master plan to build up the real thing.

To be fair its growing on me I love the back end the edgy design looks like a real touring car
Yes it doesn't look like the show car but show cars are made to generate interest look at the
S2000 show compared to the road car there miles apart

The last thing I want is a soap bar look car lets face it the Golf R is a great car and not far of in price
But can't see me buying one all my work colleagues buy big Audi's and BMWs and Merc's they all think
Mad because I always drive as they said big spoiler and exhaust jap cars :)

When they say "they think your mad for driving them" what they mean is, their jeloues, because their not allowed to have fun when their driving with their 2.4 dull family lifes. Thats my experience of people that say it anyway.

To be fair its growing on me I love the back end the edgy design looks like a real touring car
Yes it doesn't look like the show car but show cars are made to generate interest look at the
S2000 show compared to the road car there miles apart

The last thing I want is a soap bar look car lets face it the Golf R is a great car and not far of in price
But can't see me buying one all my work colleagues buy big Audi's and BMWs and Merc's they all think
Mad because I always drive as they said big spoiler and exhaust jap cars :)

Give your glasses a wipe and look again :) This is so far from anything that's on the concept, I keep doing side by side shots & I reckon the only thing the same is the red H, it's a facelift with bolt on parts.
This does not look like their most extreme type R to date, it even sits the same height as their "sport" version

Give your glasses a wipe and look again :) This is so far from anything that's on the concept, I keep doing side by side shots & I reckon the only thing the same is the red H, it's a facelift with bolt on parts.
This does not look like their most extreme type R to date, it even sits the same height as their "sport" version
Had your email yet ? Or cancelling your order ;)

I've not heard anything from Honda since the dealer took my money, I'm reserving judgement till I see it as a whole, I know the car will handle and drive well so that part isn't worrying me but I don't want to look a tit driving it

People need to wipe their brains and forget about the concept. Yes it looked great but that was just horrible marketing. Unfortunately we won't get it. But besides the great looking concept, a Type R always was a standard car (Civic, Integra, NSX, Accord) with bolt on parts and despite their marketing hype that put our hopes up that we will get something special, that won't change... I think, compared to the basic facelift Civic it looks good, the 9th G Civic never was a beauty anyway...

Tbh I was thinking about getting one in the future, around 5 years.

If they are going down the bolt on route again then I'm not interested. I'd rather get another Evo. Maybe a 9 360 but who knows. I could end up modding my FD.

To be honest if it drives as well as they say people will get over its fugly looks. Let's be honest most jap cars are fairly gaudy but the 'look' grows on you. I prefer the mugen RR looks wise to this though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I will add, worryingly the more i look at it the more I like it, especially the red one! Am I drunk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as me Lewis. Once you put the concept to one side, I do think it looks decent. However decent isn't enough for me.

Will wait for the M200 version of this one I think.

It's on the stand. The leaked pictures are of the car we are getting.

tapatalk_1425216387866.jpeg

I wonder how they have calculated the 30k price tag? They probably need to recoup money spent on the sales and marketing campaign. This looks like the current civic sport with a few bolt ons and a tuned 2 litre turbo. I don't want to be too negative as it may be a fantastic car but I can't help feel like this is massive anticlimax.

It's had a lot of work and testing done on the steering, damping, brakes and how it gets round corners over the common and garden Civic. It's no doubt going to be fantastic to drive.

You'll find out tomorrow, along with the price tag. £30k is the rumoured price and there are two spec levels.

It looks like exactly like the civic now but with bits added.

I think I'll stick to my FD2

Thats what I've been saying all along since the concept came out. Just looks too much like the old car. At least the EK9 and EP3 looked totally different but the last bunch of CTR's have all looked the same. Lazy designers.

Back