• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I reckon the stripe should look ok, a chap on civinfo went similar on his cw fn2 but with the mugen coloured stripe, slightly off centred & it looked cracking. The thing with this car is its already a complete package so it's going to take some to make it different to the others

01f3ef2d4f5879f90a0291e61be9664a.jpg

Seems they're all in here (posted by Matt Neal )

I shared that on the FB page this morning.

Seems they've been bashing a load of them around Silverstone. Shame they've not been supplying them to customers instead really.

This whole saga is putting me off Honda for life. I can't believe how badly they are treating customers. They are obviously not bothered that people are cancelling as the cars are so sought after. In reality, the only reason they are sought after is because it is impossible to buy one. If they produced them in Ford Focus numbers then it would be a different story altogether. They really need to pull their head out of their arse. It's a good car but it's no Ferrari. It's a nightmare to even get a test drive. It's as if they think it's the be all and end all. I got refused a test drive the other week. Even though I am 30 years old and was in the dealer with my wife, two kids and my 2010 Champ White they still looked at me as if I was a kid trying to blag a test drive in Porsche. A bit of customer service goes a long way.

New Civic Type R

Whereas I strolled into BMW wanting to drive an M235i and they let me out in an M4 for an hour instead. I turned up at the dealership in a 2005 Focus.

Just to keep it in to perspective. People who have been lucky enough to secure a 991 GT3RS - their orders are delayed due to seats (or lack of)

Admittedly Honda have dropped a bollock with this , but the end result they've produced is excellent IMO and would be worth the wait , a lot of bargaining could be had with this delay , servicings etc.

I remember the dealer telling me I could have one by October if I ordered when I viewed , and a mate of mine was told December when she looked recently.

Stu, dealers are giving no discounts and as has been seen, those delivery dates are unlikely to be fulfilled.

I mean bargaining with regards to extras, free servicing plans etc, you never know , once this becomes common knowledge.

I've not heard of anyone having issues with the car itself from those that have owned it for a couple of months.

In true Vauxhall style my company vehicle is heading to the garage for the 3rd time on a warranty claim (64 reg) who in their right mind would own a Vauxhall

Dealers make next to nothing on them Stu, so they can't offer discounts. Anything will have to come from Honda UK.

My dealer principle told me he wished they didn't have to sell them. They don't even count towards their sales figures and they've been bent over on the fixed price repairs. Front discs and pads at £270 leaves nothing for the dealer.

No denying it's a very good car, but Honda have done a lot of harm to their reputation as far as I'm concerned. A Japanese car company that's forgotten who the customer is, I never thought I'd see the day.

Oh, and those dates, no. Last I was told was that the orders will be fulfilled before the new '16 reg. Hardly confidence inspiring.

Japanese dealerships getting theirs before people in the UK with long standing orders:

http://world.honda.com/news/2015/4151028eng-civic.html

In typical Honda style of treating the customer like they should feel privileged to be getting the car, prospective Japanese owners need to register on the website and the new owners will be picked in a lottery. No joke.

Oh and it is £23,150 at today's exchange rate.

The grey does look very nice, although good to see Honda manufactured a rear wheel arch extension that fits the contours of the car :confused:

That rear arch shows up really badly in pictures like you say, but IRL I haven't noticed it.

Back