• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

Winter is coming, AD08's would not do well. The others are high in price but not massively better in grip, I can pay less and get the same results.

I would say that something like a Continental SportContact 5 would grip better than a Hankook no matter the condition?

Don't worry about sidewalls etc, it ain't no Honda :lol:

I'd give Toyo's a go T1R's. they were great on the GTR.

Doodle - AWD wot?

Referring to Chris's complaints about losing the back end. :lol:

Hankook are now supplying DTM up until 2016...I'd say that qualifies them as a decent brand - in my experience their S1 Evos have been just as good as the Continentals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Referring to Chris's complaints about losing the back end. :lol:

Hankook are now supplying DTM up until 2016...I'd say that qualifies them as a decent brand - in my experience their S1 Evos have been just as good as the Continentals.

This is what I've heard.
Some lads on the S15 forum are loving them.

Beggars can't be choosers, the SL runs a weird size at the back. It's either the Hankooks or £260 a corner for Michelins.

So after a few months of ownership I'm still liking the S15.

There is a but though! RWD isn't all that's cracked up to be, it's great in the summer or when it's dry but as soon as it rains or the roads are greasy then you may as well have a Micra.
Any amount of power from pull off and the wheels spin, or you go sideways.

It could be the tyres which I haven't changed yet but I've seen an improvement in the grip as they scrub in.
The car itself is harsh, very harsh. The DC5 felt like a luxury car compared to it. Then there's the problem of how low it is, there's arch gap and quite a lot of it but the front lip hits curbs.
Sam found this out today when she used my car to take the lad to A&E, I now have a cracked lip and paint peel.
I was pi$$ed at first but I'll get it sprayed and repaired so no big deal.

At the minute the good out weigh the bad, it has oodles of power and it sounds amazing. It is however the most impractical car I've ever owned.
It makes me laugh.

Totally agree with you on RWD. It's great when you're in the mood for a drive but a bit of a pain when you just want to get somewhere and it's wet.

I have an elegant solution to your problems.

sell both cars, buy my disco and Zoomer. Good price, £13k for both. Doooo it..

I've only had one RWD car and that was the S2000. Wasn't a fan of it in the wet.

I can't remember if I read it on here or my mate told me, but when they would change lanes on the motorway in the rain the wheels would slip on the painted lines.

Back