• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

I'm sure a mod can (if the CBA) move inappropriate text to that thread :lol:

So did you get a squeaky bum when the tail was out?

Every time I look at my e-mails;

"Walkden commented on thread 'My S15'..."

think you are going to need to check your exhaust for manfat every morning at JAE Mark :lol:

5 mph pmsl. I bet you thought you saved it like a real hero too.

Small steps and all that. You'll be drifting mountain roads with a real hot half Chinese girl for company soon.

So did you get a squeaky bum when the tail was out?

A bit yeah but it was like slow mo, quite enjoyed it :D

Every time I look at my e-mails;

"Walkden commented on thread 'My S15'..."

think you are going to need to check your exhaust for manfat every morning at JAE Mark :lol:

Why am I in your emails...

Watching him Fap?

He can use man fat on the body work if he wants, excellent rain repellent.

5 mph pmsl. I bet you thought you saved it like a real hero too.

Small steps and all that. You'll be drifting mountain roads with a real hot half Chinese girl for company soon.

It was slippery all the way home, i think there was fresh diesel on one roundabout. My front end twitched then the back, that one made me clench.
I will master this but i don't want to wreck the car in the process

Sorry but losing the back end of a car at 5mph doesn't appeal to me at all? What if it happens at 50, or 70? Screw that.

You put your foot down :lol:

Im guessing there was some sort of greasy residue on the road there from oil and i want to change the tyres as they're Federal's. It handles fine any other time.

My tyres are ridiculous.
Federal 595 Evo's and they need to go!

just found this review and I agree

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 16 average miles
These things are the worst performance tyre I have ever used and out right dangerous even on a marginally damp roads.
With over 25 years of driving experience in performance cars these are the worst tyres ever bar none.
The compound is way too hard to the point that after 20,000 km’s they still look brand new.(I am not Joking)
In the Dry braking performance is really bad and in the wet, absolutely dismal.
These were on a Mazda RX8 GT, 225/40ZR19. Even with a 5% throat angle on a slight curve with very light water on the road the rear would break loose. You would swear that you were driving on worn out slick tyres every time it rained. The Mrs finally spat the dummy and refused to drive the car until we put better tyres on it.
If you want a tyre to go drifting this is the tyre for you as it just won’t ware out. If you like living don’t put these on a road car.

Ahh right. I think there's a few variants of the 595. The 595 RS-R (similar to Toyo R888's) being the only good ones to get.
If they're that bad I'd get them changed before the weather turns too much :)

ps Don't get Toyo T1-R's! I'm pretty sure they're 99% of the reason I hated my S2000.

I'm thinking Advan sports but I'll see what the tyre guy recommends.

Although he keeps trying to get me to buy Accelera?

I had some acceleras on my EP3 when I was skint a few years back. They really weren't that bad. Probably better or at least equal to the OEM bridgestones in the wet!

Saying that, when I did eventully replace them with eagle F1s I was gobsmacked at the difference in the dry.

If he's recommending Accelera, you might want to consider finding a new tyre guy.

When you hit freshly spilled diesel, it doesn't matter what 4wd active diff yaw control chassis stability trickery you have - zero adhesion is still zero adhesion.

Back