• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Aero parts? :)

TBH I'm getting fed up of modding, and I've barely done much - it just costs so much, and to do it properly and genuinely it takes forever. :? :? :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Aero parts? :)

TBH I'm getting fed up of modding, and I've barely done much - it just costs so much, and to do it properly and genuinely it takes forever. :? :? :( :(

Yeh it's definately an expensive hobby I'll give you that. But I'm weird, I never get bored (with modding). Or maybe it's OCD. I set myself a goal and get angry if I can't achieve it. I've set myself a goal, therefore, I must achieve it ;) lmao...

And nope, not aero either.. All I'll give away at the moment is that acceleration is the name of the game ;) :p

Yeh it's definately an expensive hobby I'll give you that. But I'm weird, I never get bored (with modding). Or maybe it's OCD. I set myself a goal and get angry if I can't achieve it. I've set myself a goal, therefore, I must achieve it ;) lmao...

And nope, not aero either.. All I'll give away at the moment is that acceleration is the name of the game ;) :p

Final Drive. Standard. It has to be?

And if it is, how much top-end will you lose, as a result of gaining the acceleration?

I'm not bored; I guess you've nailed it - frustrated at not being able to build Rome in a day.

Was going to say Charger but with RBC in your list I guess not...

Final Drive. Standard. It has to be?

And if it is, how much top-end will you lose, as a result of gaining the acceleration?

I'm not bored; I guess you've nailed it - frustrated at not being able to build Rome in a day.

Yes, being patient is quite important sadly. Yet like you, I too, do not have much of it :p I'll just have to accept that the grin on my face once it all gets here will be worth it! Not to mention that if all goes according to plan then it will all be fitted by JAE :)

Oh, re: final drive, give yourself a pat on the back ;)

Was going to say Charger but with RBC in your list I guess not...

Nope, am hoping to take NA as far as I can as that was the design at which the EP3 was intended. With the intention of searching for b00st at around 30 :)

what final drive did you go for?

im just about to get a crv 5.08 for mine for less than £200

what final drive did you go for?

im just about to get a crv 5.08 for mine for less than £200

Went for a Spoon 5.062, spanking new from the Japland :D Although didn't realise you could interchange various Honda final drives like that. Oh well, I'm still happy with my choice :twisted:

Went for a Spoon 5.062, spanking new from the Japland :D Although didn't realise you could interchange various Honda final drives like that. Oh well, I'm still happy with my choice :twisted:

ouch, bet that set you back a fair old wack, and lol neither did i until i did some research :D

I haven't worked out the exact loss in top speed, all I know is that if I went for a super aggressive one (ie 5.5 ratio) I would have lost 40kph (= 25mph-ish) bringing the top speed down to 120/122mph.. So using basic maths I'm expecting my top to drop from 146 to around 130mph, which doesn't really faze me, as I'll get there quicker :twisted: lmao I just need to make sure I take it easy during the breaking in period. With this in mind, gear box stuff has been sent via SAL to get it here quickly so I can break it in before getting her on a rolling road after the rest is fitted in August-ish :D

Pardon my ignorance but wtf is a final drive? Sounds like something that will make you go faster top end, as in final attempt :lol: obviously this isn't the case after reading your posts. But what is it exactly, does it go into your gearbox and make your 0-60 quicker? I wouldn't be bothered by losing top end as I haven't even attempted to see how fast she goes.

Correct second time round Martin, it improves acceleration by making the gearbox move quicker and thus getting the engine through the revs quicker (very brief explaination). I don't know the process in detail, but essentially in increases your acceleration at the detriment of top end as you reach max revs sooner. Only other thing that may be a slight negative is that it will increase fuel usage, but I'm hoping with the fact that re-mapping improves mpg, and the final gear decreases mpg, that it'll settle somewhere in the region of me not noticing too much *fingers crossed*.

This idea is correct if you get a ratio that is higher than OEM, as I'm sure that with certain cars you can buy final drives that have a lower ratio and thus result in bigger top end speeds but slow the acceleration.

I haven't worked out the exact loss in top speed, all I know is that if I went for a super aggressive one (ie 5.5 ratio) I would have lost 40kph (= 25mph-ish) bringing the top speed down to 120/122mph.. So using basic maths I'm expecting my top to drop from 146 to around 130mph, which doesn't really faze me, as I'll get there quicker :twisted: lmao I just need to make sure I take it easy during the breaking in period. With this in mind, gear box stuff has been sent via SAL to get it here quickly so I can break it in before getting her on a rolling road after the rest is fitted in August-ish :D

Top End isn't the only issue - you might find that depending on the Final Drive you've selected - at cruising speeds (say 70mph) you're overall rpm-age increases - I mean, you don't really want to be doing 4,000rpm on the cruise in 6th - it'll be an MPG killer; it'll be sure to give the pedal that feel of instant power on tap though. Some Final Drives can have this result - due to shortened/length of the ratio's.

Edit: I've seen you've touched on this above.

I did touch on it yeh, and am aware of the affect, but I currently cruise at 4,000rpm to average 80mph on motorway jaunts so keeping at the 4k I'll just be driving slower for the same mpg, which is no biggy for me (based on what I expect anyway). I just want it for when I do want to put my foot down that it's there, my driving in other scenarios I'm happy to adjust to suit so it doesn't effect me too much :)

I did touch on it yeh, and am aware of the affect, but I currently cruise at 4,000rpm to average 80mph on motorway jaunts so keeping at the 4k I'll just be driving slower for the same mpg, which is no biggy for me (based on what I expect anyway). I just want it for when I do want to put my foot down that it's there, my driving in other scenarios I'm happy to adjust to suit so it doesn't effect me too much :)

Cool - not a dig. Just foraging for info - it's something I like the idea of.

Back