• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by byonicman

1. byonicman

Hydraulic tensioner

Hi, I am trying to get the hydraulic chain tensioner off of my 02 CTR but I can't remember how to release the tension off before I un-bolt it! does anyone know how to do it please? there's the small lever on the top with the spring behind it then there's a hole in the side where there was a pin...
  2. byonicman

EP3 hunting

Just thought I'd let you all know that my car is now totally sorted, my bro and dad cleaned up the idle control valve whilst I was away on holiday and its back to normal again now! Thanks people
  3. byonicman

EP3 hunting

Cheers for that, yeah the timing seems spot on so we'll give that a go see if it cures it. Let you know how we get on. Thanks again.
  4. byonicman

EP3 hunting

Morning people, I have had the timing chain, guides and hydraulic tensioner replaced on my 02 ep3, the chain stretched and it jumped a couple of teeth! The car sat for a couple of weeks while this was being done, long story short I was trying to source a cheaper alternative to having all...
  5. byonicman

Car won't start!!

Evening people, My engine management light has been on for a week or so ive had it on the scanner and it came up with camshaft sensor A (inlet bank) i hadnt got it replaced by this point as was freeing up some money to get one. I got in my car Thursday evening turned the key and it wouldn't...
  6. byonicman

engine management light on

Thanks for the reply, I always try to make sure the oil level is just below max and I can't think that I've over revved it not for quite a while, I did pop it off the limiter when pulling out of a junction but that was a pretty long time ago now. Ill have to check on the a/b labels then. Cheers
  7. byonicman

Keys & Fobs and where to get them

ive just had to order a complete new fob for mine as one of the buttons broke right off the PCB! It was £168 including coding, it came in on tues last week but they cant fit me in until the bloody 13th to get it coded in, so im having to place the button on the circuit board then press it to...
  8. byonicman

engine management light on

Evening people, I parked my car up at work the last week, when i got in to go home the engine management light came on and stayed on! I got my bro to plug the scanner into it and its coming up with a camshaft sensor fault, im told by honda (after phoning them for a price) that there are three...
  9. byonicman

SMD L.E.D headlight bulbs

It doesnt say they are HID, i was going to try and put a picture on here of them but cant work out how the hell to do it. If you search for SMD LED H4 headlamp bulb on ebay you will see it straight away. Its got rows of smd led's up the length of it and on the end, the side light one that i...
  10. byonicman

SMD L.E.D headlight bulbs

Evening, I recently bought a pair of smd led capless side light bulbs for my 2002 NHB EP3, I've been really impressed with the brightness of them and they look good to, so I've been looking at possibly getting the same for the headlight bulbs, I've seen them on eBay but a lot of them say not...
  11. byonicman

Change of tyre profile

Hi all, I need to replace my rear tyres on my CTR ep3 and was thinking of going for a lower profile this time round, 205 40 17 instead of 45's, replacing both rears for now then doing the fronts later as they still have some life in them yet. Has anyone done this as well and if so did you...
  12. byonicman

Type R kick plates

Ill check it out, Nice one thanks for the fast reply!
  13. byonicman

Type R kick plates

Morning, I was tying to locate some stainless steel kick plates for my 02 ep3 but not having much luck! Anyone know where I could get hold of some? Possibly without spending a small fortune!! Cheers
  14. byonicman

Pull off Creaking Noise

Yeah keep me updated mate, be interesting to see wat they find. Mine doesn't cause any problems it's just annoying, soon as I have a bit of spare cash I'll have to get it sorted out, need rear tyres 1st!! Don't fancy getting points for them!
  15. byonicman

Pull off Creaking Noise

Creaking Hey people, hope your all good, I thought I'd post on here As I think I have the same creaking noise that your describing here, its most prominent when pulling away like you said. Mine seems to get worse in hot weather?! You can Deffinately feel it through the steering wheel...
Back