• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Durzel

1. D

EP3 TODA manifold bore size?

Oh right ok. Yeah my TODA looks like that internally. You haven't any ill effect from having no gasket at all?
  2. D

Looks like that. Is that a pic of the Feels or a TODA? When the garage tech unbolted the manifold from the exhaust he said he thought there was a thick layer of carbon buildup but from looking at that pic mine looked just like that (I saw it myself too when he was doing it), i.e. a pipe within...
  3. D

Ta dotty, you're a star. :) Any idea of any 60mm 3-bolt gasket would do the job there? I had a blowing gasket on my TODA manifold where it mated with the J's Racing exhaust, had it replaced the other day with one that the garage had lying about. The new one measured 60mm across the hole but...
  4. D

Answering my own question I guess... 18100-DC5-00J Honda - Integra DC5 - Civic EP3 - K20A - 4-2-1 - Taper 45-50-60mm I assume that means 45 at the head and 60mm at the exit?
  5. D

Anyone know the bore size for the TODA manifold where it meets a cat-back exhaust? I assume it's designed to mate with any cat-back exhaust on the market. Also when you're buying new exhaust gaskets is it the exhaust that comes with them, or the manifold? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm...
  6. D

Abbey Motorsport

I'm more of the opinion that the ram-air effect of the GruppeM is trivial compared to the actual suction of air and where this sucked air is coming from. The fact AEM v2 is so close to (or the same as, haven't compared too many dyno runs etc) to GruppeM, when AEM is just a filter with no...
  7. D

j's racing 60rs exhaust system

I've got an 60RS. It's pretty loud, but seems to work fine with my JRSC (300bhp) As said already it is very light, you can hold it in the air with your fingers. :)
  8. D

xenons legal or not????????

This is wrong. Loxy was fully correct - to be road legal you need auto-leveling and washers, neither of which retrofitted HIDs will have on a CTR (at least not the latest one). That being said it is probable they will pass an MOT regardless (mine did, at Honda), but a jobsworth copper will be...
  9. D

Civic Type R EP3 Touring car spoiler

Looks gash imo. The only time it would look vaguely acceptable would be if it was 101% meant as a purposeful addition - i.e. a track weapon EP3, even then I suspect it would be pretty Marmite to most people.
  10. D

EP3 18" alloy tyre size

Hi, I've got some 18 x 7.5 alloys (SSR Type-C) on my 2004 EP3 Type-R that are in need of some new tyres. Currently using 225/35 tyres but wondering whether I should be using 225/40s instead? The latter seem a lot easier to come by, and significantly cheaper, and there doesn't seem to be a...
  11. D

civic type-r VS S2000... PLEASE HELP QUICK!

Ones a 2 seater convertible, the other is a hot hatchback....... I know that sounds kinda trolly but the cars are completely different - the only similarity between them is that they are roughly as fast as eachother and are both built by Honda. From memory my S did about the same sort of...
  12. D

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

Well yeah obviously you'd need to be going some speed for the "ram air" aspect of it to work, but it's a sealed box that sucks air from outside of the engine bay so fundamentally it's going to be better than one that doesn't. The scoop / forcing air in aspect is a bit of a gimmick I suppose.
  13. D

J's Front Strut Bar & ETD - Fitting Help!

:o Nice :) That include the ETD too? How do you work out how stiff to make it etc?
  14. D

Yeah? That would be cool if possible.. let me know when you're free and how much it'll cost me. :)
  15. D

I've got one of these too and got no clue how to fit them as the instructions are in Japanese! lol Only thing I can gather is apparently I need a torque wrench. Is this something Honda could fit for me?
Back