• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

Lol I am not sure you would be able to sue somebody based on their opinion of wheels, on the internet.

Lol I am not sure you would be able to sue somebody based on their opinion of wheels, on the internet.

Its not an opinion when it contains specific facts that be proved untrue. ;) , in which case it is very possible to 'sue' someone.

Rota's saved my life literally!!!

After an accident I didn't mind buying a replacement for the one that smashed.

I have driven through some of the worst roads in the world on mine for nearly a year now and had no issues with quality.

Would I buy them again - YES

Would I buy a Tegiwa's airbox over a GM - Not sure have to wait and see how it pans out after enough people have them to let the community see direct comparisons. Done enough firsts in my time.

What I find amusing about threads like this is that one of the main reasons I sold my Skyline was the fact that there was so much infighting and mudslinging between tuners in the community and it was impossible to get any kind of honest opinion

Just search around on here mate, you will find your honest opinion.

Rota's saved my life literally!!!

After an accident I didn't mind buying a replacement for the one that smashed.

I have driven through some of the worst roads in the world on mine for nearly a year now and had no issues with quality.

Would I buy them again - YES

Would I buy a Tegiwa's airbox over a GM - Not sure have to wait and see how it pans out after enough people have them to let the community see direct comparisons. Done enough firsts in my time.

I had a good look at one last week, its a good kit.

OK, the weave is no where as neat, tight and straight as the GM and its still a bit of a pig to fit. But it's 1.2 the price and its still a good looking bit of carbon bling. IMHO.

If the filter inside is of the same quality its obvious (even to the most blinked man) it will make the same gains as a GM.

Something I heard over the weekend was that alot of people have bought these kits thinking that the scoop forces air into the induction system when the car is going along, therefore causing more power. Well apparently you need to be going over 120mph before any air coming through will be forced through quicker than the car can suck it in. So going 20mph or 70mph there will be no difference except the gain any cold air fed system would give.

Well apparently you need to be going over 120mph before any air coming through will be forced through quicker than the car can suck it in. So going 20mph or 70mph there will be no difference except the gain any cold air fed system would give.

Yes, thats why tuners gauge the kits on the temp of the air drawn in.

Thats where and why, the GM has been the best kit, because it draws in the coolest air.

Oh yeah I'm not doubting that at all fella, can't argue against dyno read outs. Was just pointing out that they dont force air in, as I thought they did being in direct contact with air coming in.

Well yeah obviously you'd need to be going some speed for the "ram air" aspect of it to work, but it's a sealed box that sucks air from outside of the engine bay so fundamentally it's going to be better than one that doesn't. The scoop / forcing air in aspect is a bit of a gimmick I suppose.

Drive down the motorway doing 70mph.

Stick your hand out the window and tell me theres no ram air effect.

I think danga means that the engine is sucking in air faster than it is being rammed in by the intake anyway, hence the 120 mph figure.

I think danga means that the engine is sucking in air faster than it is being rammed in by the intake anyway, hence the 120 mph figure.

No, I understood what Danga was saying, I agreed with him.

I was replying to Durzel, when he says the the scoop is a gimmick.

If you have the scoop, scooping in the air at 70mph it gives less of a chance that warm, less combustable air will be drawn in from the engine.

With the force of the 'ram air' effect forcing the warm air out of the filter box and replacing it with the cool air being caught from outside.

Therefor the scoop is a integral part of the design in terms of suppling the coolest air to the engine.

I now have the tegiwa carbon intake and its an awesome bit of kit ,got it fitted at TDI north and it works/gains fact !seen the gains first hand

I done a rolling road day and there was an identical Civic to mine except he had the addition of the Tegiwa and he made roughly 6bhp more than me. I know it isn't massively correct due to different cars etc but was a good ball park figure that people can work with.

I done a rolling road day and there was an identical Civic to mine except he had the addition of the Tegiwa and he made roughly 6bhp more than me. I know it isn't massively correct due to different cars etc but was a good ball park figure that people can work with.

what CAI is yours fitted with then?

did :p

That is impressive without a map!! what did yours make?

Haha sorry Joe, it was early.

Mine is a stock CTR with a cat back system, his was stock too with cat back and a tegiwa. I made 168bhp at the wheel on my best run, which is around standard as they said you lose 15% through the transmition.

Back