• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Scotttomo

1. Scotttomo

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Easier than I thought although, do remember to take the handbrake off to avoid looking like an utter bell end trying to knock the Cali person off with a rubber mallet.....not that I did that and realised after about ten minutes of swearing that I was a div and had left it on.
  2. Scotttomo

Cheers Hazz. Just about to do them now. Wish me luck [emoji6]
  3. Scotttomo

How to change rear pads

Awesome. That's an hour of my Saturday sorted.
  4. Scotttomo

Nice guide. Need to do this at the weekend. Pads are goosed and squeal like a mutherfcuker. Is it advised to change the discs also if this has happened? Thanks, Scott
  5. Scotttomo

Brake upgrade options Ep3

I've got some DC5 Brembos lying around that never ended up on my EP3 if you're interested?
  6. Scotttomo

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Coming a long nicely dude. You looking at a CAI at any point? There's a lovely GM sitting in my loft if you want it? [emoji6]
  7. Scotttomo

EP3 Loud Bang on Hard Acceleration

I had this issue when I had my clutch replaced a while back. Turns out the garage hadn't quite tightened one of the engine mounts properly, so there was slight play under hard acceleration and braking causing a loud knock. I only managed to crank the mount half a turn but that was enough to stop...
  8. Scotttomo

EP3 quick estimate ?

This is interesting as I'm putting mine up soon. Under 64k on the clock 55 prem Nice to see the prices holding well on these. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Scotttomo

Anyone help?

Bollox :lol:
  10. Scotttomo

little red LED on dash flashing

When engine is on?
  11. Scotttomo

Anyone help?

Gaitor can be gotten off by unscrewing your gearknob. Then getting your fingers inside the gaitor under the lever, pull the surround (gently) towards you. It should just pop off it's mounting leaving you to disconnect the cig lighter and hazard lights. That's where my knowledge stops though, as...
  12. Scotttomo

fn2 vs dc5 engine

Walkden with another EP3 :lol: I didn't realise the FD2 cams where more aggressive, makes sense though thinking about it. Is it a big job? OP you have it mapped already?
  13. Scotttomo

tegiwa vs has hi power

I'd go HKS just for build quality alone. make sure you get a newer version of the Tegiwa as someone has mentioned about them cracking around the back box (could be different model though)
  14. Scotttomo

FN2 making my car lighter need help

As Loxy says, unless you start taking big stuff off you're going to have little if any benefit. You have kids, so seats need to stay, I take you don't want the carpets out either? Or stereo?
Back