• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. The Dave

EP3 EP3 facelift headlights, ebay non gen around 90/pair, any good?

Hi guys, as per the title, my new but cheap EP3 has quite cloudy headlights. Rather than spending 30/40 on a kit to attempt to restore, I am considering non genuine lights from eBay which I have seen for about £90 delivered. Has anyone bought these? Are they any good in terms of quality...
  2. The Dave

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

Hi guys, few years away from the scene and I've just picked up a cheap but pretty damn decent Milano red EP3 for a bit of fun :) It's standard and I fancy adding a bit of noise. I want to get an induction kit, when I had my last one I kept the standard airbox but was looking at AEM V2's, are...
  3. The Dave

EP3 on Eibach Sportlines... lower on drivers side?

Hi guys. Not long had my car lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, kept original shocks... DME rear camber arms, Eibach camber bolts, Superpro caster increase front bushes, new track rod ends, fast road alignment etc. Car drives lovely, nice and straight, no tramlining (well, LOADS less than pre...
  4. The Dave

Choosing a battery for EP3 Type R 2004...

Hi guys. My battery is on it's way, not too bad yet, but time to think about replacing. Do I need one with a positive terminal on the front LEFT of the battery? I am sure thats where my current one sits, so I assume all EP3's are the same? I have seen some good value Bosch S4 023's which look...
  5. The Dave

Want to lower EP3, what EXTRA bits to change to freshen/tighten up car whilst at it?

Hey guys, I have a 2004 EP3 Type R and I want to lower it on Eibach/ABP 30mm springs, thats a definite. I would like to do this as cheaply as poss without using rubbish parts however. I have a good mechanic who's hourly rate is very fair to me so I may as well take advantage. I've just had my...
  6. The Dave

Couple of Q's: valve clearances done but tappy noise and possible release bearing?

Hi guys. Had some work done on my car at Holdcroft Honda in Stoke-on-Trent: Valve clearances adjusted, new rocker cover gasket Brake fluid flushed/changed Air filter changed Pollen Filter changed Removed driveshaft heatshield Gearbox oil changed Visual check of chain/tensioner etc And...
  7. The Dave

EP3 door card clips and silver handle inserts

Hi guys, I wanna refit the door cards on my 2004 Type R when I'm off in a couple of weeks. I know a few clips are broken which run down the sides and underside of the door card and need to get some new ones...
  8. The Dave

EP3 Buying guide/check list for the EP3 Civic Type R

I was speaking to head honcho Chris and he asked me to post this up here, it's info I collated from this forum and a few others when I was looking to buy my EP3 Type R, so all in all a handy checklist to print out to take with you when viewing cars so you don't get too hung up on the excitement...
  9. The Dave

Hondata airbox mod or cheaper induction kit? Anything to add power re: exhaust?

I would like to make a few small performance oriented changes to my 2004 EP3 Type R but I'm no huge fanboy of big names and I am not willing to spend 300 quid on an induction kit. So quite simply, am I better off doing the Hondata airbox mod and some extra cold air feed ducting etc or is there...
  10. The Dave

Good tailored floor mats for ep3's and sources of them

As title really, my car has genuine dark grey Honda Type R mats but the drivers one has worn through on the heel area unfortunately. Shame as the others are MINT condition but I'm unlikely to find a drivers one on it's own brand new... Does anyone know of or can recommend some real good...
  11. The Dave

EP3 oil changes... how much does yours need to fill up???

Hi guys, just had an oil change done on my 2004 EP3 and it's drank 5.5L oil (5L bottle and half a top up!) Is this normal?! lol obviously it needs it, just a bit surprised is all :)
  12. The Dave

Holdcroft Honda (Stoke-on-Trent) for mechanical work/valve adjustments, any good?

Hi guys, just looking for some feedback from anyone who has used Holdcroft Honda main dealers in Stoke for any mechanical work on their Type R's, namely valve adjustments, timing chain checks etc. My car is due to have the latter really and I really can't be without my car for long so was...
  13. The Dave

ABP Eibach Springs... 35mm or 30mm now??? Visual difference in height?

Hi guys. Gonna be getting my car lowered soon, just good springs will be fine. I was considering the Eibach Sportline springs but... I see now that ABP advertise their springs as a 30mm drop. Before, they used to be advertised as 35mm if I remember rightly? If they're now 30mm, whats changed...
  14. The Dave

Cheaper alternative to Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth to save some cash?

Basically, oil changes every 6k is what my car has had, I've only had it four months but it's relatively low milage and I want to keep it up. It's been done using Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth and looking around I'm talking 60 quid a time for 5L and a 1L top up... It's quite pricey by the...
  15. The Dave

2004 EP3 - heater control light sometimes doesn't illuminate? Any ideas?

As title really, pic below, sometimes the light for the top adjuster for the heaters (airflow direction) doesn't illuminate when I turn my lights on. Sometimes it will fire into life, it's intermittent. Tapping it makes no difference, it will just come on when driving along if it decides to come...
  16. The Dave

VTEC light. How to remove the stupid thing? Fag lighter type

Not long had my EP3, it's a 2004 facelift and is boggo apart from a magnex non resonated cat back exhaust and a vtec light where the fag lighter should be. I've never liked it as it is ridiculously bright at night when on vtec and gives you arc eye! lol, I want to remove it but it doesn't seem...
  17. The Dave

Kinda weird clutch behaviour, pedal pushing back (high pressure), squeaking etc...

Hi guys, couple of questions regards to some strange behaviour I've noticed from my clutch (2004 EP3). It doesn't slip or anything and the bite point is fine... But, don't ask me how I got to find this out but say if I am coasting along in gear with the clutch in and rev the car hard to near...
  18. The Dave

Kumho KU39... worth a punt in these hard times?

Hi guys. My 2004 EP3 needs some new tyres, has some Toyo T1R's all round at the mo, fronts are fine, backs are shot now. I want to stick to 205/45/17. Xmas is looming... bills to pay... and literally nothing looks any good apart from T1R's starting at the 85-90 quid kinda mark. I've noticed...
  19. The Dave

Front towing eye, where is it :D and is there supposed to be a screw in one?

The reason I ask is I'm taking it to a rolling road soon and this is a requirement presumably to help strap the car down tight. Should there be a screw in front towing eye (or two), do they fit behind the fog light covers I assume? And should I thus have one in the boot somewhere?
  20. The Dave

Best spark plugs for around £40 for EP3 2004?

As title, just got myself an EP3 and starting with the simple things and I want to pop some new plugs in. Whats the best for around £40 (or less of course!) as I will find some to order now :) I hear people mention iridium, got to be honest I don't know much about what the benefits are etc...
  21. The Dave

Fuel filter cost from Honda? Easy to change? EP3 CTR 2004

Anyone know how much these are and are they easy to change? Are they like most cars, in line under the car near the fuel tank? I have a small flat spot at low RPM sometimes so just trying a couple of cheap options first of all, only had the car a week. Thanks :)
  22. The Dave

Best coolant to use on EP3?

Hi guys, due a coolant change ready for winter on my (new to me) EP3 54 reg. I have had a VW before and everyone banged on about G12++ VW coolant... is there a recommended one for the Civic and what sort of mix do people run? Thanks :)
  23. The Dave

Anyone got or can link to a solid service schedule for EP3 Type R's (Mines late 2004)

As title really, not having much luck on search, seems to only search for one word, not a few :D Trying to get my daft Q's out of the way now whilst I'm at n00b status. I simply want to make sure I know what needs sorting and ideally when. If anyone can link to the service schedule for EP3's...
  24. The Dave

Gearbox oil, Castrol SMX S 75w-85 fully synth, suitable for 2004 EP3?? Few Q's

As title, I've just bought my EP3 Civic Type R 2004, and I am just scooting through the history/paperwork/receipts. I know most cars are quite fussy with gearbox oil so I'm wondering if this stuff is good for the EP3. It was done in 2009 approx 20,000 miles ago (car is on 63,000 miles now), it...
  25. The Dave

My Facelift Satin Silver EP3 Civic Type R :)

Well, this is my new car so I'll be on here pestering you guys now and then! My Honda Civic Type R, 2004 54 Reg, EP3 Facelift and completely standard apart from a Magnex Cat Back stainless exhaust (oh, and a VTEC light where the fag lighter should be, which is coming out!). Not too loud...
  26. The Dave

Just bought EP3, 2 things, interior lights & whining?

Hi guys, just bought a 54 plate EP3 in Satin Silver, lovely car :) And largely all perfect! A couple of quick questions if possible. 1) Simply, is there a way to get the front interior lights to come on with the doors open etc, or is it literally just the rear light which does that? Quirky if...
  27. The Dave

Was speaker upgrade an option from factory on EP3? If so, anyone got more details?

As title really - I'm buying a CTR EP3 54 reg and the owner says it has an audio upgrade from the factory. Silver coloured tweeters mounted onto the door mirror interior covers... I was wondering if this is true and a speaker upgrade was an option from new, and if so then details about the...
  28. The Dave

Magnex catback bore size and any gains on EP3 CTR?

Hi guys, just put a deposit down on a 54 plate EP3 Type R in Satin Silver :) It has a magnex cat back system on it, oval tailpipe. 1) what is the bore size of the exhaust likely to be, and what is the standard CTR bore size? and 2) will it add any power, however miniscule? In the future I'd...
  29. The Dave

Trying to collate a list of common faults to check when viewing an EP3

Hi guys, short and curlies is I'm interested in getting an EP3 and want to collate a bit of a checklist to take with me when viewing. I could do with everyones input on common issues and things to check on the drive also. I have been so far impressed with everything I've read, until I found...
Back