• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. sir swish

EP3 acceleration issue

Youve gotta clear the obvious like last time filters plugs were changed etc and is only since filling up the tank. Try running fuel cleaners too. Swap petrol stations as mad as it seems too
  2. sir swish

Xenon bulb on a fn2 gt

Cheers. Have sorted it. 4300 is whitness. The higher the number the more blue it is and reduces beam image for distance. 4300 is the best all rounder sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  3. sir swish

Xenon bulb on a fn2 gt

Have had a xenon bulb go on my fn2 gt (standard fit xenons) I know they take the the d2r but 35w 12v bulb. Does anyone know what power it is (I.e the 6000, 10000 etc) and the difference between and effect whether its ok to fit the more powerful ones without causing damage Thanks sent from the...
  4. sir swish

Speaker issue

Sounds like your window regs catching the wire causing it cut out. Any signs the door cards been off before? sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  5. sir swish

water leak

Hi dont know for these civics but it always worth seeing if the scuttle panel drain is unblocked because otherwise it could force water through past the pollen filter. Secondly has it ever had a windscreen replacement? Otherwise your gonna have to pull your carpet back and get a jet wash on it...
  6. sir swish

Failed MOT - Too noisey, help?

Halfords aytocentres in tweedale. I used be a techy for vauxhall but fancied the managerial life sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  7. sir swish

the ruling is that if you have a car failed at a testing station only they can fast track it (test the failure items only) with in 10 working days and normally for free. If your not happy taking it back you can by all means have another test done but itll be full test and youd have yo pay again...
  8. sir swish

Wing mirror won't fold properly

Glad im not the only one who has this problem :) sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  9. sir swish

Ive never failed a car yet for being to noisy. I cant see the point. If your ever in the area (Shropshire) pop In and ill do it for you sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  10. sir swish

Car turning over but won't start up without me revving it??

Sounds like bad luck atm :( Does it struggle to idle or have a misfire on idle? How long ago was rhe clutch done? sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  11. sir swish

Fn2 airbox help

If your doing it off a phone I use the tap talk app and you have a icon to click to load from cwmera reel sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  12. sir swish

Fn2 airbox help

Had the same conversation with loxy earlier this year after my mate did it on his merc but never got round to doing it let us know what the out come is like sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  13. sir swish

Fn2 ipod connectivity

Yeah I have that as I run usb stick atm sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  14. sir swish

Fn2 ipod connectivity

Yeah they changed but the still used a usb port . Thanks anyway sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  15. sir swish

Fn2 ipod connectivity

I have the arm rest usb port and the honda adapter cable just wondered if its a case of will the car work with all ipods or does only work with the newer generations of ipods built the last 5 years say. Stupid question I know but wasnt sure of software compatibility. (Thanks for quick reply)...
  16. sir swish

Fn2 ipod connectivity

Hi. I have 59 plate fn2 and I am going to buy an ipod purely for the car to run through the standard radio on usb port. Just wanted to know will all ipods work or is it ipods made after a certain date. (I.e do old mk touches or mk3 classic ipods work) I already have the usb mod cable Thanks...
  17. sir swish

Fn2 ipod connectivity

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  18. sir swish

Gear selections major problems advice needed :)

Out of intrest have you had someone operate the clutch and you select the gears on the box directly under the bonnet or adjust the cables/linkage since its happened? sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  19. sir swish

clutch wont bleed !! help

Happy days sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!
  20. sir swish

Haha A for effort but that'd only truely work with a small milk bottle and making it air tight. Definitely worth a try ***. If y9ur flgonna try that working the pedal at the same time could help Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
  21. sir swish

Cant you just modify the ends?
  22. sir swish

Try getting a electric pressure bleeder. Itll run off the car battery and suck it through itself. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
  23. sir swish

Gear selections major problems advice needed :)

Hazard a guess id say it sounds like a hydraulic issue like its either leaking somewhere or youve not bled it properly. It could even be the seals in the master cylinder.
  24. sir swish

Big Bolt at the top of the strut

It creates a form of constant tension within the components especially when theres no weight applied from the vehicle. Word of warning do not undo this nut when the parts are off the vehicle without using spring compressors otherwise the spring and strut will go "make it so mr. zulu" in opposite...
  25. sir swish

idla speed

A hydroquadrolating box?
  26. sir swish

Grinding when turning right.

Agreed it sounds like brakes also pull the metal backing plate away from the discs too. Another one to check which is common on japanese cars are the c.v joints. Make sure they havent collapsed internally from lack of grease (c.v boot coming off causes this) Excessive free float in the...
  27. sir swish

Brake pipes fail.

Thatll all be labour too because brake pipes (from my experience as a mechanic) are cheap to get bits for making themvthe problem is alot of garages if they fail they wont issue a pass even if you clean them up and take it back out of principle. I think civic ones are normally platic coated...
  28. sir swish

My Fn2

My Fn2 after a clean sent from somewhere, the centre of everywhere
  29. sir swish

HELP honda advice need regarding gearbox

Could be a stretched cable or worn linkage cable cap. Which has popped off especially cos the age have a look see if you can see the cables on top of the box for free movement and get someone to go through the gears
  30. sir swish

FN2 air box mod

Cheers for that. tempted to do it cos ive heard people say it sounds better and you get more unrestricted air flow
  31. sir swish

FN2 air box mod

Hi, I know theres threads for modifying air boxs on dc5 etc but wondered if anyone has removed the fins inside the fn2 air box and whether it made much difference to noise or performance? I dont have the funds or desire to fit an after market induction kit just yet so just wondered if it worth...
  32. sir swish

seized engine :/

...cant trash them though until proof they were wrong as you'll get in trouble :( (even though your right)
  33. sir swish

seized engine :/

hey this is some serious bad news/luck mate. been chatting with a few guys at work and we all thought by law there will be some form of warranty they have to supply you with (3 months). seen as it happened in a week cant see how there isn't. a few things you need to do is if they serviced it...
  34. sir swish

Humming noise

Haha that'll be fine :) bonito is pretty spot on ive found one of the best way to diagnose is jacking up the car and spinning the wheel and gently rest your hand on the inner it'll replicate the noise failing that rotate the rear tyres to front to rule them out. bearing noise will become worse...
  35. sir swish

please help heads done in!!

if you know anyone with a one-man-mot ramp which shakes it self can come in pretty handy from past experience
  36. sir swish

Humming noise

old tire's can go hard or block/step on the edges and this can cause a wheel bearing sounding noise. the best way to test that is by feeling the tyre to make sure its worn evenly. bridgestones are common for this on some cars. try spinning the wheels in the air bearing noise will whine just...
  37. sir swish

fn2 door handles

Hi got a FN2 and noticed the outside door handles seem to stick every so often. Tried spraying them with lube to loosen them up but passenger handle still seems to stick quite abit. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix for it (without replacement) Thanks
  38. sir swish

new fn2 owner needs a parcel shelf!

Yeah thought that was gonna be the best option :)
  39. sir swish

new fn2 owner needs a parcel shelf!

Hi, just bought my first type r (upgraded from a 52 plate 1.4) and wondered if anyone has a fn2 parcel shelf I can have :)
Back