• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. haGGard

How to adjust handbrake after pads changed

Hi guys I changed my pads all round today. I've done it once before on my ep3 but last time I did it I adjusted the handbrake cable from inside the car to get the handbrake lever back down but a week or two after the rear right calliper seized on. The garage said the calliper was knackered...
  2. haGGard

EP3 Exhaust clamp around the CAT

Hey guys, Today while driving down the motorway the car didn't sound right. Basically a thin metal clamp that wraps right around the cat has come loose where the bolt that clamps it has corroded and sheared off. Now it's rattling around making a right racket, it's pretty embarrassing. I've had...
  3. haGGard

Diagnostic codes P0132 and P0138

Hi guys i wonder if you can help me. I don't post in here much but am very much a background lurker! my engine management light has been on for some time, and the car seems to 'back off' and struggle, then kick back into life a lot when im driving. I got myself a scanning tool, and its reading...
  4. haGGard

Nearside headlight not working

Hi all. My ep3 has HID's installed from when I bought it. I don't have much experience with HID's but my passenger side one had stopped working. It has done this before but sprang back into life after a day. Although it's been 5 days now and it's not working. The ballast unit has stopped...
  5. haGGard

Is a faulty steering rack dangerous?

Hi all My 2002 ep3 steering rack has been knocking for a few months now, it still returns to the center and drives ok but it's just a little noisy. My question is can the steering actually stop working all together? Will I be driving down the road one day and all of a sudden find I can't turn...
  6. haGGard

Copper sump plug?

First of all, hi all and apologies, I'm more of a background lurker on this forum. Went to pick up a sump plug washer from my normal motor shop today and all they could offer me was a copper washer. It looked more like a ring, as in the sort you put on your finger as it was cylindrical too...
  7. haGGard

Car wouldn't start

Hi all. Quick question! My car wouldn't start on Friday (ep3 ph1). It unlocked fine but when I turned the ignition, the fuel pump primed like normal but then when I tried starting it, the engine was just clicking at me, and the dash board lights were going crazy. This would keep happening...
  8. haGGard

Doors fouling on the front wings

Hi all I haven't owned my 02 CTR long, only about a month, but I've noticed both the drivers and passenger door fouls on the front wings when you open them and makes an annoying creaking sound. It's taking the paint off where it's fouling too. Do the hinges on these cars 'sink' like they used...
  9. haGGard

Motul oil

Hi, I'm about to do my first oil change on a 02 CTR with 120k. I bought some 'motul 6100 synergie+' with a hamp filter but didn't realise the oil was semi-synth. However I've read a few posts and motul seems to be regarded as a good brand. It also says they are a good oil for all Hondas...
Back