• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

Air Filter advice

Thanks
  2. M

Air Filter advice

Hello I bought an eBay special cai kit for £50 few months ago and new from the start it would be **** for performance but all I wanted was noise. I've now had a sudden change of mind and want to run more power. As soon as I installed it I noticed a power drop. Now my question is??? On eBay...
  3. M

My Brakes Failed???

Thanks dude
  4. M

My Brakes Failed???

Do the hoses get bigger losing pressure or something.
  5. M

My Brakes Failed???

Dunno eBay job brake depo or something. Do you think that's the reason. Cheap brakes. Cost £300 all around. Pads and discs
  6. M

My Brakes Failed???

hello i took my ep3 type r onto castle combe the other day for a track session of 20 mins and i was doing about 1.30min a lap, after about the 2nd lap my brakes got to hot and failed, why?? i would of though they would of been alot better, i was using ALOT of engine brakes but after the 3rd lap...
  7. M

Window problem!!!! HELP!!!

Hello my window seal liner that goes around the window was broke when I bought the car. I've bought one from Honda for £50. I fitted it myself and everything was good. Bit hard as window had to come out. Anyway. Couple days later. Ie today the window isn't going up and down straight and it...
  8. M

Will I Blow My Engine!!!! HELP ME!!!!

Hello i know your going to hate my question because its the cheap option ( not everyone is minted) with my decat to turn of the engine light off can i use a simulator or spacer without doing harm to my engine please no stupid comments as i know your going to say get it remapped. not going...
  9. M

Decat dash light :'(

work, fitted exhaust myself. and that was the only day of i had to be able to fit it.. that wasnt the question anyway and thanks loxy!! :)
  10. M

Decat dash light :'(

Time has come and I've done it. Decat with 4 branch mani. Light has come on. I'm booked in for a remap to sort it all out in a weeks time. Will it destroy the engine if I drive it around for a week. Please help. Don't really wanna pay money to destroy my car. Can do that for free. :)...
  11. M

ECU and Remap Help

Hello can you map the standard ECU or do you have to buy a k100 or kpro. As I was hoping just to take my car to a runner and hopefully let him map the standard ECU.
  12. M

What power does k20 take before forged???

Do you know where I could get my ep3 supercharged at a cheap price. Second hand supercharger as new there like £3000
  13. M

So if I was to super charge it. The engine would withstand 300-400bhp
  14. M

What power would the stock internals stand before needing to forge??? Thanks.
  15. M

What power would I run?????

Hello I was just wondering if anyone would know what sort of power I would be running with just a few mods listed below: Jap speed Manifold And decat. 2.5inch stainless steel Cat Back The tewiga Cold air Induction / gruppe I believe ECU Remap...
  16. M

Help for cheap decat

Just seems like loads of money. Cars in past don't cost 1/5 of that price. Don't mind paying it. Was just wondering if there is a cheaper/ maybe better way. Thanks anyway
  17. M

Help for cheap decat

Hello I want to decat but don't want to pay £500 for the decat and mani and remap. As after you decat it you apparently need a remap as your engine runs lean and that's bad news. Basically is there any cheaper way around doing this as £500 is stupid just to decat. Thanks :)
  18. M

Exhaust Effecting performance help!

Also do you know if I would still use the standard gaskets as both part of the exhaust back and centre are designed to fit standard sections. For example my back box is 2.5 but is designed to fit a standard mid section. I think it's should be fine.
  19. M

Thanks guys. Yeah will be a lot louder as there isn't any silencers or baffles at all.
  20. M

Hello just bought a stainless steel cat back system and haven't put it on yet. It's the upgraded size from 2inch to 2.5 inch. Will that extra .5 inch affect the performance good or bad. Thanks.
  21. M

Are LSD's that good!

Also I didn't ask if I need one. I asked if there any good and worth £500 donut
  22. M

Are LSD's that good!

Don't worry I can drive. Thanks guys
  23. M

Are LSD's that good!

Are they good for better acceleration. Like how much quicker 0-60 are we talking as I can buy one for £525 of tewiga
  24. M

Cat back help

Getting a cat back of eBay and I'm confused as some exhausts are saying there 2.5inch centre pipe and some are 2 inch centre pipe. The question is I'm buying the centre pipe and back box separate. So do I buy a 2.5 inch centre pipe to then find out its to big for a back box I buy later on.
  25. M

Exhaust help :(

Also will a cat back be loud and deep
  26. M

So would a cat back system affect the performance in a bad way as all I want it for is noise. The mani and cat for performance. Would it run fine and not lean on a cat back.
  27. M

Hello I have a standard exhaust and want to have a decat straight through. Now on eBay there is a mani and decat for £200 and a cobra cat back for £300. Can only afford one each month. I though if I go decat first I can save the cat from being damaged as doing cat back first might make it run...
  28. M

Modification help

Hello. I know there will be a load of threads saying this but not that good in this website. I have a few questions I would like to ask? 1. I have an ep3 and want to get more power by exhaust air filter and remap Ect.. 2. I hear a k100 is the way to go. Is this a remap or another ecu I...
  29. M

Will I spit Flames

Looking good
  30. M

Will I spit Flames

Will I spit flames if I put my the straight through exhaust on wont have a single baffle in it. From Mani to back box. And a cold air induction
  31. M

Should I Supercharge my EP3 HELP!!!

I want to supercharge my car as cheap as possible. Is it a good idea? Good value for money performance wise. Will I need to forge the engine or will it be fine. What's the best thing to do. Please help. Need loads of info thanks
  32. M

Do ground kits work?

So excited. Thanks
  33. M

Do ground kits work?

Hello my tutor told me that on his old type r he earthed out each coil direct to the battery and it improved performance. Now on eBay there is a kit for £20 and it says it improved throttle response and all the cars electrics ie windows and lights etc... So is this utter rubbish or true
  34. M

Suggestion on Air Filter

Pipercross viper is a good one for power gains and noise. Comes with its own cold air induction tubing and is sealed in a heat proof carbo tube. Looks nice around £200
  35. M

Does Stripping Cars WORK. Save Fuel and Better performance.

I have some mates who stripped there cars and say it makes them quicker on acceleration. I can't see myself how taking out some foam seats will make a great deal. Might aswel just go out without eaten dinner that night. Same thing. Is it worth it as I can fit rear stut in then or can you fit a...
  36. M

Your tyre reviews

Yokahama Parade Race Spec 2 Road tyre 215/40/17 £83.17 on eBay Grip in dry is outstanding not to bad in wet. No noise and last around 10k miles. Really really good tyre
  37. M

What Grade Oil is Best???

Hello I'm currently using 5w 30 Fully and seem to be burning about a ltr a week. I'm pretty much always in vtec I've heard they burn oil in vtec but people are saying use a thicker oil as it won't get through seals etc. does anyone suggest thicker oil and go up to a 40 or 50. Thanks
  38. M

rocker cover painting ?!

Do it yourself mate. Sand it all back and use crackle paint.
  39. M

Am I burning oil. Ep3

I try my best to ;)
  40. M

Am I burning oil. Ep3

Thanks Thanks. When I got home after the 130 miles drive with it. I checked the oil it was under min. Wasn't even on the stick. Well maybe a little bit. So I though **** and put a litre of castrol 5w30 fully in. Was still low ish. So I put another ltr in. This put it to max. I look again a week...
  41. M

Am I burning oil. Ep3

Hello I've just bought an ep3 civic type r 2001. And I am wondering if I'm burning oil. I pretty much get in vtec all the time when driving around and I do about £40 fuel a day which is around 80 miles. It seems to be that on the dip stick I'm on about half way min and max. And after a week I'm...
  42. M

Air Filter Choice HELP!

:) Thanks alot very helpful :)
  43. M

Air Filter Choice HELP!

Hello I've just bought an ep3 the other day as standard and I'm wanting to slowly start tuning it. I want to get a new performance air filter for it first and the budget is no more than £50. Ive been on eBay and there is 1000s left right and centre. My tutor at college is saying to get a...
Back