• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Morty1970

Window Problem

Cheers guys, will let him know. Nick
  2. Morty1970

Window Problem

Hi all, not CTR related but 07 plate Civic IMA related :D My mate has a problem with his Civic, evey now and then his drivers side window just drops down halfway for no apparent reason...now when I used to be a regular on here I seem to remember the CTR having a similar problem??? Any ideas...
  3. Morty1970

difference in civic ep3 type r and civic si

Id like to see your excess baggage bill :O)
  4. Morty1970

South Wales (Cardiff area) Focus STs

Im now on the FOCUS STOC and this is always being reported as is the car being taken by force...I feared this when I owned my CTR and thought that the ST was a lesser target,not the case though :( Nick
  5. Morty1970

Noisey valves/tappets??

Like my ex shes somebody elses problem now :smt047 Nick
  6. Morty1970

STOLEN ACCORD TYPE-R

DITTO Hope you get a good result matey. ATB Nick
  7. Morty1970

Im back

Hi all long time no see. As most of you are probably aware I sold my 05 NHB in June and got myself a new ST2 in blue :cool: I saw a CW CTR in Colchester town centre the other week and started missing my old CTR :( Love the ST but the two are COMPLETELY different and so its not fair to...
  8. Morty1970

Its Gone!

Good luck to you mate...Im driving my misses Citroen Xsara 2.0 HDi during the day..600 miles to the tank :) Make sure I get a blast in the S2000 when you get it ;)
  9. Morty1970

Its Gone!

Yea I did Carl and still found scratches on it when I got it home! Still cant be too anal about it,Im just gonna enjoy the thing...tell you one thing and that is that the paint finish on the ST is FAR worse than my CTRs :evil: You got a motor sorted yet Carl?
  10. Morty1970

Its Gone!

My 05 NHB finally went on Friday :( I got 11k for it which isnt bad considering it had a million stonechips and 34k on the clock. Ive got myself an 07 Focus ST2 :D in performance blue,all I can say so far is that its a better performer than the CTR but boy do I miss the EP3 and so does the...
  11. Morty1970

FN2 Anyone seen this badboy??

Hairdryer :p (only cause I'll never have one)
  12. Morty1970

FN2 alloys

I know the feeling when you ding one of your alloys,sickening! As long as your rim is not buckled in any way then you can get it repaired. I used WICKED WHEELS and they did a fantastic job,trust me my wheel was a state after doing something similar to you but they managed to get it looking...
  13. Morty1970

Sold up

Yea its not in your face acceleration but it is rapid...two different cars really. Does anyone think I got a good deal?? 11k for an 05 plate NHB(aircon,33k)...outstanding finance was £11100
  14. Morty1970

Sold up

After 2 years of ownership I today part ex'd my 05 NHB for a brand new Focus ST-2 in peformance blue. I loved my CTR but in the end got quite disheartened with all the problems it had been suffering of late, nothing serious but just couldnt live with it anymore I was also still trying to...
  15. Morty1970

Rear offside tyre stinks after motorway driving

Cheers for the info,doesnt sound like my issue,mines probably more in line what Neily mentioned. Nick
  16. Morty1970

Rear offside tyre stinks after motorway driving

Mines Started to do this,it seems to do it when your lifting up the clutch with the handbrake on at the same time and the car is straining forward? What sort of noise is it exactly? TIA Nick
  17. Morty1970

FN2 Hi all from Singapore

Spending 35k without so much as a test drive??!!!
  18. Morty1970

Humming from rear tyres...UPDATE

LMAO at the phrase:lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. Morty1970

Still got a years warranty left so no probs there. Ive got such a history with these guys..just ask Scouse
  20. Morty1970

Yep Honda fitted the tyres and done the ballancing...Im just thinking as it was done about 8 months ago they mite get shirty over it. Cheers Nick
  21. Morty1970

About 8 months ago I had the rear camber problem with my 05 CTR which caused my rear wheels to make a humming noise(the noise you get with a worn wheel bearing). Anyway,all was sorted under warranty and the tyres replaced FOC. 8 months later exactly the same noise,had the rears checked by an...
  22. Morty1970

Humming /Vibration from front wheels

Had my car in this morning for various bits of warranty work one of them being a humming/vibration coming from the front wheels. Have been told by the dealer that in there opinion the front wheels need balancing. Would un balanced wheels cause a humming noise? Im thinking more wheel bearing...
  23. Morty1970

Noisey valves/tappets??

Hi all, over the past few months my 05 plate CTR has started to develop a noise from the engine. It sounds like a tappet or valve noise when you hit about 2.5k revs. Its the sort of noise you get with a cold engine. Its just hit 30k and on the last service when the valves were...
  24. Morty1970

Exhaust blowing already!!!

It certainly was Carl, they said that this will be the first one they've heard of ever going and it 'must've' been caused by something hitting it :evil: Nick
  25. Morty1970

Just spoke to my local dealer and they said they just don't go like that and that it must have been caused by something hitting it but it is apparently covered under warranty if it is genuinely blowing. Any idea how much I'm looking at if I have to shell out myself? TIA Nick
  26. Morty1970

My 05 plate NHB has just started blowing, the car is only 1.5 years old and I've owned it from new, not happy at all :evil: It sounds like the back box, surely this shouldn't go after only 30,000. Would I have any luck at trying it on with the warranty? Any idea on cost fitted? TIA Nick
  27. Morty1970

Anyone want to claim this?? :shock:

Thats mine, its off the road at the mo as the flux capacitor is buggered and the dieseminator valve push is preventing it from flying. Nick
  28. Morty1970

Three Years Of Ownership 8)

Ive had mine from new for two years now but shes gotta go asap :( Ive just got on the property ladder and cant afford the both so she will be chopped for something like a 5 year old Focus diesel :x When Ive made millions on my flat in a few years time I shall be back with avengance ...
  29. Morty1970

Returning 2 CTR

Worked fine for me :D Edit**** Just re read your post, did you mean dodgey link or dodgey ink as used in the tattoo :lol: Nick
  30. Morty1970

Returning 2 CTR

Just had a look at your link, you must really love your car to consider having a tattoo done... :shock: What happens when you chop it in for another make??? Bit like chopping and changing your girlfriends and then having to get her name covered over on your arm :!: Looks good though Nick
  31. Morty1970

Returning 2 CTR

You two shouldnt get so sheepish :lol: Nick
  32. Morty1970

Car's been keyed :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

My 'ex' girlfriend had this done to her car recently, its the worse feeling imaginable...I hope you get the car sorted asap and make sure you settle the score in one way or another or you will end up having to go through it again if you get my drift! Nick
  33. Morty1970

How much would you pay for this?

I didnt actually get to read the post, I was more interested in your avatar! 8) Nick
  34. Morty1970

Any Help?

Correct
  35. Morty1970

Whining noise at high speeds

On the 'other' site this was mentioned on quite a few threads and it seemed that some had it and some didnt but all in all was a characteristic and not a problem. Mindyou, since I got shot of the ex it hasnt been noticable
  36. Morty1970

Whining noise at high speeds

Ive had all three of the mentioned problems. I had the tensioner for the aux belt changed but this whine was audible at all speeds and when idling so not sure if this would be your problem as you say its only noticable at 60 mph plus. Regarding the windscreen problem, I had this too but it...
  37. Morty1970

FN2 Is This New??

The side shots look pants :cry: I see they have lost the Type R logo on the side skirts too :!: Im not taken :? Nick
  38. Morty1970

3rd service today

They are good, Ive used them for a few things, theyre cheaper than a lot of places and you get a good friendly service, will be even better once they get their new showroom up and running :)
  39. Morty1970

3rd service today

Should of got even more of a discount with Emma not being there, its bloody criminal, Id complain to HUK :( Nick
  40. Morty1970

Whirling Sound From Engine?

This is not a dig or pop at anything Bigred posted but I remember a guy from Halfrauds telling my Mum that the way to cure her squeaking brakes on her mountain bike was to put a dab of grease on the rims :!: :shock: Nick
  41. Morty1970

Smoke/mist coming from the vents

20 secs is quite a long time though...mine does it sometimes but only for a few seconds. HTH Nick
  42. Morty1970

Mine is garaged every night and yes the whine is now constant and is getting worse. Its definately one of the pulleys, either that or the belt is too tight. Just cant be ar5ed to take it into the stealers at the mo :roll: Nick
  43. Morty1970

MOT Failed/Passed Retest!!!!! :shock: :( :)

Where you taking it Carl? Nick
  44. Morty1970

Mines just started to do the same(05 plate, 20k) I know the CTR has a bit of a whine as per norm but this is totally different and as I was thinking maybe its the alternator pulley because when you stick the mirror heaters,rear demist on ect it seems to get worse. I take it this would be...
  45. Morty1970

FN2 new three door shots

Somebody mentioned about a new red CTR being in last months Auto Express, this was a photo shop jobbie Im afraid and not a very good one at that. The feature car has the old style alloys on it too :shock: HTH Nick
  46. Morty1970

Car wash methods on the video in this section

Just had a look at the car wash videos in this section....this man knows how to clean his car without scratching it, he uses a grit guard, leaves the bottom of the car till last ect ect which is all great....but does he really know all his stuff :?: All he goes on about is be careful not to...
  47. Morty1970

Alloy Wheel Corrosion Potential Claim (Pics)

You will have no problems there matey. Let us know how you get on. Nick
  48. Morty1970

Scuttle Panel and Side-Skirt not flush

Mines exactly the same but seeing as Ive had enough arguments with my local no good stealer I cant be bothered to put it to them. As far as Im concerned this would definately be covered under warranty...the dealer is right what he says in respect of plastic bending but only in an accident for...
  49. Morty1970

Bumper alignment

Hi all, just giving my 05 NHB a quick going over and I noticed that the rear bumper is slightly out of alignment. It's where the bumper meets the rear light cluster on the quarter panel if you get my drift. Now first thing that comes to mind is that someone has nudged it but there are no...
  50. Morty1970

How much to respray front? Fecking Honda paint

Thats water based paint for you! My 05 NHB has quite a few chips on the bonnet with most of these being picked up last winter. I think the red and the black are the worst for showing the chips as the primer stands out so much. Problem is that you will spend all that money on getting it...
  51. Morty1970

Milano Red CTR - slight 'fading'

Hi mate, I think this is quite normal due to the trim, door handles ect being plastic, you will never be able to get an exact match with red and silver being the ones that stand out. The trim on my NHB is not an exact match to the bodywork in certain light conditions. Remember the paintwork...
Back