• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. E

Brake fluid top up?

sounds like they've done a top up and not a change from what you've said
  2. E

Brake fluid top up?

Not too hard to bleed yourself as long as the nipples aren't corroded! Also you'll need another person to help. Brake fluid absorbs water over time so will reduce it's boiling point causing spongy brake pedal feel. The colour of the old fluid will probably be black and dirty.
  3. E

EP3 front wobble

Maybe you've hit a pot hole and damaged something? As mentioned get suspension and steering checked on a ramp. Hope you get it sorted!
  4. E

Home page - Christmas 2011???

Time for an update maybe?
  5. E

Ted's track day EP3

What tracks have you driven?
  6. E

Nighthawk black ep3

I put led lights inside my dc2 for the interior light, simple but effective way to make it a bit more modern inside. I also changed the dash lights for white led bulbs
  7. E

FN2 and EP3 Chilling in sun!

Both cars looking tidy
  8. E

Pressure Washer Power

A entry level karcher washer works wonders, buy a snow foam attachemt for it at the same time.
  9. E

Has anyone couriered ep3 seats??

Any courrier company will be able to ship them for you, just package them up with the mindset that they will get chucked around.
  10. E

Car taking on water Help

Could have a leaking windscreen seal. Get someone to hose car and you look up in the footwell to try and see where leaking
  11. E

Sticking Valve

Get anywhere with this?
  12. E

Fixed but still not perfect

All running spot on now. Valve clearances checked and re adjusted. Spark plugs have been re gapped and tiny split in exhaust back box welded up. Producing nice healthy compression as well! She's running sweet now. Just need the weather to get a bit dryer
  13. E

Sticking Valve

Get the head off and go from there mate. It's going to be one of those things that you don't know until you can look at it and asses the situation. You could suggest a few things but until the heads off you just don't know. How do you know it's not the piston rings causing low compression?
  14. E

Head all back together and on the block, went for RR today and AFR's checked- all ok tiny bit lean at VTEC but then richen's up. Dyno operator said nothing to be concerned about. BUT power at the wheels is down :-( it was 162 at the fly compared to 185 at the fly 2 years ago. I'm going to run...
  15. E

EP3 overheating

How long have you left it stationary for while running? When you say shoots straight up, how high? Have you left it stationary for 5 minutes or so while engine running to see if the fan turns on?
  16. E

Integra DC2

Looks nice. Have the wheels been painted before? Get that cam cover re sprayed! I like the look of that red GTR
  17. E

Integra deeeseee two

Head is back from engine builders complete with 16 new skunk2 valves ( slightly heavier than standard valves though) 3 angle cut valve seats, head skimmed, pressure tested, 16 new valve guides, nice and clean, no more carbon deposits.
  18. E

Best bulbs for ep3.

A hid kit is the way forward, to make them pass an mot they should be self leveling I believe but you could always change them back Mot time. Bought mine from http://www.hidshack.co.uk/ have been very good for me. I got slim ballast with a very slight blue tint. You would be unlucky to get...
  19. E

Where to sell my DC2?

Why don't you create a build or picture thread for your car. That way you can link it to your advert when your ready to sell it?
  20. E

Waiting for the right sized valve guides, the first ones were too small in total diameter. Fingers crossed the right ones turn up tomorrow , then with any luck it will all be fitted back to the block on Monday. Then get a rolling road session booked. Going to give eurospec a try
  21. E

What mods next for my track EP3?

How many track days have you done? What tracks have you driven?
  22. E

What mods next for my track EP3?

Spend money on track day tuition, you learn a lot and after a few laps will probably have quicker lap times than some if the faster cars with drivers that don't know the proper lines.
  23. E

Engine problem

Does your car have aircon?
  24. E

Integra deeeseee two

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?91290-Burnt-out-damaged-exhaust-valve-with-pics
  25. E

Engine builder has told / showed me that the valve guides are old / worn there is excess play with the new valve in the guides . I am now having new valve guides fitted, no point doing all this work and not doing it properly. Linking this thread to my project / show ground thread for future...
  26. E

Head is having a complete refurb at a engine builders next door to the garage where it's being repaired, head will be skimmed, 3 angle cut on the valve seats, lots of other bits and pieces that I didn't really understand/ remember but I'm confident that it will be like a new head once it's back...
  27. E

After wash

thanks, will give it a good clean
  28. E

After wash

sorry know its been asked before, when you polished your knob ooh erh what did you use to do the red paint on the gear numbers?
  29. E

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC2 Rust Advice

have you decided to move on? maybe have a gamble in the future? :)
  30. E

I would be happy to take out the interior to show potential buyers if I was selling my car . If a owner doesn't wish to do this after you explaining why then I would move on, they can't be that much of a enthusiast!
  31. E

Mine had the same as your second photo, the bodyshop ground it back and found clean metal behind, they showed me the clean metal , although they did mention that it could have been possible if there wasn't clean metal they would have to do a couple of small spots of welding. Also mine had the...
  32. E

I thought that I had only made what I persieved to be light breathing mods. I WILL update this thread after it's all back together and rolling roaded with afr checked. I spoke with the dyno place and they recommended that I had the injectors sonic cleaned and flow tested first before rr so...
  33. E

have had the tegiwa intake kit for around 1.5 years decat around 1.5 years manifold around 1 year so bits have been on for a while, its done a lot of motorway miles the past year. sometimes on 95 sometimes 99 , i was told by mechanic that sometimes the 99 octane fuel doesn't give a decent burn...
  34. E

The valve burning has been caused because it's been running lean. I have been told because of the fuel. I have recently been using tesco momentum 99 but in the past it's had mixtures of fuel. It has a de cat pipe. Tegiwa air intake and a decent exhaust manifold, I'm looking to get it mapped once...
  35. E

Burnt out valves with pics So the head came off today, I'll let the pics do the talking :-( as you can see, the cylinder walls still have the original honing marks on them, cylinder number 3 has the worst burnt out valves, number 4 exhaust valves don't look too good. Just deciding what the...
  36. E

Fitted the parts listed above but still a misfire and running on 3 cylinders. Had a look with the garage and it's suspected a burnt exhaust valve that's been causing the problems. The heads coming off tomorrow to see what's going on.
  37. E

New dizzy , plugs and leads on their way, will update this once all the parts are fitted. Found a website called ignitioncarparts.co.uk selling new, and reconditioned dizzys. For sensible prices
  38. E

Spark plug issue.

Ouch! I wonder where the bits have gone :-s surprised it was running like that! Unless you have been VERY lucky and it has been forced through the exhaust valves but not to damage anything on the way is very unlikely . It might still be in the cylinder causing lots of damage. The old plugs must...
  39. E

Thanks for the reply, do you know of a decent place that can do this. I am able to search on Google but if there is a place you recommend.......
  40. E

Checked plugs, one was nasty, no spark at any plug with any lead. Not sparking at distributor so going to fit new plugs and distributor
  41. E

Driving on motorway, power low, no warning lights, start to hear missfire. Stop at services. Car cooled down, won't start. 132k miles, going to check spark plugs and leads and then onto distributor today. any other suggestions? Thanks. Russell
  42. E

Milano Red EP3 worth the risk!!

nothing wrong with waxing often. You can keep building up layers to add to the paint, using a proper wax- none of this turtle wax nonsense you will find that water will bead off nicely and you will reduce the amount of contact you have when washing the car because with a well waxed car most of...
  43. E

parrys ek9, k swap, I AM BACK WITH THE SAME SHELL!!

Looks like pirbright the picture of your ek9 and dc2 before detail?
  44. E

Fit a Vtec light

Why would one need a led when VTEC engages surely one can feel the kick of VTEC?
  45. E

Integra deeeseee two

Yeah just stuck to white, they need another coat of paint to be honest. I'll probably do that after winter
  46. E

Integra deeeseee two

Went to the garage for a check over the other week and found both lower front wishbones needed replacing as the bushes were very worn. i understand now when people say it feels like a new car when the replace worn old bushes. I've changed Rta's and engine and torque mounts but replacing the...
  47. E

DC2 DB8 DC5 Any DC2s in or around colchester

One in Berkshire, probably a bit far from you
  48. E

Integra deeeseee two

Might be up for sale, time for a change maybe
  49. E

100 today

Good for another 100 I'd imagine!
  50. E

Integra deeeseee two

i stayed with the white, might change them to silver, the same colour as standard for black integras
  51. E

DC2 DB8 DC5 Can anyone help with itr-dc2.com?

whoops, didn't realise this thread was so old!
  52. E

DC2 DB8 DC5 Can anyone help with itr-dc2.com?

That forum is boring, no new threads, full of people that think the dc2 is a complex super car and that Honda spent millions on development, use the search function warriors, very clicky forum that you have the same old people that have been on there for ages and they don't really like you...
  53. E

Integra deeeseee two

Dc2 Fitted new decals today after having fresh paint on the rear quarters
  54. E

Integra deeeseee two

Wheel refurb time : primer:
  55. E

Integra deeeseee two

Hi, this is my first Honda. Had it 3 years now, it's a great car and I've replaced a few bits and pieces on it. Here are a few pictures: Cheeky rolling road before de-cat, new manifold and new air intake New torque mounts fitted because the old ones had seen better days S2k aerial Clay...
Back