• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jono2200

My 5th ep3!

So guys. Thought I would start a new thread that I can update as I go. Recently i bought my 5th ep3 and I'm hoping it's going to be the fastest yet..my last 2 were both running 259bhp and were pretty much identical apart from one had a shortened final drive and the other one didn't, both were...
  2. jono2200

Which pads for ep3 stoptech 300mm touring kit

As per title guys struggling online to find info or suppliers of replacement pads. Need to be suitable for track days Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  3. jono2200

Yellowspeed, bc RA or meister zeta

Hi guys so all these are within a few quid of each other. Going to be getting some for my track car (not daily driver. The only road driving it will do is to and from track) which woupd you guys go for and why please.. Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  4. jono2200

Watch "Ep3 hunting. Any advice?" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/GSzxgFfHBv8 So after the car has been in my garage for maybe 6 weeks. Thought i would give it a blast yesterday. However my battery was completely flat. So charged over night and took it out today. Revs are all over the place. That was after a 20 minute blast. Still the same as...
  5. jono2200

Has anyone on here booked croft trackday 12th march. See there is couple type rs sign

As title guys. Just curious :) Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  6. jono2200

70mm throttle body making ep3 jumpy??

Hi guys just recently bought a new ep3. Its got quite a few mods taking power to 259bhp. However one of mods is 70mm throttle body (ported) would this make the car harder to drive smoothly at low speeds / revs. Seems to be a bit jumpywhen you lift of the throttle. Or anything else that can cause...
  7. jono2200

Quick advice needed please

Hi guys quick question if possible. I have just got hold of some enkai evo 8 wheels. Thoughthey dont come till monday. I have already bought some stoptech touring brakes. Does anyone know if they will go over my brakes without spacers. Car is ep3.
  8. jono2200

Watch me at "Croft lap track day 20-03-15" on YouTube

Croft lap track day 20-03-15: https://youtu.be/yOvSBWtju_k Little snippet of my last track day at croft. Couldnt have asked for a better day weather was great, no car issues as always.
  9. jono2200

Anyone going to croft in march

As per title guys. Think this gonna be my first of the year
  10. jono2200

Anyone fitted rear bolt in roll cage???

Quick help needed guys. How much of trim actually needs to come out? Does all the plastic over rear arches and sides?? I have a safety device bolt in. Rear section only at mo.
  11. jono2200

How do i remove this...

Looking to fit harness bar and not sure how i remove
  12. jono2200

First track day done in new ep3

So did my first track day in my new ep3 at Croft on friday. Was a "Noisy" day at 105 db limit. First issue arrived as the car would only rev to 4000rpm. I believe it had launch control programmed in when remap was carried out, luckily i found this out a coyple of days before hand and after a...
  13. jono2200

Urgent reply needed please!!!!

Will a 205/40/17 be ok as a trackday tyre on standard rims? quick reply needed, thanks also pros and cons be good.
  14. jono2200

EP3 Difference in noise

Hi guys so I know this is a very vague question and realistically I can't expect an accurate answer, but if my current exhaust is a full dc system inc decat, if I change to a twin loop how much db will I lose at track measurements? So for example if my dc system was 103db when tested what would...
  15. jono2200

EP3 Would I need a remap if...

Just wondering if I would need a remap if I change my back box from dc sports to mugen twin loop? Car is currently mapped for all mods running 259bhp, or will I be ok just to change, thanks, also if I did change would I likely lose any power
  16. jono2200

My new Ep3

Good morning guys, for any of yous who have read some of my previous posts you will know i had my NHB EP3 up for sale recently, i was using this as primarily a track car, originally wanting something road legal to drive to tracks in, something to have a good blast around the track in then drive...
  17. jono2200

EP3 Urgent advice needed!

Morning guys, so I'm in process of selling my car, the guy is collecting Tuesday, however I have just taken the gruppe m off and installed the original air filter, to note is when I got the car it already had a k&n fitted, so I hVe never driven it with standard air filter on. Anyway upon driving...
  18. jono2200

Croft on may 5th

Hi guys, so did anopther track day and there were two other ctr's ep3, was it you?? one of them was a supercharged silver one, the other was a nhb one with lots of decals. fantastic day with good weather.
  19. jono2200

Croft April 18th

Just wondered if anyone is going?
  20. jono2200

Knocking creaking noise from suspension/ steering

Ok guys so only happens at very slow speeds, ie parking. Mainly when I turn my wheel, would say is coming from suspension area. Any ideas? Car has had a bit of hammer at couple track days lately, apart from eibach pro springs and Frsu is standard. Thanks...oh car is a ep3 high Mileage
  21. jono2200

I there any way to tell a early spoon N1

As per title guys, lad from eBay is breaking a car and he thinks its a spoon n1 but as I'm aware the early ones didn't have the plaque, he said the welds look nice but just wondering if there is a definitive way to tell?
  22. jono2200

Am i understanding this correctly ecu reflash?

Morning guys, been reading through some old threads on here and i come accross one that says CPL offer a reflash service if you only have induction, and cat back/exhaust mods, so just to clarify, can i send my stock ecu for them to reprogram? or do you need somehing else? Thanks J
  23. jono2200

Quick answer needed please

Is eibach pro kit springs interchangeable from fn2 to ep3? Thanks
  24. jono2200

Elvington march 1st

Just wondering if anyone is going to this.?
  25. jono2200

is this wrong???

SO just seen this advert on ebay, states very expensive from dealer but are these not just aftermarket wheels?? or are / were these an upgrade option on ep3? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221240733465
  26. jono2200

Has anyone couriered ep3 seats??

As per title guys, has anyone used a courier to ship type r seats within uk? if so who and how did you package/protect them? Thanks J
  27. jono2200

help advice needed...

Hello guys, im out of the uk at the moment and may have a chance of another civic type r ep3, with the following engine mods (plus others but nothing else effecting noise) Tegiwa Carbon Intake Tracy Sports Throttle Body RBC Intake manifold TDi North Drop-in cams K100 ECU DC Sports exhaust...
  28. jono2200

will this be too loud

Apologies if this is in wrong section but..... i have fitted a gruppe m induction and spoon b-pipe (silenced) all else stock to my ep3, i have the chance of buying on fleabay a spoon N1, just wondering if this combination will be too loud for lower track day noise levels of 88db? whats your...
  29. jono2200

will this likely be too loud??

Hi guys i have fitted a gruppe m induction and spoon b-pipe (silenced) all else stock to my ep3, i have the chance of buying on fleabay a spoon N1, just wondering if this combination will be too loud for lower track day noise levels of 88db?
  30. jono2200

quick advice needed please?

hi guys, quick question, i have achance to buy a 4-2-1 japspeed manifold with decat, from a colleague and he assures me i wont need a remap doing if i fit it??? does this sound right? for your info, ihave a gruppe m induction and spoon back pipe, all else stock.. quick replies appreciated...
  31. jono2200

How about a swap section

As the title says, as well as the cars for sale and wanted section, could be good for people who are lacking funds to get items/parts what they want? and if items are posted in that section might also open up to people offering potential swaps
  32. jono2200

0-60 times...

Have you had yours timed?? please put car, mods and time. :)
  33. jono2200

I have only won a free track day!

So, did my first track day in november through javelin track days, ended up liking their face book page so i could view the photos when they were put on their page, by doing this i was automatically entered into their monthly draw to win a free track day, and guess what..... i won! :lol: so i...
  34. jono2200

will i need a remap if......

Im looking at a decat pipe, which as i understand if i go down this route i will need a remap, however what can yous guys tell me about something called a mil? apparently tricks ecu into thinking cat still there and no remap required, is this true. Thanks guys
  35. jono2200

best performance mods without map

Hello Guys, so im thinking i dont want to go down the route of a remap, so my question is which are the best performance mods i can go for, i have just bought a gruppe m induction, (not fitted yet) but what to put with it...? any suggestions welcome.... Thanks :)
  36. jono2200

will this work...

Morning guys n gals, i see on here someone is selling a R8BYB unsilenced back pipe, my question is, my exhaust is otherwise standard, will fitting this to an otherwise standard exhaust give any benefit, also is it straightforward fit, also to note is i have just purchased a gruppe m induction...
  37. jono2200

First track day done...

Hi Guys, took a chance last month and purchased a civic type r from ebay, on the strength of the lads description (i work away and was out of uk when i bought/committed to buy), with the intent of using as track/second car. I first had a civic type r maybe 6 years ago when i took one in px...
  38. jono2200

FRSU North east teesside or newcastle area?

Hi as per title, i have recently purchased a ep3 type r and done my first track day, after i upgraded tyres KU39, pads (ferodo) brake lines (Hel) and fluid, next on my to do list is FRSU, just looking for somewhere very local (hartlepool) to carry this out?? then onto induction and exhaust...
Back