• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Noooo!!! I lived a 5 minute drive away from Santa pod this I believe to be a rwyb day. Second synchro went on this day after a few runs nothing more embarrassing than grinding 2nd gear with spectators lol.
  2. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

3. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

My old satin facelift :)
  4. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

5. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

The previous CATD
  6. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

And ofcourse the practical side of it :)
  7. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

8. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

9. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

10. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

11. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Filled the old tart up on vpower this morning done 80miles and it's sitting on 3/4. My average mpg was 25.1. Driving sensable on intelligent mode. overall I'm in utter love with this car puts a massive smile on my face just looking at it. timing belt and new turbo was done at 49k. there will be...
  12. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

I'm aware that the running costs are of similar to that of the evo, however the evo does require more service intervals than the impreza ie. 6 monthly. Iv also done vast research on the 2.5 boxer engine and the issues applied to models 2004-2009, the pistons are of **** poor quality but it's...
  13. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

I was tempted by there evo8 260. But all the story's about service costs, mpg ect scares me the chap at bhp said if I like the sti I'd hate the evo. Plus I think this model impreza looks a lot more grow up almost abit like the fn2.
  14. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Haha yeh she sees the practical side of it and that's good enough for me :)
  15. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Id worry more about the pistons lol they have weak ringlans and they run lean on the oem map. Lucky this one is remapped
  16. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

Lol no decided on Barbados got a good deal with virgin bit more chilled out for our little boy
  17. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

He did have a few fn2's on his forecourt and a evo8 but I've always liked the sti hatchback. I do miss my ep3 was still a fantastic car. The plus side is the lad that bought my ep3 lives 30secs round the corner lol.
  18. dreamcatcher

Wrx Sti hatchback!!!

So I sold my ep3 a week ago and I bought this today, I can not describe the feeling I got while taking it out on a test drive, the noise and power is insane. Collecting it Saturday and I can't wait. Very happy with my purchase. :) :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201560321925
  19. dreamcatcher

EP3 Lower seat rail swap for oem

How much lower are these rails in comparison to the standard recaro rail?
  20. dreamcatcher

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Learn something new everyday I always thort they only came in the jdm ep3's, I still want them though!! :)
  21. dreamcatcher

I want your jdm seats!!!!
  22. dreamcatcher

Meyle

Yes I was assuming you were lowered. My bad, i have a new set of meister coilovers to go on but I'm waiting till I get basically what you have. I'm still unsure if I should try and fit the ball joints and inner arms ect myself or just to take the lot to hondaR or eurospec and let they have the...
  23. dreamcatcher

Meyle

Are you not going for the roll centre ball joints and rack raiser?
  24. dreamcatcher

Meyle

Don't forget to post a how-to guide :D
  25. dreamcatcher

Inner tie rod removal?????

Either way the bitches are coming off one way or another!!!
  26. dreamcatcher

Yeh iv been looking at the inner tie rod tools you can buy on eBay most of them are from the us but there is one made by lazer at only £12 so I'll give that a go might even try the double nut on the end of the rod if I feel strong.
  27. dreamcatcher

Im sure if it wasn't better than a stock manifold, piper wouldn't make them the design is obviously completely different to you normal 4-2-1 but you have proved that there are gains to be had from this part. I was thinking would it not be best to run the piper decat pipe and stick the cat on for...
  28. dreamcatcher

Finally someone fitted a full piper exhaust system!!! iv been looking at getting the piper manifold+sports cat for a while but tdi north say they are not very well designed and say your better of with oem. Think I'm going to go for it, does it drone at all @70mhp?
  29. dreamcatcher

Yellowspeed, bc RA or meister zeta

Also not a bad price too with the members discount, just need to fit them and get a frsu done
  30. dreamcatcher

Yellowspeed, bc RA or meister zeta

Just Recieved my new meister r zetacrd+ coilovers, iv had other coilovers in the past such as spax rsx and d2's did not rate either of them. Iv done endless research on what coilovers to buy for my premier ep3 and I think I made a good choice.
  31. dreamcatcher

Just wanted to know the best way to remove these to fit new and fit a Tegiwa rack raiser. thanks matt.
  32. dreamcatcher

Additional parts while fitting meister zetacrd+ for frsu

So I looking a making an improvement on the handling before I search for more power. So recently purchased some nice coilovers from meister r, now I'm in no rush in fitting them because i want to get my new wheels and goodyear a2 tyres on at the same time. I was just wanting to know what other...
  33. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

Normally when a matrix goes you end up with it leaking into the passenger footwell, so if the carpet is dry I would say the matrix is fine.
  34. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

I had to run the car several times over a number of days with the rad cap off, some of the time keeping the revs at 2-3k for 60secs eventually the trapped air cam out. It does not help your temp gauge does not work, I'd get that fixed ASAP.
  35. dreamcatcher

Boss kit

What kit are you using for your aftermarket steering wheel?
  36. dreamcatcher

Rota grid concave/drift??

^^^ that is true it is rare, I'm trying to understand the whole offset measuring. I know you get the measurement via dividing the rim width by two. And measure from the centre line to hubface. But surely the with a greater positive offset would create more poke. Hard to get your head round it...
  37. dreamcatcher

Also spoke to stanceuk, they say you can fit: 17"x8j et40 18"x8j et40 et35 will poke out on a 8j and will need arches rolled et45 will need a spacer to bring the wheel out.
  38. dreamcatcher

After hours of searching.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301795220046 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301795220278 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311482625048 Im not fussed about colour because that can be changed I'm looking for the perfect wheel design although this is becoming a hard choice. What...
  39. dreamcatcher

Really want to avoid huge negative camber don't mind having abit of arch work done and a small amount of negative camber. Still want to have full use of the k20. Ideally I'd like to find a set 16/8- et35. It's hard to find rims to fit the ep3 there doesn't seem to much that takes my liking. I do...
  40. dreamcatcher

Searching high and low for the correct size and fit, the best iv found are on rare rims and they do a 16x8- et10. Or 17x8.5- et30, am I correct in thinking these will not fit without arch work? it not lowered yet but will be on coilovers once iv decided on the wheels. thanks in advance...
  41. dreamcatcher

Aftermarket steering wheels?

Thanks for the advise didn't think they would be upto the job. http://youtu.be/lYZLU0mYx0c http://youtu.be/SMxB4RpCDzA
  42. dreamcatcher

Aftermarket steering wheels?

Looking at changing mine to a sparco suede 330mm wheel, but I'm confused what to buy there are tones of omp and sparco steering wheels on eBay retailing at £40-£50 I know these are copies if the genuine product but are they as good a quality as the big names? Iv got my eye on a sparco steering...
  43. dreamcatcher

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

I love the super advans, I've been after a set for ages, I was also at MIMMS last Sunday it was to cold and windy to **** about outside. Some nice Motors in the show & shine. Think we got there at 11.45 and was on our way at 3pm. A my god did it **** it down on the way home..
  44. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

I had drained the old coolant and filled it up with fresh coolant via the rad, I ran the engine till warmed up with the rad cap off once the fan started i put the rad cap back on. This was done at the weekend just gone, but I thort last night it might be worth while just doing it again. And hey...
  45. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

Soo... Before me and the wife set out to do the weekly food shop tonight I thort I'd run the engine for 10mins with the rad cap off with the blowers on full and heat on full. Turns out it's started to work so must have been trapped air in the cooling system
  46. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

Well this was my first though, but as it's only a £18 part and a whip the bumper off 2 min job I thort sod it. Im confused as to what the hell could be the problem. Usually if the matrix goes it will leak and leave you with soggy wet carpet.
  47. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

The water temperature gauge works as it should, start the car from cold leave it ticking over for 5 mins the needle will sit just shy of half way then the fan will kick in. All works as it should, I drove 650miles with this issues and drives lovely still. when you turn the heat dial from cold to...
  48. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

The coolant hose off the block to the heater matrix seems to operate fine there are two hoses that go to the bulk head from the block one is always cold other red hot. If I turn the heater knob inside the car from cold to hot you can hear a change in the flow but I'll I get is cold mild ward...
  49. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

Searching the web to find out the problem is the first thing I do before asking the question here. i wonder could it be a stuck open thermostat, if so can this be fixed by removing the bumper or is it a inlet off job.
  50. dreamcatcher

No hot air!!

So today for some reason the ep3 has now got a new problem and being bloody cold and wet it does not help. So topped up the coolant today via the rad cap and now the heater only blows cold air! Iv done a 150mile run and no change. I also gave the engine and bay a clean with gunk foam I...
  51. dreamcatcher

Tegiwa short shifter

I'm in need of that silly white cap the fits onto the ball joint linkage. i was doing so well kept all the bits I removed together and when installing it's bloody gone walkies. I need to get this ASAP as I'm at MIMMS on Sunday. HELP PLEASE!!!
  52. dreamcatcher

Skunk2 low profile rocker cover kit

Don't understand why they are made from such flimsy metal. The reason I got this kit is because I sheared off a couple of the dome nuts I'd of thort they would have used hardened steel or similar? dont think the thread on them is gone because it's all of them that continue to turn. There's no...
  53. dreamcatcher

Skunk2 low profile rocker cover kit

Bought this kit, fitted it last night however I noticed when tightening the studs there didn't seem to be a torque setting and you could simple just keep turning the stud with the ratchet. It is tight on the cam rockers but not tight until you can't turn the ratchet anymore. I didn't want to...
  54. dreamcatcher

Scuffs and light scratches to interior plastics

Good morning, curious as to if anyone knows of a method to remove/ make good of scuffed, scratched, stained interior plastics such as pillars, door cards and trims. thanks for any help in advance.
  55. dreamcatcher

Wilwoods anyone

That would be helpful ted, did you fit them yourself?
  56. dreamcatcher

Wilwoods anyone

I buy most of my stuff from the states that is meant for the civic si model and I've never encountered a problem in fitting them even the innovative engine mounts went on perfect. uk prices are silly for aftermarket markets.
  57. dreamcatcher

Wilwoods anyone

Heres a how to guide on fitting them. why won't they fit the type r ? http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=578293
  58. dreamcatcher

Hks hi-power

Iv heard skunk2 megapower is very load and vibrates on chassis so that's out the question I like the look of the buddyclub pro spec.
  59. dreamcatcher

Hks hi-power

The mild steel issue is abit off putting, can't decided on a catback system i had a spoon b pipe and rear box on my last ep3 but very loud looked nice and subtitle though.
  60. dreamcatcher

Hks hi-power

Have people got good gains this system, they seem good value at £400 they sound quite nice too.
  61. dreamcatcher

Wilwoods anyone

I'll be buying them with some spacers and hel lines. i think stoptech, spoon ect are abit costly for such a car. The wilwood kit is cheap and does what every other big brake kit does. my ep3 is mostly only a weekend toy and the wilwoods will be great for the odd track day.
  62. dreamcatcher

Wilwoods anyone

Has anyone or can anyone recommend these there for the civic si and iv sent wilwood a email confirming they will also fit the type r. http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-7014-DR&year=2005&make=Honda&model=Civic&option=SI+(5+Lug)
  63. dreamcatcher

My first EP3 figured it's time to start a build thread

How's your dad Laura still living in Kettering I see :)
  64. dreamcatcher

05 ep3 problem

Got some innovative billet 60a mounts on order. hopefully this will sort the problem out why don't they sell the front lower mount in the kit as there are 4 mounts but they only sell you 3 lol.
  65. dreamcatcher

05 ep3 problem

It only seems to blow when I get the movement feeling under hard acceleration in 1st 2nd idle and normal driving there's no issues at all.
  66. dreamcatcher

05 ep3 problem

Need abit of help got a strange feeling sound accelerating through 1st and 2nd, it feels like the engine moves and the exhaust manifold blows under fairly hard acceleration. I can feel so sort of movement through the pedel and in the the car. Under normal steady driving it's fine. theres no...
Back