• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

Fn2 funny noise

I've got a funny noise coming from the front of my car and ive worked out it could be the brake's, because they tick like a metallic noise ticking and it gets faster as the wheels do, and when a turn the wheel right the squeal like low pads ? it only happens after heavy braking of a spirited...
  2. M

FN2 Avon Tyres

I'm looking for some new tyres for my fn2 ATM i have kumho tyres and i'm currently looking at Avon ZV7 but what are they like for normal driving with spiritedly driving now and then? and my car is lowered on 15mm so will they catch or not ? Thanks Mat
  3. M

FN2 Standard Throttle body ?

Is my throttle body standard ? t has blue bolts going into it ( not sure if you can see it )
  4. M

FN2 idler pulley???

Is this noise the idler pulley? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAjL4CaCjs (not my video but the same noise) i had this noise for about a minuet then it sort of went and i haven't herd it since. Any Idea's is it the idler pulley ? and would this be covered under warranty? Thanks Mat
  5. M

FN2 A funny noise

Whenever I hit vtec or drive the car a bit hard there is a funny noise coming from the front right of the car and it sounds like a stone is stuck in the tyre but a lot louder, It goes away when I brake hard and I don't think its coming from the engine because it gets faster as the car gets...
  6. M

NHB Machine polishing recommendations

I'm Planning to machine polish my car with a DA but what is a safe combo and is easy to use and gets good results. I'm thinking meguires 105 and 205 with what pad ? Thanks Mat
  7. M

FN2 Is My car lowered ?

Hi all ive just picked my fn2 up and i am in love. but is my car lowered ? I think it is
  8. M

FN2 Rear shock Linkages

I'm looking at an FN2 and on the MOT it says nearside rear Shock absorber has a slightly worn linkage (2.7.4) offside rear Shock absorber has a slightly worn linkage (2.7.4) the car is lowered on 35mm Eibach springs will this be the problem and how big of a problem is the linkages ? Thanks...
  9. M

2002 faulty locks

My locks seem to be broke, when ever i unlock the car from the inside they lock them selves within a second constantly, when i open the door they just lock and unlock them selves. if i put the window all the way down the boot locks but the doors don't and when i turn left the boot locks. the...
  10. M

FN2 what does this mean ?

I'm looking at an FN2 and on the MOT it says Parking brake lever has little reserve travel (3.1.6b) what does it mean ? it doesn't hold properly ? or it is too high on the handbrake its self? Thanks Mat
  11. M

FN2 Is this normal ?

I'm looking at an 2008 fn2 and ive looked at the mot's and the 1st MOT it has it had these Reason(s) for failure Offside Headlamp aim too high (1. Nearside Headlamp aim too high (1 Nearside Front Direction indicator not working (1.4.A.2c) Offside Front Direction indicator not working...
  12. M

Doors automatically unlocking

Recently my door auto unlock when i turn the car off, even when i haven't locked the doors they still make the noise, the only problem is that i haven't set the doors to auto unlock they have just started to do it them selves with no programming by me. its a 2002 1.4 Ep1 Anybody know why its...
  13. M

Anybody know these cars ?

two cars at Evans Halshaw's http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/vehicledetails/used-car-honda-civic--manual-petrol-red-hatchback-av55juj/ http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-2-0-i-vtec-type-r-gt-3dr/4795743 the fn2 looks like it could have been...
  14. M

EP3 quick estimate ?

Is £4.5 too much for a premier edition with 71k full service history? standard Thanks Mat
  15. M

been 20 and wanting a type r

any one help with the best insurance looked around on here and most wont cover me because i'm 20 with 0 ncb because i'm under my dads insurance at the moment. i would like an type r for my dad and me its £1,300 and then for me and my dad £4,000 anyone know any insurance that is cheap for...
  16. M

FN2 Springs.

I'm looking at an fn2 and it has apb 40mm drop and i am just wondering will 40mm drop damage anything on the car ? and if i decide to change back to standard or 15mm drop will i have to get the tracking re done ?
  17. M

Anybody know this car ?

Champ white Reg YP58RFO?
  18. M

FN2 Road Tax

How much is road tax ? £290? and how much is it per month ?
  19. M

FN2 too cheap?

I came across this today http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/VehicleDetails/used-car-honda-civic--manual-petrol-black-hatchback-KY07OMR/ it seems to cheap for 35k i know that 2007 had gear box problems, what do you's think of the price ?
  20. M

FN2 CW fn2

I'm still looking for a type r red or white or even silver, i came across a CW 09 plate with 76k on for £8.2 is this too expensive for what the mileage is? it has full service history. just wondering is the price too high.
  21. M

FN2 75k service

i'm looking at a fn2 civic with 75k on the clock with service history, if the service was done at honda for the 75k would it have had its 75k service including valve clearance ect ?
  22. M

CAT C ?

There has recently a type r fn2 popped up for sale cheap 09 CAT C and i'm just wondering would you buy a CAT C if the damage was repaired to a high standard ? and whats the draw backs of a CAT C car ? my insurance stays the same
  23. M

FN2 quick question

I was looking at a CW on autotrader looks good until i looked at the exhaust and on both sides there is black around the exhaust. Is this normal ? or is it a sign of burning oil? Thanks Mat
  24. M

FN2 How much for the following?

I'm looking at three fn2's one with 75k and the other with 65k and the other one with 66k how much would a valve adjustment be if they haven't been done ? the cars are 08 57 and 57. with the 57 plate fn2's do they suffer with the 3rd gear problem ? Thanks mat
  25. M

FN2 vs Others

I was thinking today whats the FN2 like vs other hot hatches ? ep3's, clio's 182/172, focus st/rs ect and the others just at daily driving and an all round good car ? Thanks
  26. M

what happens if I ?

i went out to check my engine oil as my car has been sitting there since friday night and it was ok but i noticed that my battery doesnt have the green light on it its just blank so this means that it needs charging ? i drive it about 20 miles everyday mon-friday so why does it need charging ...
Back