• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MarcR_EP3

FK8 The compliments have started

Definitely a sheep in wolves clothing.
  2. MarcR_EP3

FK8 The compliments have started

If some bloke is waiting around a car park to talk to you about a car, the last thing that I would do is talk to him, was he wearing a Honda cap? Weirdo.
  3. MarcR_EP3

FK8 Body rigidity & flywheel

You have been spoiled with the Megane, probably one of the best fwd car's ever made. Rev hang is frustrating so I totally see why it's an issue for you, from what I can gather they improved it from the fk2, I didn't really notice it on my test drive but you don't have time to judge everything in...
  4. MarcR_EP3

In a bit of a torn situation

I'm with flashy, new cars are great but they just give you more of what you can't use on the road when it comes to fun. A long slog up the motorway or dropping the kids at school modern machines make more sense. On a British b road where speed limits play a huge factor there's more fun to be had...
  5. MarcR_EP3

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

I'm out of ideas unless you are eating more pies than other FK8 owners and are carrying some extra timber.
  6. MarcR_EP3

I'm assuming you have checked tyre pressures?
  7. MarcR_EP3

FK8 Quality issues

At least there's a happy ending. An fn2 on 19's just leaves you with a sore bottom.
  8. MarcR_EP3

FK8 Quality issues

It's more uncomfortable than getting jacked off by Rolf Harris.
  9. MarcR_EP3

Not decided on what you're going to replace them with then?
  10. MarcR_EP3

Your money your choice, just a suggestion. Have you chosen a tyre that you're switching to?
  11. MarcR_EP3

Not really going to notice on your way to the shops, if you were taking it on track and pushing it I would agree. On the road you won't notice, unless you put Parada Spec 2's on.
  12. MarcR_EP3

Probably best just to change the fronts to your chosen tyre when they are ready for it, as long as they are on the same axle you shouldn't suffer any major issues in having different tyres front and rear.
  13. MarcR_EP3

Just pinch a couple of food trays from McDonald's if you want to go drifting, just don't go trying any handbrake turns.
  14. MarcR_EP3

It was a light hearted joke not aimed at anyone, the fact that you've taken it to heart isn't really my issue.
  15. MarcR_EP3

Ron it's getting a little silly now, we haven't been married I disagreed with you once or twice on the internet. Stop playing the victim.
  16. MarcR_EP3

He's a sensitive soul, I'm worried a hug may induce tears.
  17. MarcR_EP3

Strange Ron, because it's coming across like you're not happy with the rate at which the tyres are lasting and you're moaning that it's going to be expensive? I've just offered a cheaper alternative that will last forever, not quite sure what you want?
  18. MarcR_EP3

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

You made the right choice with the wheels, Mark Partington had the same but in bronze on his championship white FD, look superb to my eyes.
  19. MarcR_EP3

It is if you want to scrimp on tyres that will last forever, it's not if you want to stay alive.
  20. MarcR_EP3

Can you not get Parada spec 2's in the correct size? You will almost certainly die but they will last forever.
  21. MarcR_EP3

FK8 Dark inside..

Sounds like my EP3.
  22. MarcR_EP3

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Nobody is going to tell you it's ugly to your face, it's like when you see an ugly baby, you never tell the parents. It's a great car, good looking it's not.
  23. MarcR_EP3

Exclusive Honda only track day

I went to Mimms last year and it did seem to be a free for all on track. I've not used Javelin but from what I've heard from others they are usually good. With it being an out and out track day I'm hopeful that it will only appeal to those who have a sensible attitude.
  24. MarcR_EP3

It's hard to judge who will turn up to this kind of event but being ran by Javelin it should be well marshalled with any idiots turned away. Cheers
  25. MarcR_EP3

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

That's a proper collection.:cool:
  26. MarcR_EP3

I'm currently in early talks with Javelin about a potential Honda only open pit lane track day over the summer and on a weekend. Due to the short notice the likelihood is that Blyton Park will be the venue. Before I can get down to costs and confirming a date I need to get an idea of numbers, if...
  27. MarcR_EP3

EP3 EP3 steering rack doesn't self centre

Ep3's are known for this, castor increase bushes and a decent geometry set up should help. Is the rack knocking?
  28. MarcR_EP3

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

I would agree with you if manufacturers could be trusted to run stock car's, unfortunately they probably don't. We all know that they lie, take the VW emission's scandal for example.
  29. MarcR_EP3

Same here, it definitely wasn't a standard FD impressive nonetheless.
  30. MarcR_EP3

I hadn't noticed to be honest, the track probably played into the favour of the FD2, short straights, twisty etc. They still look properly modern over here too despite being ten years old, great car's.
  31. MarcR_EP3

It sort of did but then you see videos like this and you begin to question whether Honda maybe told a few porkies when it came to the ring lap time? FK2 vs FD2 vs NSXR https://youtu.be/pur8tJuMEro
  32. MarcR_EP3

The problem with ring times is that they are unregulated, while they sound impressive the manufacturers can send a car around the ring that looks identical to the car you buy in the showroom but the reality is it's had the boost turned up, running sticky tyres, cage, weight removed etc. Until...
  33. MarcR_EP3

The numbers didn't go high enough on the stopwatch to register a time.:cool:
  34. MarcR_EP3

It would have been amusing if that's what I'd said. :rolleyes: I also said earlier in the thread that the FK8 is the most involving to drive of the modern hot hatches I've driven. ;)
  35. MarcR_EP3

You big badge snob.:lol: Does look the part this. :cool:
  36. MarcR_EP3

During the war. :lol:
  37. MarcR_EP3

The CRX would definitely count, but to my eyes it's a coupe not a hatchback, may as well bung the Teg's in too. Anyway's sorry for turning this into a p*ssing Honda vs Renault willy waving contest. :lol:
  38. MarcR_EP3

Include them if it makes you happy, when I was a lad it was only the grannies mincing around in civic's. Most that I see now are cambertarded on air suspension so they aren't exactly going anywhere quickly.:cool:
  39. MarcR_EP3

"Also they do not have a particularly good brand image when it comes to road car's" Sort of cements my point that you're a badge snob. :lol:
  40. MarcR_EP3

That's fine by me, you were the one who started this all again by stating that the rs megane is below the type r. The jury is out on that but reviews are suggesting otherwise, if Renault live up to their reputation don't be surprised if the french car is voted a better driver's car than your...
  41. MarcR_EP3

No Ron I don't know you, my opinion is of your opinion. I would say the opposite is true, Renault have been banging out hot hatches for far longer than Honda so I'd wager that they have sold more, they can also make an engine that is at least competitive in F1 too. :lol:
  42. MarcR_EP3

I've formed no opinion of you Ron, only on your perspective. I would argue that Renaultsport are no more niche than Honda in this market and they have been producing great hot hatches for far longer than Honda have. The first hot hatch from Renault dates way back to 1976 with the 5 Alpine. They...
  43. MarcR_EP3

Ron's got strange views on what he regards as competition for the Type R, he's happy to say it's comparable to car's with more power but he's not happy when it's compared to car's with less power, I personally think he's a badge snob. :eek::lol:
  44. MarcR_EP3

They still cut it today in my opinion, they lack the ultimate pace of the new boosted hot hatches but they make up for it with character and a sense if speed which is missing from modern car's. My ep when on the boil feels faster than the fk8, it isn't faster but it feels it which is more...
  45. MarcR_EP3

Cheers, I was extremely tempted to sell the EP3 and place an order on the FK8 but decided to hold fire a little longer so that I can have both. I'm holding onto the EP until my boy's are old enough to use it, with car manufacturers moving away from na and eventually the petrol engines, it's an...
  46. MarcR_EP3

How did you find the fk on track? From what I can gather they are fairly capable as standard, do you regret parting with it?
  47. MarcR_EP3

Come down to Oulton on the 17th April and pay for an additional driver and you're welcome to take the ep for a spin.
  48. MarcR_EP3

Why not? You will find that track day's are extremely well ran with very few incidents, fairly pointless owning a car like this if you're never going to get close to it's limits.
  49. MarcR_EP3

Krzys' 2002 Nighthawk Black Track EP3 Type R - Dave

Dave looks like great fun, you got many track day's planned for this year?
  50. MarcR_EP3

You all sound like you're discussing a long term relationship, yes they can rattle on sometimes but all the suffering will disappear when they wrap their lips around your footlong. Get it out for a good b road blast, or a track day, if you're still falling out of love you've got the wrong car.
  51. MarcR_EP3

I gave the demo car a good thrashing, they make sure you get it up to temperature first which isn't a bad thing and shows they clearly care about how they are looked after for the future owner. Probably the most difficult of the modern hot hatches to get a test drive in, in my experience. The...
  52. MarcR_EP3

I hope you didn't enjoy it too much Ron, nothing worse than spraying championship white all over the keyboard.:hide: I'm not after a pat on the back just find your stance on this rather odd.
  53. MarcR_EP3

Just sounds a bit like double standards Ron, they are all similar in size, similar in price hot hatches so they will inevitably be compared to one another.
  54. MarcR_EP3

So the Rs is in the same class as the Type R despite the civic not being as quick to 60 and having less power but the i30n isn't in the same class as the Type R because it's slower to 60 and has less horsepower?
  55. MarcR_EP3

I was on about the RS Focus not the ST although I wasn't clear on that, given that it's got 350bhp and a 0-60 time of 4. Something seconds is it a league above the Civic?
  56. MarcR_EP3

If you're basing it from 0-60 figures the Honda falls short of the focus and golf by more of a margin than the Hyundai does the Civic despite being regularly compared to one another, does that mean that the focus is out of the Honda's league? Let's not mention the 27k m140's. Figures really...
  57. MarcR_EP3

Back in a Honda, EP3 Civic Type R

Everyone I speak to who's done Cadwell absolutely love's it, cheap to in comparison to Oulton etc. Just need to work on the wife a little then she should give me the nod for Spa.
  58. MarcR_EP3

Sorry Ron, but I would say it's in exactly the same class, a fwd hot hatch for around 30k. I test drove the fk8 last year and thought it was a great car, not sure why you're getting offended?
  59. MarcR_EP3

They probably won't see another trackday to be honest so I'm not too worried. Looking at getting back to Oulton soonish so I'd better pull my finger out and get the calipers rebuilt. Im hoping to do the following this year. Oulton (again) Cadwell Anglesey Maybe Spa in November I would love to...
  60. MarcR_EP3

Always raises a smile does nipple. :lol: Yes left it in gear with the handbrake off, it was only after the smoke that the noise started, they have been fine since.
  61. MarcR_EP3

The Brembo calipers have arrived and I've started to strip them back ready for new seals, bleed nipples, pins and paint. A word of warning for anyone considering used Renaultsport Brembo's the pad pins weld themselves to the caliper and are a pig to remove, one needed the angle grinder. A...
  62. MarcR_EP3

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

I've seen this video over on Pistonheads before, superb effort there. Hopefully you will find another one and get that time you're chasing.
  63. MarcR_EP3

FK8 First TD in FK8 - any pointers?

They need some heat in them really before they start working properly in my opinion. Good fun in the wet sliding around though. They are highly rated for a reason, great when dry and manageable when cold and wet, I really rate them.
  64. MarcR_EP3

I will be having a good look at them, the noises have now stopped, I'm told it's quite normal with these pads but it's somewhat off putting. The brakes were smoking quite a bit after the 3rd from last session, I did have a cool down lap before coming in. I'm thinking pad deposits on the disks...
  65. MarcR_EP3

I was hoping to get some tuition but with losing out on the whole morning I decided to give it a miss, I will certainly be having some next time. Luckily my mates done Oulton quite a few times so he could show me the ropes, I would of certainly benefited from tuition though.
  66. MarcR_EP3

After the first session the track was beginning to dry on the racing line and I could start to get some heat into the tyres, grip was improved massively and I could now get the power down coming out of the tighter corners. I wasn't expecting to be fast on my first track day and I most definitely...
  67. MarcR_EP3

Oulton Park was rather eventful, I arrived early to find the car park filling nicely and feeling apprehensive about what lied in store. I decided a few weeks back to hire a garage which I would advise to anybody who's considering a track day as a worthwhile outlay, great for storage and a place...
  68. MarcR_EP3

One is at the side of the b4391, between Bala and Ffestiniog, North Wales, two are in the Peaks by the Cat and Fiddle and ones in a carpark, lol. The B4391 is awesome and well worth hunting out.
  69. MarcR_EP3

Cheers mate, lucky to have the Peak District on my doorstep and North Wales is only an hour or so drive away for backdrops.
  70. MarcR_EP3

The pbs pads feel quite similar to ds2500's on the road, similar cold bite etc. Only four more sleeps until Oulton. :cool:
  71. MarcR_EP3

Sorry Tommy but it's not for sale, I doubt it ever will be to be honest. Good ones do become available from time to time but you will probably have to travel a bit to find what you're looking for, could be worth asking on the Facebook groups if you haven't already. The car is ready for next...
  72. MarcR_EP3

FK8 RC20GT

Similar to the fk2 on the rear wing I reckon, single exit exhaust. It's a difficult car to add to styling wise if anything they will probably take away, a three door would be nice.
  73. MarcR_EP3

Cheers, I've heard good things about the pbs pads, how do they fare on the road?
  74. MarcR_EP3

It had a dollop of rbf 600 a couple of years ago and hasn't really been used in anger other than some swift road driving. I get the feeling that I will be generally driving to brake fade given other people's reports on a fairly standard set up, it does have the civic cup disks. I'm not planning...
  75. MarcR_EP3

I'm booked in for my first track day on the 9th February at Oulton Park, I really should have had a few days under my belt by now but something always pops up that stops me from booking. I moved house back in November and while the house offered all of the space that we will ever need something...
  76. MarcR_EP3

Have you seen the car? Dealers often delay things when there's been a bump in transit and it requires paint, I don't want to scare you but I would want to see it if you haven't yet.
  77. MarcR_EP3

That's not bad then mate, what you thinking of doing to it? I know you were talking about exhausts.
  78. MarcR_EP3

I took the car along to Mimms on Sunday, some lovely cars on display, mine is hiding away amongst this lot. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5fEFdn
  79. MarcR_EP3

You will get there with it mate, when's it going in for the insurance work? I will send you a message when I'm going to Oulton, off to Cornwall this week so will look at booking when I'm back, it is expensive though.
  80. MarcR_EP3

You too mate, I was done for about 4:30pm, managed a clear run back though so not that bad, had a lovely sausage bap from the cafe around the corner (or is it barm cake oop north) so I will definitely be returning. :D
  81. MarcR_EP3

Cadwell looks like great fun, shame I'm working that day otherwise I would of tried to book on. I'm not far from Oulton Park so that will most likely be my first outing, Cadwell is at the top of my list to do though, have fun. :)
  82. MarcR_EP3

Cheers, I'm really happy with it now, just need to get a few trackdays in.
  83. MarcR_EP3

Fd2

Lovely car. :cool:
  84. MarcR_EP3

It was the big day yesterday, Meister dampers, clockwise motion baffled sump, full set up and Mot. It was rather a long day but the results were well worth it and Grinspeed were excellent, I know it's been said on many previous occasions and it's becoming a cliche but they worked tirelessly...
  85. MarcR_EP3

Milano EP3 - Back From the Ring!

Looks a nice example. :cool:
  86. MarcR_EP3

It's turning into an expensive month, AD08r's ordered.:cool:
  87. MarcR_EP3

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Get it on some ramps first and let the specialists tell you what's tired and what's not, it may well have had a refresh at some point, spend your money on what they tell you needs attention. If it gets a clean bill of health, look at upgrading in some of the ways suggested. Take a look at...
  88. MarcR_EP3

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

As above mate, if it's going to be a road car just use oem parts, no point polybushing a road car in my opinion. The Bilstein dampers will be the B4's which are the same spec as oem, if you can get the standard ones cheaper go for them.
  89. MarcR_EP3

Some sound advice in here, make sure it's tip top, look at doing bushes, dampers etc as they will make a massive difference if yours are tired, get a proper geometry set up and enjoy. Adding power doesn't really add to the experience on the road anyway, have you considered modifying the oem...
  90. MarcR_EP3

The last of them for now. :D
  91. MarcR_EP3

Cheers, some more... ;)
  92. MarcR_EP3

A few for now...
  93. MarcR_EP3

I've not posted on here for a while, to be honest there's been little to update, the car's been absolutely faultless since purchasing so with the mot and service fast approaching I've decided to treat it to a couple of upgrades while it's in with Grinspeed. First off is a set of Meister CRD...
  94. MarcR_EP3

Adjustable coilovers vs shocks and springs

Thanks for the input, any thoughts on the koni yellows or bilstein b6, b8's I've got abp eibachs and oem shocks at the moment and it feels and sounds like it's bottoming out on occasions, im thinking of switching to the pro kit anyway as I have issues with getting over speed bumps with these...
  95. MarcR_EP3

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it so far. It was owned by a forum member before me so that's why it will look familiar. ;). In terms of products used on the engine bay I can't help unfortunately as it was carried out by the previous owner.
  96. MarcR_EP3

Adjustable coilovers vs shocks and springs

I'm looking at refreshing the suspension on my ep3 and have a budget of around 1k. The car will be mainly used on the road with the occasional track day, I dont want to loose daily comfort and still want to be able to drive my usual b roads without wincing every time I hit a pot hole or small...
  97. MarcR_EP3

After a mate informed me of a well cared for and extensively modified EP3 was for sale on a Facebook page I decided to part with my Racing Blue 182 Clio Cup. I loved the little clio but it was rather fragile, it seemed to develop a new fault every time I got in it and it was taking the shine off...
Back