• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

There are only going to be 150 imported this year, possibly ever. My dealer said there might be another 150 but they've been delayed. Amazed you've seen even one!
  2. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I don't use it much because I'm normally on Android Auto, but it's bigger and you can have Spotify and maps windows open at the same time. Overall though it's better than the last one by some margin. Feels more responsive and apparently has a finish that stops greasy fingerprints. I think I...
  3. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Had a change of heart and the numbers weren't as bad as I thought. Turns out mine was on the boat when I cancelled my order so it turned up at the dealer by surprise. It was either sell it to me or send it Honda logistics to get reassigned. Picked it up last Saturday. Haven't driven it much yet...
  4. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

They've dropped it to £55k now
  5. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

They are trying to screen for owners who won't just flip them. My two previous type Rs and service record apparently got me an allocation. Maybe an individual who works at that dealership bagged one somehow.
  6. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Hmm, £60k for this FL5 on autotrader...
  7. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Thanks, think I made the right call for me then!
  8. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I wonder what the appetite will be at that price. The dealer didn't try and change my mind when I cancelled which suggests he's got plenty of other interest. The price is crazy. £10k more than US list.
  9. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've gota facelift FK8 and Honda called me yesterday to tell me I've got an FL5 if I want it. Was planning to drop in on Saturday to what part ex and finance looked like but thinking of pulling out as that price is mad.
  10. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Right, I'm on the list - not sure the maths are going to add up but we'll see!
  11. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Think I'm out at that price. I have an FK8 though, why is it good for me??
  12. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Where's this price come from? They're not releasing details until 30th Nov now. Think it's a no at that price for me.
  13. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I was told end of October...
  14. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

That's what they told me, and why there's a £500 deposit to get on the list... Or a cynical and dishonest marketing ploy
  15. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

The dealer told me there were only 200 or so coming to the UK, 2000ish globally. No idea why, emissions?
  16. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

A dealer told me there's rumours in the dealer network that the price of the new Type R might "start with a 5". I told him no Civic is worth £50k but keep me on the list until there are concrete details...
  17. M

FK8 Good body shop in North London?

Thanks that was actually where I ended up going. They did a great job.
  18. M

FK8 Good body shop in North London?

Hi all, I dinged the rear passenger door of my FK8 recently, wondering if anyone knows of a reputable body repair shop in North London, ideally not too far from N8. It's a bit too deep for Shine to fix through my useless dent policy from Honda so I've got to fork out myself... Cheers
  19. M

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

I honestly don't get the reviews saying +R is just for the track. I tried it over speed bumps and poor surfaces and I've experienced plenty worse.
  20. M

5 miles on the clock when I picked it up. Mine arrived with the dealer at the same time as their demo - he was going to give me the demo if it arrived first. It was slight panic purchase - when I initially spoke to them about it there were 9 immediately available, then 6, then 4 when I think I...
  21. M

Ordered it on 19th Sept. I wanted polished metal and luckily there 6 or so pre-built and in the country so got hold of it quick. There was another polished metal in the showroom today so my guess is those ones were demo models for dealers. Traded in my sonic grey Type R GT for it.
  22. M

Agree, wasn't expecting anything revolutionary. Mainly went for it for the new warranty and can see myself driving a Type R for a while so getting a new one seemed like a good idea. Good tip about the app, will keep trying.
  23. M

I picked up my polished metal 2020 this morning. Took a round-about route home bust mostly town driving and keeping it under 3k revs until it's run in a bit. First impressions about the changes: - The gear change is brilliant, feels even better than before - The enhanced sound is fine, didn't...
  24. M

Thanks all, I guess if you can remove the fuse or something for the sound enhancement (apparently you can't turn it off) and keep the alcantara wheel looking OK with a bit of maintenance then they're not too much of a problem. Only issue is when the 2020 model will be available, guessing after...
  25. M

Well my dealer's trying to sell me one, but you're right it's not on the website - was expecting it by now.
  26. M

I got my sonic grey FK8 back in November 2017 so the end of my PCP deal is coming up. I was initially going to just keep the car but now I'm thinking of trading in for the 2020 model (probably the metallic grey this time), mainly for the tweaks, another warranty and maybe just hanging on to the...
  27. M

FK8 Corroding wheel nuts

I'm just at the dealer getting the wheel nuts replaced under warranty as they were corroding quite badly after only 18 months and 6k miles. Is this happening to all of them? If anyone's having trouble getting them done under warranty then you can say brayley Honda in Enfield is doing it...
  28. M

FK8 Low oil warning after 1st service

Apparently it comes on if there's too much!
  29. M

So it turns out they overfilled the oil slightly at the service. I checked the oil in daylight this morning and it looked full so I didn't top it up. A lesson here is don't check the oil in the dark using a phone flash.
  30. M

Ta, will put some in and drive it to the dealer. Nothing visible under the car overnight, will leave it a few days then look again when I move it.
  31. M

Only just got it back home, will go out and check later.
  32. M

I was planning on getting some shell 5w30 (what they used for the service) and just topping it up first...
  33. M

I took the FK8 in for its first service a couple of weeks ago. I've done a couple of hundred miles since and now the low oil warning light has come on; I checked the oil about 10-15 minutes after switching the engine off and it does seem to be just below the lower level on the dipstick. My guess...
  34. M

FK8 Any good detailing places in North London?

As above really, looking for recommendations. Will they do upholstery protection too? We're getting a dog... Cheers
  35. M

FK8 Quality issues

1200 miles in and no rusty nuts yet... I *think* my brake squeal has died down too...
  36. M

FK8 Condensation in rear light clusters

Cheers all. Might query at service time but not too worried about it.
  37. M

FK8 Condensation in rear light clusters

Is anyone else seeing this? Anything to be concerned about?
  38. M

FK8 FK8 Global Registry

We use miles here too matey. The reason for the 10 extra bhp over here is the higher octane petrol isn't it? In the US it's 92 RON but over here it's 95 or 98 for the good stuff.
  39. M

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

This surprised me too. My old Clio 182 had it. You'd think it would be a good idea in this car. Apparently there's been a spate of car jackings in North London so I make sure I lock it myself.
  40. M

FK8 Is Honda's service package worth it if you only do ~5000 miles a year?

I think he said something like £150 for the interim and £250 for major but he was a bit vague so I wouldn't rely on those figures. I'll ring them up and get some actual figures with a view to signing up for the package if it seems worth doing.
  41. M

Thanks all. I asked the dealer how much services cost and the figures he gave me only suggested you saved money if you had more than three services. Given I may only keep the car for 2 years and do low mileage it seemed debatable. Having said that I actually now think I'll keep it for longer as...
  42. M

I said no to the Honda service package when the dealer tried to flog it as I generally just assume it's not worth it with low miles like to I do, however I'm rethinking it now. I've only had the car 3 months and less than 1k miles so I think I can still get the package right? Is it worth it?
  43. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Presumably it depends on how much town Vs motorway you do and how much you rag it. I seem to the dealer glossing over short service intervals when I asked him about it. I only do about 5k a year so will probably just get it done annually.
  44. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Mine's indicating an oil service after another 3.5k miles, have done less than 1k currently. I know it's a performance car, blah blah, but it does seem a bit soon!
  45. M

FK8 Anyone gone from Fiesta ST or Focus RS to FK8?

I got sonic grey too, best colour. Spirit blue FST by any chance?
  46. M

I heard the seats are too high in the RS. You do have to seriously recalibrate your spacial awareness coming from a Fiesta but then I guess that's what all the cameras and sensors are for. I've never had a car beep at me anywhere near as much as the FK8!
  47. M

FK8 Quality issues

Dying to hear how this panned out. Mine are still doing it on 700 or so miles though maybe less than they used to (could be my imagination).
  48. M

Two questions, again answers probably in the manual but the car's over the road and round the corner: - How the hell does the unlocking work? My wife's getting pretty fed of me unlocking the car, getting in and her being stood there pulling on a locked passenger door. She says she's tried...
  49. M

You can apply this to just about any car anecdotally - looking at a few posts on here you could easily conclude the FK8 has its issues. My ST was fine and had quiet brakes to boot.
  50. M

I see - well I don't regret making the move from the ST to the FK8. It can't have the same character as the ST because of its size but is just as fun in my view, if not more. I was thinking about an RS too but everything I read was in favour of the FK8 as long as you can live with the looks (I...
  51. M

I went from a Fiesta ST to an FK8. They are both great, but I don't think you get much from comparing the two as they are totally different propositions (Fiesta ST is about £15k cheaper for starters!). The Civic feels massive in comparison but probably as fun to drive and quite a bit easier to...
  52. M

You can switch Google maps to night mode with the button on top of the screen. Mine doesn't do it automatically and sounds like yours doesn't either. Should just check the manual I guess.
  53. M

My screen doesn't seem to switch to night mode automatically so I do it with the brightness switch on top. Anyone know if you can make it automatic?
  54. M

Could the android auto nav volume be related the volume you have your phone set at?
  55. M

tough decision fk2 or FK8

This wasn't Edgware Trustford was it? I went in there too test drive a Mustang but they'd sold the one they were going to use and didn't tell me beforehand. Just what you want when you've trekked round the north circular. All I needed was some convincing and I would have got one but they didn't...
  56. M

FK8 Quality issues

I do remember this in a Forza from a few years back now you mention it!
  57. M

FK8 Quality issues

Has anyone had any problems connecting android auto? When I plug my phone in (through the correct USB) the car doesn't always recognise that it's connected. I should probably test the cable though it was brand new. My phone is getting on a bit so could be that. I'm connecting through a USB-C...
  58. M

FK8 Quality issues

I don't buy into it being track focused as an excuse for squealing brakes. There must be plenty of other cars out there just as track focused if not more that don't have the issue. I saw a post on another thread saying the noise had gone after a couple of thousand miles. Any one else some...
  59. M

FK8 Quality issues

This is what my dealer said about the brake squeal: "The noise you are hearing at low speeds on the brakes on the car is common to happen, again after wearing them in for the first 1000 miles you should hear a difference, if you do not please contact me and I will get you booked in for an...
  60. M

FK8 New FK8 owner

Yes, I'll leave it alone at 78 but anything in three figures would have me asking questions without a really good reason for it. I'm new to this, are we talking clear vinyl type stuff inside the arches? I didn't get the Honda shine thing, seemed like a rip off and detailing is much more cost...
  61. M

FK8 New FK8 owner

Thanks all. The brakes thing definitely seems to relate to being around town - a good excuse to take it out of London for some fun and blow the cobwebs off. This is the response I got from the dealer re those issues: "To answer your question with regards to the mileage on the car, due to safety...
  62. M

FK8 New FK8 owner

Hi all, I've just joined the forum as I picked up my sonic grey Type R GT on Saturday after taking one for a test drive and being very impressed. I was also considering a Mustang but that's just not practical for London and Ford really ****ed me off for various reasons. I've graduated up from...
Back