• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

Lumpy/hesitation/bogging down below 2000rpm

my ep3 has been suffering from a steadily worsening problem when gently accelerating at low rpm, particularly noticeable in lower gears and slow speed. It's become very bad when cold, but I think there is still some signs of it when warm too. As accelerating from low rpm, it hits a flat spot...
  2. A

Stubborn Crankshaft pulley bolt

What's that?! Should there be?
  3. A

Stubborn Crankshaft pulley bolt

I'm in the process of doing my timing chain. I cannot shift this damn crank pulley bolt. Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen some videos on youtube where people use the starter motor and a breaker bar wedged in place. I have got the special tool and i've tried with about 2.5m of leverage and...
  4. A

Timing chain guides?

Yea I know. I've ordered the lot. Wish me luck
  5. A

Timing chain guides?

Also, where do people recommend getting a kit from? Seen one on ebay but it's from Japan and I want it ASAP.
  6. A

Timing chain guides?

I'm gonna change the timing chain and tensioner on my ep3. Do people recommend doing the guides too? They're so expensive! What should I look for in terms of wear?
  7. A

front engine mount - ep3

Do I have to drop the subframe to change it?
  8. A

front engine mount - ep3

I noticed the front engine mount was knackered last time i was under the car. What do people recommend? I've seen people filling them with tiger seal, inserts. Can I repair this by filling it with sealant or do I need to get a new mount?
  9. A

Ep3 pulling away bogs down and cuts out

So the problem has escalated. I'm waiting for recovery truck because now it just cuts out each time, at that point a few seconds after starting. No idea what it is. Looks like it'll be stuck in my garage for a while.
  10. A

What does the cold air assist valve look like? and is it attached to the throttle body? I have serviced the car (well, changed the oil, and air filter). Not checked plugs yet. and I have a new fuel filter I haven't got round the fitting yet! Waiting for some free time and warmer weather. Today I...
  11. A

Potential Vtec solenoid problem?

Still not got round to changing the vtec solenoid gasket. But I'm now pretty certain there is no vtec kicking in. The fact there is no EML light suggests the solenoid is operating right? and if the gasket filter was blocked then wouldn't that be recognised by pressure switch and also light up...
  12. A

Service manual - torque specs

Cheers. I did try Googling but everything I found was trying to make me sign up for something. I assume there's not a significant amount of differences between the pre face lift US ones and the face lift UK ones
  13. A

Service manual - torque specs

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a service manual for ep3 or just the k20a engine? is there a pdf I can download? Alternatively can someone tell me the torque specs for the following? Windage tray Sump Pan Vtec solenoid mounts
  14. A

How do I go about getting injectors flow tested? I've ordered a new fuel filter, vtec solenoid gasket, oil, filter etc. And will flush a load of redex through the fuel system. Should keep me busy on Saturday. Fingers crossed it gets rid of this gremlin
  15. A

little update: I think i've noticed a bit of a "feature" of what's happening. When I start the car cold, it will try and idle at 1k rpm initially, then a few seconds later (if it hasn't stalled) it suddenly rises to 2k rpm. If I reach this stage then it runs perfect and won't stall. Eventually...
  16. A

I just watched the 350z video. Have they done a 370 too? Cos I didn't see any hammering to get it working...
  17. A

Oh another thing, may not be related but worth mentioning. The temp gauge always settles around 8 o'clock. Rather than dead centre at 9 o'clock. Is this unusual?
  18. A

Yea I understand. I'll give the fuel system a flush with some kind of fuel system cleaner and replace the fuel filter. Also a good service and fingers crossed!
  19. A

Will have a look when I get a chance. But if there were clogged injectors or fuel lines then surely again, it wouldn't run well at all. Mine seems to run spot on once it actually runs. Just this weird issue when starting, and even that is intermittent. Will watch mcm episode this evening
  20. A

I think it may have sat for a while. Only did 1000 miles in last 15 months And thanks, I will check out Hendy. What about service/workshop manuals? I had an awesome pdf file for my Toyota mr2. Would love something similar for this. Any idea where I can download something?
  21. A

Ffs I hope its not something serious like head gasket, or a stretched/slipped chain for that matter! Could it possibly be moisture contaminant in the fuel? I'm a new owner, does anyone know any good online suppliers of Honda parts for these cars? Nearest Honda dealer is miles away...
  22. A

White, maybe a little blue... Wouldn't it run rough af if the timing was out?
  23. A

Update. I managed to get it started by hammering the throttle whilst turning it over. It's struggled at first but then held its idle and ran ok. However there was quite a bit of smoke from exhaust at first. I'm no good at determining whether it was oily or fuelly smelling but it smelt a bit oily...
  24. A

on the flat. now it isn't even idling. fires up but then stalls immediately. Seems like fuelling to me
  25. A

I’ve had my EP3 facelift type R for about a week now and I’ve noticed some strange behaviour a couple of times now. What’s happened is when I go to pull away immediately after starting the engine, it kinda bogs down and cuts out. This has only happened a couple of times, both time with a...
  26. A

Yea I was trying 2nd gear as a test and rarely noticed a big step. More noticeable in third but like I say, not always. Should I not see the EML come on if there was an issue with the solenoid operation or oil pressure through the valve?
  27. A

So I recently bought my first Type R (and first vtec for that matter). I test drove a few and always felt the vtec kicking in was very noticeable. In mine however, i often don't notice a significant step in power. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. So i just want to know if there are common...
Back