• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

Same here. Ordered when new as a factory fit. I thought the whole interior illumination pack was a cool touch.
  2. R

What did you do to your Type R today?

Yeah, put the ad on Pistonheads on Wednesday at £26k. Been fighting people off for 4 days since then as I umm'd and dithered about whether I really wanted to sell it but gave in and took a deposit. Getting the pro photos done after doing that wasn't particularly sensible since I forgot how great...
  3. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

4. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

5. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

and another..
  6. R

Spent a bit of time in a grotty underground carpark with a camera yesterday evening. Most of the pics will end up in the Owners Car thread... but it was good fun seeing how the pros work doing rig shots.
  7. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

8. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

Got a new iphone..
  9. R

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I know I said "Boring old git" on PH but I suppose you're at least making an effort ;)
  10. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

11. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

Took it out of the garage to play with a Christmas drone and photoshop.
  12. R

Funnily enough I'm thinking of selling mine. I'm really just not using it enough. I'll have had it 2 years in March and only done 4k miles. 2k of them were over a long weekend and mostly motorway. I'll maybe pop into the local Dealer I bought it from next week and have a chat.
  13. R

FK8 Screen backgrounds - What's yours?

Ah, ok, that's an old photo. Mind you, 18 months later and it's less than 2,500 miles (embarrassingly about 1000 of them was a single round trip). Not really being using it as intended.
  14. R

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

Just a quick bump for this incase anyone was interested. I never got round to posting the build thread on this Forum but anyhow... With the Stratos I wanted switchable mapping to give me an MOT friendly map, a normal driving map and a bit of a Party Mode "pop, bang, crackle, flames" sort of...
  15. R

FK8 Screen backgrounds - What's yours?

No. it's just a bit underused :)
  16. R

Thanks, it should be fantastic when it's finished. The Stratos is an inch lower than an Adventador so at bang on 6ft it's a bit of a Yoga exercise to get in. Like I said on the PH thread it's getting out that's the hard part. I've had combinations of both knees, elbows, hands and (almost) face...
  17. R

Another quick bump incase anyone is interested in Stratos stuff.. (perhaps I should hive it off into its' own thread.. anyhow... Progress continues: Rebuilt, balanced, uprated 3.2 Alfa Romeo GTA Busso V6 all back together again. Gearbox fully rebuilt, Q2 diff renewed. Now fitted with BMW...
  18. R

FK8 Tailgate spoiler FK8

Only downside in a way is that the shape doesn't really lend itself to having a carbon wrap on the central part of the spoiler to match the carbon on the main wing.
  19. R

FK8 Tailgate spoiler FK8

Fitting is idiot proof. I think it adds to the OTT looks.
  20. R

You just inspired me to look at what the MyHonda App dongle thingy tells me. Looks like it was road tested for 6 mins and the route shown was a fairly residential loop so nothing untoward... thankfully. Yeah, I gave the NSX a miss. May go back another time. It's up at £110k and the DP knows...
  21. R

Thanks. I fancy both of those and also fancy the rally armor mudflaps from the other thread. Must stop browsing the forums!! In other news... 1st service today. That seems like a quick 12 months. Only 3400 miles *** and that includes a couple of 800 mile round trips so really should try...
  22. R

They're interesting. you got a link?
  23. R

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Mine was £80... and it wasn't even badly kerbed. Now I just park miles from the kerb!! :)
  24. R

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Mine would have been an easy steal for the first couple of months. Every time I parked it I assumed it locked itself when I walked away from it with the fob then unlocked when I went back. Seemed to be working fine 'cause every time I went to the car it was unlocked. Oops!! #RTFMfail.
  25. R

FK8 New Owner - Hi

I've also got the 5yr service plan so can't really help there other than say that the Dealer I used said the break even point where it was worth taking was 2 services. Alloy insurance is a add one. I've got some high end cars with expensive alloys and never given any thought to taking out any...
  26. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

Some more pics from today. I've really neglected the Honda recently and it's been sitting in the garage under a cover for the past couple of months. Anyhow, a couple of hundred miles of just buzzing around the back roads and I'm reminded how bleeding effortlessly rapid this thing is. Still think...
  27. R

Jimbo's 92 Eunos Roadster

Love the wing. In truth I'd probably laugh at it if I saw it on the road, but it does sort of go with the rest of the look.
  28. R

EP3 Good places for a steering wheel retrim?

Royal also did my Ultima wheel, taking it from a fairly thin and basic wheel and making it thicker, having smooth leather and perforated leather parts, contrast orange stitching and also a bit at the top to make sure I was pointing forward most of the time. Great service and surprisingly...
  29. R

Small bump even although it's not quite FK8 related... Well, progress has been a bit slower than I had initially hoped so it looks like I'll have the car in spring rather than autumn. I've got a bundle of photos so will eventually organise a build thread but things are almost at the rolling...
  30. R

For Sale: Genuine Honda Civic Type R ( FK8 ) jack. Very (very, very, very) rare item. Manufactured from lightweight Unobtanium. Used once. Offers in the form of sealed envelopes containing bundles of used £5 notes invited. May part-exchange for a Unicorn Horn or something similarly rare.
  31. R

So it seems. I looked in the little hatch on the left hand side in the boot where I thought the jack should have been. Hey ho, guess I'm up on the deal :)
  32. R

even odder
  33. R

Despite appearing to park about 18 inches from any kerb I managed to kerb a front alloy last week trying to get a bit closer. It's was an expensive sounding grating noise. It was light damage it was fairly obvious on the black wheel. I'm now £80 lighter and going back to my 18 inch rule :)...
  34. R

FK8 Any rattles

None from mine
  35. R

I fitted the exact same unit to my Ultima a couple of years ago and it has been faultless.
  36. R

I can associate with these views soooooooo much :) Since getting the MY HONDA dongle fitted to the car I seem to be driving like a nun on the way to choir practice (other religions are available) and seeing how good a score I can get for being a saintly driver. I could probably cope with 200...
  37. R

FK8 Intermittent rattle from front brake/hub, NOT brake squeal.

Experienced the exact same thing this evening after a run and only looked on the Forum to see if anyone else had any clues. Good timing
  38. R

It does look smart. I hadn't considered a dashcam but that's fairly subtle.
  39. R

FK8 Finally seen another FK8

Whoever it is, they obviously eat slower than I do. I made my scrambled eggs on toast stretch out for nearly an hour incase the driver appeared. I'm guessing that nobody could actually be shopping for groceries for nearly an hour. :D
  40. R

Turn up for breakfast at Morrisons and discover I'm not the only R in the village. Copycat upper tailgate spoiler as well.
  41. R

Hmmm. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question... but the illumination pack fitted to my car was fitted at the factory, during the build process, and was in-situ when the car rolled off the transporter from the factory onto the dealer forecourt. No idea if that's the standard way of doing it...
  42. R

Mine was speced when I ordered the car and was factory fitted
  43. R

FK8 Windscreen crack. Grrr!

Just to round this off. I took the car to the Autoglass Centre this morning to have the windscreen replaced and collected it again in the afternoon. The replacement is a proper Honda part with all the markings of the original, including the H. It also came with a calibration certificate for all...
  44. R

FK8 FK8 Phone Issue - Can you help a luddite please?

Crikey, sorry if you confused banter with abuse. You must have had a very sheltered upbringing. Glad you've sorted it.
  45. R

FK8 FK8 Phone Issue - Can you help a luddite please?

Press the button to change the language. Might as well make it educational :)
  46. R

That’s along the lines I remember the service guy telling me to do, but I’m sure I was told I had to do it 3 times in succession (or something like that) to do it more of a permanent reset.
  47. R

I've seen the local Dealer Demo car on the road a few times. Mine did it about 3 times in as many days. I phoned the service dept and they told me to do a "hard reset" which involved doing something with the touchscreen but can't remember what it was.. hasn't happened again.
  48. R

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I contacted Vertu Derby a few weeks before ordering a new car. They had a red demo car with about 300 miles on it. Got to say, I found the salesman really evasive and not easy to deal with. Appreciate that's a sample of one, but it put me off fairly quickly.
  49. R

It's at the point when you speak to a real person that you get told about having to get things recalibrated and that can only happen at their centre. To be fair to Autoglass, they've been really helpful and on the ball and would have fitted it at the local dealer for me if they could have.
  50. R

Interestingly (or not) ... after a visit to the dealer yesterday it seems "Honda" have any windscreens needing replaced using... Autoglass. Autoglass is the installation company my insurers use so that's handy, apart from the £95 excess. Also, because of the rain sensing stuff for the wipers...
  51. R

Ooooh. I have huge OCD issues as well. Didn't realise it had Honda etched on it. Now, what have you started :) I'll ask tomorrow. My windscreen excess is £95 so I guess it will be a bit more than that.
  52. R

I did phone the dealer to see whether they fitted a replacement and they said to bring it in and they would look at it and see it there is any chance there's a manufacturing defect. It's never going to happen but worth a try I guess. Autoglass said I have to take it to one of their depots to get...
  53. R

Bye FK8, hello i8

Looks great. Really interesting choice of car. One of my friends bought one when they were first released. He only kept it about 18 months (he only keeps anything about 18 months) but I always thought it looked really special and futuristic.
  54. R

Bummer. I've had a few cracked windscreens over the years (the joys of living in the countryside mean it's as likely to be a pheasant or a deer as much as a stone) but usually there's a noticeable impact when it happens. This just seemed to crack. To be fair, there is what looks like an...
  55. R

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

I'm impressed how clever it is already. I phoned the dealer this morning to see how I went about getting it fitted. I'm off on Wednesday morning so was going to ask if that would be ok. "No problem sir, we can book you in for next week. Is Wednesday morning suitable?" Technology eh!!
  56. R

FK8 Oi mate, Awesome car but that rear wing looks daft

It's in the book as 0.4hrs ... so not-a-lot. I sometimes find the car feels a bit more unstable with the spoiler fitted, particularly when I'm reversing out the garage. Seems ok going forward ***. ;)
  57. R

Exactly. Optioning some expensive cosmetic carbon trim on a road car weighing nearly 1400kg isn't ever going to be the wisest way to spend money but will look nice.
  58. R

Now, that's a proper camera!! I just play around at it to be honest. For every decent one there's a gazillion duffers I spent a couple of hours on Forza creating a replica of my car so I could take "snapshots" during races, but I winced every time I crashed it so ended up driving like...
  59. R

It's sounding better by the minute. :D
  60. R

I phoned the dealer and asked if I was missing out or could I get one. No problem, they would fit one at no cost and I just have to arrange a time to turn up and get it done. Sorted :)
  61. R

Newbie touching base...

Looks great.
  62. R

Bit of a mix. I've got a decent Nikon DSLR that comes in handy for aerial photography. Even bigger wings lol
  63. R

Hmmmm. The bloke at the petrol station probably did have a point. Just as well I wasn't in the Civic or it might have been worse!!
  64. R

Can you just turn up at the dealer and sort of ask for one? Don't know if I really want one but would hate to be missing out :D
  65. R

Nobody luvs a show-off. But since you ask... F355 Berlinetta, rosso/crema, manual, tubi decat exhaust
  66. R

Yes, from from carmats-uk.com. I already had the official Honda mats so already had the proper fixing stud things fitted and these just were a direct replacement and the holes lined up exactly over the original fixing studs.
  67. R

Although my car came with free Type-R mats I just bought a set of these standard mats in red with black edging to see if I liked the look. They arrived today. £24 delivered and a bit of a bargain. First impressions are good. They seem no thinner than the official Honda ones and the fit is a...
  68. R

FK8 Diskloks

You can?? Crikey.. this is why I should learn to google stuff more often before I buy stuff. Geeze!!! (for sale: iPhone X. Hardly used. Bought by mistake) lol
  69. R

FK8 Diskloks

I'm getting used to the keyless thing but would be just as happy without it and agree that the back seats are a bit meh. Neither did I last month but used the wireless charging thingy as an excuse to upgrade :D
  70. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

It's great that we all don't like the same colours. The dealer's demo car I had was sonic grey and I thought it was a fairly unflattering colour I had a black Type 72 Exige S and it seemed to get filthy every time you looked away so would never have a black car of any sort again. Grey wouldn't...
  71. R

Haha. A serious answer is that only red Tommi Maks were always going to be safe money. Not meaning to be clever after the event (if I was that clever I would have kept it) but spending a bit more to get the right car in the most desirable spec was sensible. Both my Fezzas are resale red for a...
  72. R

I had mine for 4 years. When I was younger I think I was more interested in rally cars on tv than F1 or anything else so I had the whole rally slag decals on the car within a week of getting it. Probably why I'm getting my Stratos in the full rally replica look. Sometimes the 4 wheel drive came...
  73. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

I paid £32750 without any trade-in last month and that included the 5 year service plan, factory fitted interior illumination pack, mats inc boot mat and fitted upper tailgate spoiler. Obviously it’s easier getting “stuff” included free than getting bigger cash discounts but if the dealer knows...
  74. R

No, but very close. My ocd wouldn't let the stickers on that car be so squint :D :D
  75. R

Yeah, I think we both should have kept them. One of my mates had a Subaru STI in full rally rep graphics at the same time. I'm sure we both looked like right plonkers on the road but there wasn't much could keep up.
  76. R

My Evo looked just as silly as my Type-R :)
  77. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

Thanks. I quite enjoy pottering at detailing but don't have anything like the patience or attention span as the proper guys. I get my F360 done every year and 2 blokes spend all day at it, so over 20 man-hours, which is way beyond my levels. I'm not really intending to keep the Civic in the...
  78. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

A rainy day spent with a machine polisher and some zymol rouge wax. Sad... but true :lol:
  79. R

FK8 Admiral Car Insurance renewal just hit the roof.....

Yikes!! That's some increase!! When I added the Civic to my Admiral Multicar Policy it went up by about £160, although admittedly that was only for 10 months cover till renewal. (As an aside re Adrian Flux. I had a £30,000 definitely-my-fault smash in another car about 4 years ago now and AF...
  80. R

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

The dealer gave me a free baseball cap when I collected the car. Admittedly it was a Honda-McLaren branded F1 cap. Unfortunately, it didn't come with instructions :D
  81. R

FK8 The compliments have started

I've had a few thumbs-up signs in the Type-R from the same folk who usually give me the middle finger in the Porsche. Obviously a cultured lot in the works carpark :)
  82. R

FK8 Body rigidity & flywheel

My tuppence worth is that the FK8 is the 1st car I've owned where the the difference it the settings between comfort/sport/etc is so marked. I've driven and owned a few Italian sporty cars that I've just kept in whatever the most sporty mode available is only because it seemed the right thing to...
  83. R

FK8 Question about the interior illumination pack

I went for the factory fitted option so have red illumination in both footwells which goes automatically brighter when the door opens. There’s also front door cills where the red typeR illuminates (as you say, the back ones don’t do anything) and there are small red lights on the interior door...
  84. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

A nice day to get the car out
  85. R

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Slightly OT, but I am following the thread because I think I need a better sounding exhaust on my car... but... This is the engine and exhaust on my Ultima. As you can see, there is no silencers or cats. I had the boxes removed and replaced with straight through pipe. About a month after...
  86. R

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Ouch. :eek: They do say that "Less is More"
  87. R

Looks good. :) Let's hope we don't end up parked next to each other at the same Tesco carpark :D :D
  88. R

Pah, that's New Zealand opinion so it's obviously just written to be contrary and argumentative. My ex-wife moved to New Zealand. There's a reason for that. :D
  89. R

FK8 Major Fault!

I confess to blow drying my Italian sporty car with a leaf blower every time I snow-foam it and wash it (which is pretty much after every time I drive it) before finishing off the drying with a waffle-weave drying towel and some Last Touch detailing spray. If you're geeky enough to be...
  90. R

FK8 Apple Carplay Issues iPhone X

No claims to an iPhone X, but my humble iPhone 6S seems to be playing up. Seemed to be fine on previous days. New cable from the iPhone shop as well. (being honest ***, I'm not quite sure that Carplay is really doing much for me. Maybe I'm a bit of a luddite)
  91. R

FK8 Am I being thick.. setting Autolock

Ok... the votes are in and have all been counted. The result.... yup. Guess it was me being thick. Lesson learned :lol:
  92. R

I guess it's that noise I've heard when I've been around the car with the key in my pocket but not going in. Glad I asked now, otherwise I might have just kept walking away from it assuming it was locked. Being honest, I hate this keyless stuff. My MX5 has it as well and I end up standing...
  93. R

Really? Well, that explains it a bit. My new MX5 is the only other "keyless" car I've got and I assumed they all did the same sort of thing since it locks itself when you walk away. ETA: So for the last week I've just been parking up and walking away from the car assuming it was locking...
  94. R

I want to be able to get out the car with the key in my pocket and for it to lock itself. I'm sure it can do it and I even think it did it originally when I collected it. Now it doesn't and I must be getting menu-blind cause I can't seem to make it do it now. Grrr!! (ok, It's probably me)
  95. R

Yeah, I've seen that on SELOC and also on one of the Stratos forums. There's a lot of really good build threads. I would struggle to make a tower out of Lego so am in awe at the guys who can do all that stuff.
  96. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

My First Honda :) Bit of an impulsive purchase but I really like the totally OTT looks. The more vents, scoops and wings the better in my book. All my wife was bothered about was that it had a big enough boot to take the weekly shopping so I guess that’s a win / win :) When I went to collect...
  97. R

I’ll certainly do a build thread somewhere. I’m the least mechanically minded bloke you could meet so my only input is paying the bills. I put my deposit down last May and I think the motorsport chassis is just being finished this month or next. Proper build should start in May/June. The guy...
  98. R

I bought an Alfa GTA to get the 3.2 V6 engine from that. The engine's getting fully rebuilt and upgraded at a specialist in Cardiff. Plan is to end up around 330-350 bhp. It will end up on Jenvey ITBs with a custom loom, custom emerald ecu with a choice of switchable maps to go from MOT-able...
Back