• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

I sold my old car back in May to WBAC and it was a positive experience. I will say however that my car was absolutely pristine and they still knocked the guts of £800 off due to a couple of very minor imperfections in the paint. They argued that on 50k plus cars the smallest blemish is picked...
  2. MrFandango

FK8 FK8 CTR Sport Line Ride

I think the ride with the 20s in comfort mode is pretty good, better than I was expecting and that includes driving on poor roads. My RS6 felt worse on the same roads, but I put that down to 21s and weighing 2 tonnes! Guess it depends on your frame of reference. You could try checking your...
  3. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'm not sure chopping in the FK8 for a Trophy and a DC5 screams financial sense to me... Moving to older cars (both arguably less capable than the Civic) and then doubling the insurance, tax, mot, servicing costs etc. Fair enough if you got a runabout and a DC5, I can maybe see some potential...
  4. MrFandango

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

I followed a red Type R the other day, first time I'd seen one in the flesh. Looked amazing. I'm happy with the grey, but if I'm honest I was really taken by the dark metallic blue paint available on the pre facelift. Shame they didn't include it for the facelift.
  5. MrFandango

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

What was wrong with your wheels Matt? Yeah I'm just looking for a cat back system, it's really only sound that I as affected. I believe a dealer would be hard pushed to void your warranty over that alone. I think I'm now of a mind to just do it.
  6. MrFandango

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

Aha, of course :p Indeed, try hey completely slipped my mind. A rather missed opportunity there. It just seems odd to me that for a car so focused and designed to see some track work, that there is little/no tollerence for some small modifications. Did they honestly think CTR owners would want...
  7. MrFandango

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

Matt, did your dealer say anything to you re the exhaust during any servicing and did you have any warranty work carried out during that time? Dotty's comment re Honda doesn't fill me with hope, but I don't see why they should be any more problematic than BMW/Audi/Lexus or Porsche who haven't...
  8. MrFandango

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

I'm keen to fit an aftermarket exhaust to my FK8. Partly to beef up the sound and partly because I'm not overly satisfied with the look of the three pipe OEM exhaust. Has anyone done this, or found a sympathetic Honda dealer to fit it for them, and still managed to keep their warranty intact...
  9. MrFandango

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

It was by a chap local to me - Clark Aitken detailing. I've been going to him for around 10 years. He does super cars and all the fancy stuff, luckily he found time to fit the Civic in before I ruined the paint.
  10. MrFandango

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

I was initially set on the blue, but I think the subtle approach is more me. I'm certainly looking forward to the easy washing from here on in :)
  11. MrFandango

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

'somthing better' is subjective ;) I was previously looking at low mileage M5s at £60k+ and Alfa QFs and AMG C63s saloons at £50k+. I wanted to replace my RS6, keep most of the practicalities but gain more fun. After driving them all I realised they were still a bit too heavy and in the case...
  12. MrFandango

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

Wasn’t sold on this colour originally, but it looks pretty good now that’s it had a wash, some PPF and ceramic coating:
  13. MrFandango

If it helps, I bought one anyway and haven't had any issues, touch wood. But then Ive only just hit 98 miles. It'll be fine :)
  14. MrFandango

I don't believe the gear crunch issue was 'solved', it was certainly never referenced as a fix in the facelift model. I actually don't believe Honda even officially confirmed it was an issue. I guess all you can do it drive the car and see. There are more leanered owners on here that can...
  15. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

Exactly, and this is why I think it’s a decent choice. A good friend with a background in tuned Elises and recently a GT4 pointed me at the FK8. He’s keen himself. I approve of your potential choices and in those colours too. Although there’s a lovely dark metallic green option for the Lotus...
  16. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

It says something that you had three in total, you would have been forgiven for bailing altogether after the first one. I too prefer my creature comforts, but I’ve come to notice that these haven’t been enough to warrant keeping my cars longer than 6 months! Gets expensive when you go through...
  17. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

I’ve owned the S3 and driven the Golf, neither would be a suitable replacement for someone who owned a CTR. Unless the CTR was too exciting/involving to drive! I doubt the Merc would suit either IMO.
  18. MrFandango

FK8 Fk8 current values

I’ve come into this, the other way around. WBAC offered me more than I paid for my RS6, I put a chunk in the bank and bought a new CTR. For the money I couldn’t see a more engaging car*, I still can’t and with production now ended, the choices are even less. * I discounted the Yaris GR...
  19. MrFandango

FK8 Ltd Edition BBS Forged Alloys

8k is too much certainly, that’s why I’m looking at other options also. I’ve read much re our cousins across the pond; many seem desperate to downsize for various reasons. I ran OEM 21s on my last car and OEM 20s on the car before that, so I’m happy with the size/comfort/looks balance afforded...
  20. MrFandango

That’s not easy if you’re looking at 20” with ET60…
  21. MrFandango

I’m going to try other avenues but it seems a missed opportunity that Honda aren’t a little more proactive here. The fact it doesn’t seem a firm answer either way, makes me think I should dig a little deeper. It’s that or I simply go with the likes of HRE, Vossen or similar. Fine wheels but...
  22. MrFandango

Has anyone enquired as to if these are available to buy from their local Honda dealer? I asked and was told no at first and then possibly but at £2k a wheel. Anyone know different?
  23. MrFandango

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

I tried to buy a blue one, the only new - delivery mileage - FK8 physically available on AT back in April/May time. It was up at around 39k and had just sold when I enquired about it. I panicked at that point because all that was left were a handful of used cars priced at near new values. I...
  24. MrFandango

Short of a different car, I honestly don’t know how they can make this good. In normal situations this is what would happen and it would all be handled by the dealer. I wonder if circumstances in this situation are in part, side effects of the factory closing and leaving the UK. As said the...
  25. MrFandango

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’ve searched and not seen an answer. Looking through the FK8 sales brochure, I noticed that in the pictures the Type R has headlight washers. The UK models obviously don’t, so I was wondering why. Do we have lowered powered LED headlights compared to...
  26. MrFandango

I also took delivery of my new Type R end of last week, so I’m gutted for you that the experience has been ruined in such a way. My car had to be transported a good few hundred miles on a trailer to get to me. First time I’d taken delivery in such a way, so I did have concerns at not having...
Back