• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Superfli

Your tyre reviews

Just got a couple of Hankook 104s on the back. Looked like a good tread and they seem to have some good reviews. Only done approx 500 miles on them, but they seem fine considering all the wet weather we've been having recently. Not driven them hard yet though.
  2. Superfli

Squeek when I'm pulling off

Mine steering has started to squeek, but my car is out of warranty :cry: Is this rack tensioner an easy/cheap adjustment? Please [-o< :D
  3. Superfli

ITG advice

I'm really happy with my ITG. There is a definate increase in torque at around 3k + feels stronger in Vtec, not by loads, but it is noticeable. It also looks the dangly's under the bonnet - better than any other filter I have seen :D
  4. Superfli

351.4 miles from a tank.

You noticed the same cars behind you all the time? Maybe they are hitching a ride :lol: :lol: My figure was constant motorway driving and rarely Vtec'ing. Although its not too hard to get 300 from a tank anyway :?
  5. Superfli

351.4 miles from a tank.

I got 355 out of mine on the european motorways. It wasn't as empty as when I filled it either, so reckon 370 wouldn't have been too difficult.
  6. Superfli

Shell V-Power to replace Optimax.

Good stuff that. Could do with choosing a different colour pump though, I mean i was at the petrol pump for a good couple of mins, checking and rechecking that this stuff in a RED and BLACK pump was actually petrol and not diesel :lol: ( I was in Germany, where they speak a funny language, to...
  7. Superfli

Well done that man

I changed my wiper blades today.. I shuold have got some photos done :lol: That guy is incredible. :shock: :shock:
  8. Superfli

Cycle Racks on a Type-R :?:

I have a Thule Shuttle, which fits most cars, although I havent tried it on the CTR.. the spoiler probably would be awkward :? Its bl**dy good though. Holds the bikes on really solidly and can also double up as a snowboard carrier - in '98 we took 6 boards down to the alps on the back of a...
  9. Superfli

Talex Lite Camera Detector

Thanks for the tip Composite Guru, just got one myself in my local Tesco's. Works a treat, I was well suprised at how accurate it was with Gatsos - down to within a ft :shock: . Problem is, when I got it, the first thing I tried to do was set the time. Not realising it got the time+date from...
  10. Superfli

She's back on the road!!!

I would have thought the insurance would try and wriggle out of it, but if not, please let us know - word of mouth goes a long way for insurance recommendations :D Taken from Ben Lovejoy's site: http://nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.html Even if your policy appears to be ok, I think these...
  11. Superfli

She's back on the road!!!

Nice one Chris, lad you got her back on the road so quick :D Out of interest, whats happened about replacing the Armco at the ring? When you had your accident, you mentioned that your insurance would pay for it - I was rather sceptical, but would like to hear otherwise, and if so, who insured...
  12. Superfli

New plates ordered

I'm sure I've seen that reg around here (Pompey), where are you from? Or maybe uit was MY02 CTR.... Both good plates though :D
  13. Superfli

CTR with a sunroof :shock:

:D Doh, thought the DC2 was well stripped out - sounds like luxury :wink:
  14. Superfli

I wouldnt have said the CTR was a "Type-R purist" car. Whereas a ITR DC2 is. If it was a simple addon I'm sure that Honda would have added the sunroof as an option. Probably wasnt the demand for one in the initial plans for the CTR. Rear headrests, parking sensors, A/C arent exactly for purists...
  15. Superfli

Looks nice IMO - as said previously why slate the guy? 'cause he is on another forum maybe?? :roll: :roll: :roll: As for weight, oh come on, FFS try loosing a stone or 2 in the gym if you are that obsessed. As for strength, I'm not sure. If I were buying, I would definitely have a...
  16. Superfli

Pipercross V Force

And mine was 1 bhp down on the standrad CTR :lol: :-k (although it was also 8bhp dpwn on my last RR (different RR though)...... Just to put a fly in the ointment :D
  17. Superfli

TP's earthing kit fitted

:oops: :oops: What a Dumb Feck I am!! Found it straight away this morning :roll: All fitted and looking 8)
  18. Superfli

TP's earthing kit fitted

I dont have to take anything off to get at it do I? I'll have a look tomorrow in the daylight.. Cheers
  19. Superfli

TP's earthing kit fitted

I just fitted mine - took considerably longer due to the neg. battery terminal bolt snapping with the nut in it :oops: :D As with Chris, I didn't know where to fit the throttle body earth? Its fitted to the other manifold hole at the mo.. where has everyone else fitted theirs? Any pics...
  20. Superfli

OEM backbox and midpipe?

Just had my spoon bpipe fitted (thanks JonCTR :D ) to the standard backbox and I can 2nd that it sounds just a little louder than OEM, and am sure it gives more power in Vtec. It would be interesting to see what gains I got if any, as I had a RR just before fitting...
  21. Superfli

Different size front to back?

I got the front swapped to back the other day and its feeling loads better. That and the combination of checking and re-checking the tyre pressures sorted it out. Extra grip on front = less understeer :D
  22. Superfli

Your tyre reviews

Smithers, can you have a read of this when you have a spare min? http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10250 Is this what your T1-Rs felt like? Cheers
  23. Superfli

Will do mate. I want it sorted before the Salisbury meet - otherwise, dont drive behind me :D
  24. Superfli

Just checked the pressures and the back measured 35left and 25right??!!! Fronts were a bit off too... Now, I'm not too convinced by my pressure gauge (got it on the front cover of TWO magazine - looks a bit like it was made from faulty lollipop sticks), so went to the local garage for a...
  25. Superfli

Somethings not right with my tyres... After having the tyres fitted, I initially thought I could feel the back end start to bounce, or try to slip away, but it was only once and thought maybe its just wearing in. Anyway, today joining the M3 from M25, I gave it a bit more right foot and the...
  26. Superfli

width and depth - 215/40s instead of 205/45s. Cant be bothered to swap em over, just wont use E-tyres again, as the advice they gave me sounds like it was b*llcks
  27. Superfli

I meant putting non standard size tyres on the front was apparently illegal.
  28. Superfli

I was told this was illegal? Thats the way I wanted the setup to go, but have been forced to have the 40s on the rear?
  29. Superfli

Cheers, but got em fitted now anyway :D Havent had much of a chance to test them out "properly", but have had a few corners where the back seemed to skip around slightly :shock: maybe its just me...
  30. Superfli

Oh well, I'll hope its ok as they get fitted in a few mins :)
  31. Superfli

Just changing my front tyres and want some Toyo T1-Rs. Now they are £86 for the 215/40-17 from etyres.co.uk, £10 cheaper than the 205/45s. My rear tyres still have plenty of life left, but are 205/45 (Michelin Pilots). Is it ok to fit the different size front tyres, until I get the...
  32. Superfli

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Registered Dec 2002. Got 42k on her now - they get more powerful as they get older :wink:
  33. Superfli

SP30 3 points

I wouldn't know, but sounds like you ought to stick with them until the settlement has been made. FYI I'm with Norwich Union Direct, and when I got my insurance, they weren't bothered about how many points I had, just asked me what code I had. So you could have 9 points for 3 SP30's and they...
  34. Superfli

SP30 3 points

Unless you want to fullfill your years NCB, I would change insurance comp asap. Its what competition is all about.. SP30 and 3 points is very common nowadays, so wouldn't have thought it would cost that much more to insure you - but I expect it does to some degree, depend on your history...
  35. Superfli

The Official Dyno Chart Thread - NO CHAT

Model Of Car: EP3 Civic Type R Year Of Car: 2002 Mileage Covered: 42,500 Wheel BHP: 178 bhp Flywheel BHP: 221 bhp Dyno Manufacturer: SUN Ram 12 Power Modifications: - ITG Maxogen Airfilter
  36. Superfli

WOW!

:shock: :shock: 89.9p/ltr here in Pompey. And I thought that was cheap!
  37. Superfli

WOW!

I've been monitoring my fuel consumption with the 95 RON and 99RON tescos stuff. Get approx 40 miles more per tank on the 99RRON. which pays for the extra £2 in cost. on 44 ltrs, I'll get around 300ish, I vary from 320-275 31mpg :)
  38. Superfli

Alarm fob

Got it, and it works a treat. Program it using the guide in the small alarm handbook.
  39. Superfli

Alarm fob

Just ordered one from a guy called Dan Sanderson [email protected] £30 delivered. I havent got it yet so am keeping my fingers crossed I havent got ripped off. Heres a pic. They are the same as the S2000s. http://www.3dgroupuk.com/images/products/HON001.gif
  40. Superfli

Got my ITG Maxogen fitted!

Fitted it myslef. It really is easy to fit, surely you can trust yourself! Not sure if ITG fit them :?
  41. Superfli

Got my ITG Maxogen fitted!

At last. I think I paid my deposit back in June... Anyway, I'm well pleased with it. It looks stunning and gives the car more torque from 3k or maybe even lower. Plus the Vtec feels loads smoother? and certainly more powerful :D . As for noise, its no way as load as my old Simota type, open...
Back