• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DONKEY

cosmic grey

Irony, is great (and that aint a colour)
  2. DONKEY

Steering rack

This thread is worthless without pics!! Thanks for the info tho, hopefully will make a big difference in the long run!
  3. DONKEY

Steering rack

I need to know this fix!!
  4. DONKEY

cosmic grey

But Cosmic is the fastest! I also believe that Cosmic was the 'Optional extra' colour and it cost more?
  5. DONKEY

My baby

My next mod is Im possibly getting the wheels refurbed and finished in a matt black effect. I am after a carbon bonnet and mugen grill, then eventually racing manifold and kpro! Will be stunning once complete!
  6. DONKEY

My baby

There are some great deals there, will be investing in a Manfrotto tripod for only£42!! Bargain! I already got a remote switch, so all being well, I should have enough to get me started. (I got the twin lens bundle with 8gb memory card so great starter kit really!)
  7. DONKEY

My baby

Work, Work Work!!! I have also got a Volvo V70 T5 which I managed to put on 60k in 12 months! (Noth the same time obviously!! lol)
  8. DONKEY

My baby

Now for the shocker! I looked at my mileage today and I am on 71890 miles! I had 30k on it when I bought her in April 08!!! Mental, but never missed a beat
  9. DONKEY

My baby

I want it lowering, but im dubious due to the mid pipe being low on the DC exhaust, it catches now, and it aint lowered!
  10. DONKEY

My baby

Decide to take some pics after giving the car a quick clean. I took the pics with my Xmas pressie, my Canon 450d... Im after tips on piccy taking from you pro photographers in here! Im lookin to invest and buy a tripod very soon. Anyway, I digress, Here is my 05 plate Type R in Cosmic, only...
  11. DONKEY

No sound system at all!!

Will get stuck back in to it tomorrow and have a good look. I will post pics up for reference, Cheers peeps!
  12. DONKEY

No sound system at all!!

BUMP.
  13. DONKEY

No sound system at all!!

When I got my car, I was aware that it had a (dont laugh) Moffset amp in the boot. It has never quite worked properly. The next stage I changed the standard head unit and 6 cd changer to a decent sony headunit. That worked fine...for a while. Now it dont work at all, very tinny distant...
  14. DONKEY

headlights (dipped)

My bulbs keep going on me and Im getting sick of replacing them, sometimes they last a week and they are decent bulbs and I have even got my local grage to replace them, so I know it aint me cocking it up! Any ideas? Cheers in advance Don
  15. DONKEY

DC sports manifold and exhaust sytem

So can a Dc manifold be used with out an ecu upgrade (kpro etc) I know you will benefit the gains more using an upgrade, but is it a viable option without ecu upgrade? cheers Don
  16. DONKEY

DC sports manifold and exhaust sytem

i got dc cat back on mine, it fits perfectly well, not stick out at all. It growls, low end and sounds evil on vtec. It also pops nicely when on over run. Iam after a dc manifold for mine at some point, so let me know how ya get on!
  17. DONKEY

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Well I got mine on 31at March and she was on approx 30,000 (05 plate) she is now on 64,000!!! Loads a miles!
  18. DONKEY

O2 Sensor cheat for decat pipe

ah right! Cool thank you.................now for my next questions? Where and how much? Are they easy to fit and will it have a neg. effect on my performance? Cheers in advance Don
  19. DONKEY

Cmon, there has gotta someone who knows the wasy around this? Am I right in saying it involves earthing the sensor? That is what I have done on my previous 3 volvo T5's and also my 2 scoobs cheers
  20. DONKEY

How easy is it? anybody got a how to or would be able to point me in the right direction? Cheers peeps Don
  21. DONKEY

decat ep3?

Unless your gonna say something decent, dont say anything at all!! spam alert I reckon!?
  22. DONKEY

decat ep3?

I take it you have to have kpro for a racing manifold, or can you just have the manifold with out he ecu upgrade?
  23. DONKEY

decat ep3?

Fantastic stuff, is the 02 sim expensive?? any ideas? Cheers
  24. DONKEY

decat ep3?

REALLY??? i wouldnt have thought of lookin there!! lol no, already checked and I wasnt sure of the quality or if they are any good, hence the help required.
  25. DONKEY

decat ep3?

Hi there peeps, Im after info on a decat pipe for ep3 facelift 2005. I have tried searching but had no real joy. Any recomendations? shall I get one made up? any decent brands? I have a cat back dc sports exhaust already on at the min..... please help!!! cheers Don
  26. DONKEY

Driveshaft Heatshield

Hi all, I know it is quite common for the driveshaft heatshield to work loose and Im gonna take the car to the garage after the weekend, but where is the heatshield located? I cant cope with the annoying rattle between 3,000 rpm and 3,700 rpm, hope is is this. It only does it between those...
  27. DONKEY

North West EP3 Stolen 30-JUL-08

To be honest, they pick anything with a bit of grunt, anything from mitsi L200 (for ram raiding) right thru, as long as it is pretty new, The MO has been 'taking keys' for a long while now, as car security improves, it puts the owner/driver at even more risk. It even got to the point where...
  28. DONKEY

Stereo/head unit removal?

Any ideas where to start? im replacing the standard unit with my sony one and have already got the replacement facia. can anyone point me in the right direction, as it is a task for monday (28th). Cheers, Don
  29. DONKEY

More help required please

Well Im not sure whether you guys all read my previous thread over a dodgy noise which turned out to be possible a clutch release bearing, well my clutch seems all weird now. It feels spongey and not very sharp. It has no problem when changing gear, but when I set of from standstill it...
  30. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

Hi there, I went to see my good friend in his garage and he said similar diagnosis, but was reliably informed that it would not have any detrimental effect on car and it aint worth changing the clutch for just a noise. He said to me that it was the release bearing. As long as your clutch is...
  31. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

Had it looked in to today, and I also got a second opinion incase the garage I purchased it from blagged me. My second opinion was a from a friend with a reputable garage, both said it was a bearing in the clutch. My friend told me not to worry as it wont do any detrimental damage to my...
  32. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

I used to own a subaru legacy twin turbo and that had a similar noise but was the turbo heatshield vibrating.....Hope its somethin similar on mine...Doh, no turbo....yet!!
  33. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

Hi buddy, Im off to my garage where I purchased mine from tomorrow and I am gonna pressure them for the warranty side of things as I only got mine 10 days ago. i will keep you updated if I know any more!
  34. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

Will do, thanks for that!
  35. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

The garage is Graham Walker sports and prestige cars, Chester.
  36. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

A warranty wasnt mentioned, I have only had it 8 days.
  37. DONKEY

Whats the noise?

I can hear a slight grinding noise whn I slow down in 2nd or 3rd gear. it stops when I accelerate and it stops when I depress the clutch. It seems to happen on slow down whilst in gear, It is faint and I have no clutch slip. I know it aint the brakes. Any ideas? Also, i only got her on 31st...
  38. DONKEY

Doesn't sound good....

Hi there, I got my car last week and I have noticed that when I'm coming up to a junction etc in second, and slowing down, I can hear a faint grinding noise. It doesn't do it when Im accelerating and it certainly ain't the brakes. It only stops when I depress the clutch pedal. It is not a...
  39. DONKEY

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

I do 170 miles, A DAY!! Most of it is motorway, but the last 10 miles are serious twisties with a couple of decent straights, I love working lates when it is dry! i got my CTR on 31 march, I have done 1500 miles. Bugger.
Back