• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. civeeek

Returning to UK - Reputable Insurer Needed (not many around!)

Hi Everyone, Looking at a possible return to the UK. Picked out the car I want (05/06 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro). I've had my licence 14 years, never had a claim, but as I've been out of the UK for a while I have no NCB. I've done the usual directline, gocompare, etc. Prices range from £850 -...
  2. civeeek

2013 Type R

May be a repost, I havent come across it in the forum, but has anyone seen this? http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273562/honda_civic_type_r_is_back.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Outbrain+Honda Does anyone have any insight as to how the 210bhp engine will...
  3. civeeek

ECU Fault on Dad's Volvo!

I know its not Honda related, but this place is full of smart folk who can help me with this one! Dear old Dad's S60 D5 has got an ECU fault on it...so its been into Volvo who have said it needs a new mass airflow meter & they want 300 notes for it! So I have 2 questions for the group! 1) Is...
  4. civeeek

Super E10 BioFuel

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20110301-33421.html Was reading about this, this morning. The Germans have this on more and more forecourts...cant say I've noticed the price is any different though! Does anyone know if this fuel is ok to run in a CTR? Or does anyone have any info on this fuel...
  5. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Hi Everyone, Just a quick enquiry. I'm sure I have read on here before that there were recalls on early FN2's because of an issue with 2nd gear? Does anyone know what the issue/symptoms were? I'm having issues changing up into 2nd when doing anything more aggressive than the usual tootling...
  6. civeeek

FN2 Brake Recommendations...

ello' ello' ello', I'll be back on the island next week, and I'm planning on giving the calipers a scrub and refurb. So, depending on cost, I want to change the discs and pads whilst I am at it. I quite fancy dropping a set of vented/grooved jobbies on, more for the bling factor than anything...
  7. civeeek

Put my PiperX back on (FN2)!

Its blue skies and sunshine in the Reich this morning, so I figured it was time to bring the PiperX out of hibernation! It sounds farking awesome, and the Mrs wouldnt take a recording of the sound inside the cabin on the basis that it would make me a "geek". So until I convince her to shut...
  8. civeeek

FN2 FN2 Head Unit

Just a quick one to see if its just me or something is knackered! Does anyone elses CD's come out of the head unit just a few degrees shy of matching the temperature at the earths core?
  9. civeeek

FN2 Standard Wheel Colour Change

Hi Guys, I use my standard wheels, with winter tyres for use through the cold months. And ordinarily I havent given a toss about damaging them. That was until I took a chunk out of one, and then it upset me, but not enough to warrant a refurb. Saturday, my old man borrowed the car (hes out...
  10. civeeek

FN2 FN2 Boost/SC or Evo X

I need a project for the summer. So I am thinking 1 of 2 things, FI conversion on the FN2, or seeing as I am a lazy fecker, just going out and buying this. http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=l14ixd4trguq I think the only viable FI option for the FN2 is the CPL kit. So this will...
  11. civeeek

Jazz Recalls

For Jazz owners. Dont think its anything major...1 in a million fire risk. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8487475.stm
  12. civeeek

FN2 Engine mounts gone?

Hi Chaps, How do I explain this one without sounding like an eejit...especially in front of Neily03! ;) I've started to notice that when I am accelerating hard over bumpy/uneven road the engine note "skips" as I'm going over the bumps. Its almost like a string of mini vtec changovers...
  13. civeeek

FN2 Plastic Trim Scuffs

Calling all TRO members! I've had a read through the forum for help regarding scratches on interior plastic trim. And it seems hot air and a good rubbing is all thats required but it doesnt seem to work for everyone. I dont have scratches as such. More like scuffs on the lower door card, and...
  14. civeeek

Glass Cleaning

I hope someone can help me out with this one! I hate cleaning the inside of my windscreen. Its my cryptonite! I have used all manner of products to clean the the inside of my windscreen. Mr. Muscle, Megs, Windolene, etc etc. Its not just about the cleaner either, its about the cloth you use...
  15. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

I autoglymed the crap out of it this morning! And one of the Mrs...
  16. civeeek

FN2 - HKS Premium vs HKS Racing Induction Kit.

Hi Ladies & Gents (I think there are a few out there anyway). I've decided I want an induction kit for my FN2. I'm not after gains, I want the induction noise, and simply "because I can!". The Gruppe M would be the 1st choice, however, at £987.51 I'll give it a miss! I had a look at the Unit...
  17. civeeek

FN2 Warped Brake Discs?

Hi All, I have an 08 FN2, with 28'000 KM (18k-ish miles), and just recently I have noticed that when I step on the brakes between 80-100mph (autobahn territory only) I get quite a strong vibration feedback through the steering wheel. So I'm 99% sure its warped brake discs. But then would...
  18. civeeek

FN2 Clutch Pedal

Hi, :santa: My FN2 has developed an annoying problem with the clutch pedal. Its started to make a "clicking" noise as it goes down, followed by a "crunch" when it gets to the bottom! Its not affecting the drive, but its getting right on my moobs! Dont suppose anyone knows what it might be...
  19. civeeek

FN2 Stonechip rust

Hi, I picked up my FN2 in February. And now in August the front end is riddled with stonechips! Some of these stonechips have developed rust blisters. Is this something that is covered by the warranty? Its only 6 months old! Why have Honda now taken to slapping p*ss thin paint on their cars...
Back